BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 2020 College graduates - putting a face to a name!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2020 at 02:21 PM
2020 College graduates - putting a face to a name!

Putting a face to a name! Graduates for Dec. 2020 although the ceremony as such is sometime in 2021. Usually months after the end of the 9th and last semester.

This is Dayr - his major is Business Administation at UABCS in La Paz.

This is Olimpia in Ensenada, she is majoring in Law.

Alondra in Ensenada, she will become an Industrial Engineer.

Karla Valeria, going to school in TJ, will be a dentist!! OMG How wonderful is that going to be?!

Martha is studying Business Administration in Santa Rosalia.

Sarahi in Ensenada went into Cosmetology - Beauty School. She thrives and is going to work in Ensenada for a while and then come back to La Bocana. Another great day for us since she can cut the hair of the middle schoolers who cannot afford it! We have been covering the kids' haircuts for years since the boys get suspended when they don't have short enough hair. Besides being belittled by the faculty. I was there. I was floored. So, every beginning of the school year I get the list of those students who need haircuts on a regular basis and cover the cost.

Now we will have someone who can do it for free! This photo she sent specifies that it was taken before Corona virus hit.

So, this is Sarahi 2 weeks ago when she had a massive toothache. Thanks to Dr Alan Velazquez in Tijuana, his clinic took out her wisdom tooth free of charge and on an emergency basis. She sent me this photo - the anesthesia had kicked in, but his was NOT how she had planned to spend her day off LOL

And last but not least, we have Alberto who is majoring in Renewable Energy Resources in Santa Rosalia,

There is one more student graduating, Enrique. He a semester behind - He spent the last 6 months finishing his thesis and turns it in August 7th.

I don't know about him but I can't wait for the 7th to be over! Even so, he is job hunting in this most crazy of times, we need him working.

Pretty awesome journey! Once these students have graduated, that will leave me with 7. In 2022, there will be 2 students whom I have accompanied since middle school who I wish to sponsor but that day is still far awayyyyyyyyyyyy.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2020 at 02:45 PM

I recognize one of those students! :dudette:

Quite the legacy you are laying down in your neck of the woods. Keep up the good work!

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2020 at 04:43 PM

I bet you do elgatoloco!!

My greatest fear is getting the virus and dying before I have finished with the scholarship recipients. I have left notes for each student to contact their sponsor but the magic touch to make it all work, is mine. There is so much love and guidance, boosting up, yelling at and undoubtedly making sure they learn financial responsibility involved.

Remember that I have asked Pat from San Ignacio to ask for your help should an issue come up!

Today, I worked on all the extras for the girls - I am giving them lots of my costume jewelry, clothes I will never fit back into, and knick knacks. Downsizing is the talk of the day!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2020 at 06:42 PM

Martha came over to get her Christmas box in July since she had to go back to Santa Rosalia and start her internship project today. We had the "conversation" about what I expect from her over the next 6 months ie: time to find a job.

She has contacted someone she met in college who works at SAPA water company offices in Santa Rosalia. If a position comes up, they will let her know. Her goal is to gain experience there and then move to the Santa Rosalia office to be close to Mom and Dad.

She is also looking into two other companies.

All 3 meet the criteria I asked for: full health benefits, paid vacations and a retirement package. She got the message loud and clear!

Here she is with Mom and sister. Notice that Frida was secretary and took notes on the meeting LOL

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.