Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Tidiana house project - water pipe update Aug. 9, 2020
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2020 at 02:05 PM
Tidiana house project - water pipe update Aug. 9, 2020

Tidiana and Abraham are the family with 7 children. We got Abraham a vasectomy so there will be NO more kids.

Tidiana wanted her tubes tied but she got quite ill while giving birth and they were not able to do the procedure.

They started the process of buying a lot a while ago and finished paying it off! It is ejido land, in a beautiful up and coming part of town. I am making it my mission to build them a decent home so they don't live in the dump and so the little ones are not bullied nor belittled at school.

So, my friends and I got money together and we are going to have water piped to the lot. Here is Tidiana with the contract for water all paid up.

One of the local plumbing contractors will sell the tubing at cost, giving us a deal and a half! It will arrive the 1st week of August. Stay tuned for more photos then.

Here is a photo of us at their lot when we were discussing future plans. My scholarship final year in architecture student Ramiro and his dad the builder were there to discuss everything since I don't understand a thing about building. All I knew is that nothing is possible without water - so that is where I started LOL

This was a fuzzy feel real good day.

[Edited on 8-9-2020 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-21-2020 at 08:44 PM

That's beautiful Blanca.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2020 at 02:28 AM

Thanks!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-22-2020 at 07:00 AM

Good on you Blanca, somehow it will all come to be for the little ones with gumption & hope like yours leading the way.

Es Todo Bueno
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2020 at 11:23 AM

The tubing for the water line arrived yesterday! Now they will dig a trench, ABRAHAM will help with this.

One day amigos, they will have a real home. This is the 1st step.

La Bocana residents Cyndi and Marc, Kim and Scott, and I split the cost of this. Who knew pipes were so expensive.

Come visit La Bocana

surfhat
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2020 at 12:47 PM

Blanca, you have been a shining light for as long as I have been coming here.

I am always appreciative of your efforts on behalf of others, and especially the hands of the youth of who any future will rely upon.

Your are the gift that keeps on giving and it comes as natural as can be from such a soulful perspective.

I wished I had stopped by a few years ago when I took a wrong turn on my way to the La Bufadora Inn and ended up driving for a couple of hours in the dark north along the coast to Asuncion.

That was quite the adventure. My friends shot a video of part of that drive in the dark bouncing all over that is a riot. I hope I can get a copy sometime. Fortunately, I never had any tire problems in the dark and made it there in good shape.

Next time I will be sure and arrange an overnight stay, when traveling is safe again.

Bless you and your Les's ever giving heart in paying it forward for others,adn especially for those whose hands our future lies upon.

There cannot be a better example than the one you have exemplified over the years.

Others here should take the hint and set a similar example.

I can always dream, and that is worth just that much. Nada.

Peace, love and fish tacos!!!

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2020 at 01:42 PM

Thanks for the kind words, but absolutely none of what I do would be possible without everyone here. I wonder if I will be kicked off one day for pushing my luck - I need this, I need that, could someone please do this or that for me.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

My biggest wish is that every single nomad come and visit me before I kick the bucket. I am no spring chicken amigos and it makes my day to put a face to the name!!

Just to set the record straight: if you ask Les about my projects, his eyes roll just like you see in the cartoons. I can only even whisper what I am doing after the fact! He has a heart condition!

:o:o:o

Also, it takes a special human to love Baja and I bet every one here does something special for someone in Baja. It is the way of life here. Not all toot their horn, I was born tooting so that everyone would pitch in!

Quick story - when my family moved back to Brazil, I was 14 and an aunt gave us a vacation in a beach town called Santos in the state of Sao Paulo. Not the nicest town, really, but her apartment was ritzy and right in front of the ocean. One day, I made friends with a street kid named Antonio. He must have been all of 10 years old. I can picture his dirty clothes, dirty face and sweet disposition as I write.

On the way home, I asked my Mom if we could have him over to lunch the next day if I met up with him. If I remember correctly, he did come over every day for the week we were there. When the day came to leave, I was heartbroken that he was not around to say goodbye. We got in a cab and went to the bus station as we were going to return to Rio by bus. We are sitting in the bus and who do I see out the window but ANTONIO!! I call out his name and he sees us. We got to say goodbye. It was a miracle and to this day I wish I had been able to keep in touch with him.

OK surfhat - if you come south and BTW now is a lovely time to do so - gorgeous weather, hardly any visitors (on weekends, we are getting lots of Mexicans from Vizcaino and G Negro which is way cool) during the week but you must come via San Diego and stop by mom's house and pick up a box of brand new t-shirts that need to get to La Bocana.

Have a great day everyone.

Come visit La Bocana

advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2020 at 05:49 PM

Your place and both of your are worth the visit! Better people you will not meet. We really enjoyed your place and hope to be back next year. So what is the plan for the lot from here?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2020 at 06:54 PM

Plan is to put in a septic tank. We have dug the hole, I am working on getting the rest of the funds for all the material needed. Nine person family requires a huge fossa!

As soon as they finish the water, fossa work starts!

Come visit La Bocana

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2020 at 12:23 PM

Good for you Blanca and the family. I wish them the best.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2020 at 01:02 PM

What a wonderful, happy story. Bless you, Blanca.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.