Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Extortion, Armed Robbery by Rosarito Police
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2020 at 11:24 AM
Extortion, Armed Robbery by Rosarito Police

Heads up!

https://www.elimparcial.com/tijuana/rosarito/Con-hasta-500-d...

[Edited on 8-21-2020 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 8-21-2020 at 11:37 AM

One more reason to avoid rosarito!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 8-21-2020 at 11:42 AM

inflation!
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 8-21-2020 at 11:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

gosh we're sure gonna miss you;)
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2020 at 01:04 PM

Except for the price tag not much has changed in 48 years. Business as usual.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2020 at 01:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  

Not sure about that. As the article says, the cops are pulling out their guns, stealing victims' cell phones, and telling folks to go the ATM to get the money, up to $500.

Armed robbery.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2020 at 01:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
Quote: Originally posted by chippy  

Not sure about that. As the article says, the cops are pulling out their guns, stealing victims' cell phones, and telling folks to go the ATM to get the money, up to $500.

Armed robbery.

48 years ago there were no cell phones or atms. They just hauled your azz down to the station and took everything of value from your rig and pockets. Same same only different. These cops are probably their grand kids:lol:.

[Edited on 8-21-2020 by chippy]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 8-21-2020 at 02:50 PM

They probably want the phones to make sure there is no picture or recording of the shakedown!

[Edited on 8-21-2020 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2020 at 05:12 PM

it doesn't seem like a sustainable policy...on that scale.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2020 at 05:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  

gosh we're sure gonna miss you;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 8-21-2020 at 08:21 PM

. I will give them your plate number next time ☺️
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-21-2020 at 09:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  

You may find it funny. Of course, you are an a$$hat who doesn’t give a chit.
Most people think that when the police start robbing the citizens or tourists, then your community, state, country is truly a chithole. It is very sad to think that parts of Baja are overrun by state-authorized criminal gangs that wear uniforms and call themselves police.
If citizens allow their own state to be overrun by state-authorized criminal gangs, then Rosarito is flocked, and Baja is flocked.
Mexico really has a problem when tourists leave Mexico with a bad taste in their mouth because the cops are robbing the tourists at gun point.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2020 at 05:06 AM

Most people think that when the police start robbing the citizens or tourists, then your community, state, country is truly a chithole. It is very sad to think that parts of Baja are overrun by state-authorized criminal gangs that wear uniforms and call themselves police.
If citizens allow their own state to be overrun by state-authorized criminal gangs, then Rosarito is flocked, and Baja is flocked.
Mexico really has a problem when tourists leave Mexico with a bad taste in their mouth because the cops are robbing the tourists at gun point.

Isn't it grand how goats make light of what is going on in our major cities like Chicago, Portland, Los Angeles, New York, Minnesota, when 'orange man' calls them out as quizzically similar in one way ...

Yet when one town in Baja has a (actually historical) problem then it is 'all be damned' ..."Most people think that when the police start robbing the citizens or tourists, then your community, state, country is truly a chithole"

And to those who think my remarks turn a thread political... I'm just pointing out that it is actually goats that turn things political 'community, state, country' when it fits their agenda.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2020 at 05:10 AM

Historically, if you surfed/camped K38 or 55 in the 70's... you probably lost a board, wetsuit, or car stereo to the cops. And if you were holding a little of the demon weed, you lost your girlfriend for an hour or so in your tent.

Nothing really changes, just your awareness.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2020 at 05:37 AM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  
Historically, if you surfed/camped K38 or 55 in the 70's... you probably lost a board, wetsuit, or car stereo to the cops. And if you were holding a little of the demon weed, you lost your girlfriend for an hour or so in your tent.

Nothing really changes, just your awareness.

We got rousted by cops when camping on the bluffs above K55 back in 1976. No women in our group, but one of my friends was brought to tears. Lost some money, weed, and they threatened to take my VW van. After a few tense minutes, they took off, and shortly after, we bee lined it for the border.

John
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2020 at 05:53 AM

Isn't it grand how goats make light of what is going on in our major cities like Chicago, Portland, Los Angeles, New York, Minnesota, when 'orange man' calls them out as quizzically similar in one way ...

Yet when one town in Baja has a (actually historical) problem then it is 'all be damned' ..."Most people think that when the police start robbing the citizens or tourists, then your community, state, country is truly a chithole"

And to those who think my remarks turn a thread political... I'm just pointing out that it is actually goats that turn things political 'community, state, country' when it fits their agenda.

Not sure what your point is.

I support the protests against out-of-control racist USA cops. Institutionalized racism needs to be stamped out.
Mexico and USA need same thing: fire all the cops, hire all new.

[Edited on 8-22-2020 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2020 at 02:51 PM

I support the protests against out-of-control racist USA cops. Institutionalized racism needs to be stamped out.

Exactly
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 8-22-2020 at 03:28 PM

Since the comments have shifted to the USA as distinct from Mexico I will make a comment.

Cops in the USA are trained to follow the stats, evidence, and personal observations and gut-instinct when pursuing law breakers. If all that points to certain groups of people then it is those groups that the Police concentrate on. It is called "good policing", not "institutional racism"..

To ask for sweeping changes in how Cops traditionally work in the USA is narrow-minded, over-reacting, and counter-productive. To remove rouge-Cops is very appropriate, and the way is has been done for decades, in my experience (as a career City Cop/Fed. Cop, now retired).

Mexico is another Country-------when in Mexico think & act like a Mexican and avoid getting in trouble. Worked for me in travels in Baja and Sonora for some 60+ years.

Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 8-22-2020 at 03:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  

Mexico is another Country-------when in Mexico think & act like a Mexican and avoid getting in trouble. Worked for me in travels in Baja and Sonora for some 60+ years.

this might just be your lucky year;)

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-22-2020 at 05:05 PM

Exactly

x2

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.