BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: What's your next Baja trip? Where are you going and when?
Lobsterman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2020 at 06:00 AM
The Baja God

Who died and made you the spokesperson for all the baja people. As usual you talk out your ass and make up lies about other people and what they think. The biggest lie you are perpetuating is that you have ever been to baja. Pictures please to support your claim. Otherwise just STFU about your made-up claims. You are a spokesperson for "how to lie and get away with it!"

Jizz:
No one cares if You or another gringo gets sick.
Many locals don’t want asymptomatic gringos spreading the disease in communities that have no med facilities...
Some people may want the business from tourists, many other people wish you would just stay out of their community.[/rquote]
Grenadiers
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2020 at 10:19 AM

We recently closed on our house in Mulege, and hope to head down soon after the election. However, we’re keen on keeping abreast of Covid infections making their way to that area. We’ll get tested before we leave, and stay home pending new developments. Absorbing daily Talk Baja, Fish Baja on Facebook, is driving me crazy on wanting to leave soon! The fall season here in NW Wisconsin has been wonderful, not much rain. And I’ve been making improvements our overland vehicle, so keeping busy. Buying a boat in BOLA, the Amazon deliveries for vhf radio, fishing gear, etc., adds to anticipation. Argggg!
ehall
Super Nomad

Mood: It's 5 o'clock somewhere

[*] posted on 9-25-2020 at 12:52 PM

4Lo fiesta in San Felipe in Oct. I have to be tested every week for work so I am definately well versed in that.
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2020 at 05:49 PM

Arrived in La Paz yesterday after smooth sailing from Mazatlan. 104° at Tecolote beach yesterday but the water was perfect. Today a little cooler 101° at Playa de los Muertos with even better water. Off to the Pacific side mañana.:bounce:

Restaurants,hotels,beaches(except Balandra?), stores and the malecon(my daughter roller bladed it 2x) all open. Mask and gel use was evident everywhere. I saw about 20% non use of masks while exercising on the malecon in the early a.m.

The fish tacos are so good here as is the peace and love.

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2020 at 05:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by chippy  
Arrived in La Paz yesterday after smooth sailing from Mazatlan. 104° at Tecolote beach yesterday but the water was perfect. Today a little cooler 101° at Playa de los Muertos with even better water. Off to the Pacific side mañana.:bounce:

Restaurants,hotels,beaches(except Balandra?), stores and the malecon(my daughter roller bladed it 2x) all open. Mask and gel use was evident everywhere. I saw about 20% non use of masks while exercising on the malecon in the early a.m.

Great to hear.

I can see keeping Balandra closed. It gets wicked crowded there. We avoid it unless it's a random weekday.

My favorite beaches are a couple miles due East of Tecolote. Always deserted.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2020 at 06:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Great to hear.

I can see keeping Balandra closed. It gets wicked crowded there. We avoid it unless it's a random weekday.

My favorite beaches are a couple miles due East of Tecolote. Always deserted.

Yep to the beaches east. I think everyone should see Balandra once but I agree it´s too crowded and too shallow. So many better beaches near by.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2020 at 06:06 PM

If everybody avoided crowds there wouldn't be any and that's the best from a virus point of view. Distancing, masks when in close proximity, no crowds.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2020 at 06:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
If everybody avoided crowds there wouldn't be any and that's the best from a virus point of view. Distancing, masks when in close proximity, no crowds.

Truth!

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2020 at 06:10 PM

Give us an update on the Pacific side when you get there.

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2020 at 06:12 PM

Happily:biggrin:
CasaMaximus
Banned

[*] posted on 9-28-2020 at 10:35 PM

Home to todos santos on 10/11. My next trip was suppose be via road. Not to be...

Sfo via sjd and a trusty awd VW from there.
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2020 at 02:54 PM

OK we left La Paz and hauled azz to SJD to go tackle shopping at my new favorite store. JansenTackle( thanks elskel!). Then we took the naranjos trail from east to west. It was really sketchy down the western slope I´m glad I have a fairly short wheel base truck. I wouldn´t want to do it in a full sized pick up.

I was thinking about staying in Pescadero or Todos but it has changed so much for the worse that I couldn´t get out of there fast enough. La paz for another night then off to Lopez Mateos.

I was hoping to go wahoo fishing in LM and thought I could just show up as in the past and go fishing the next day. Wrong. LM was DEAD. Like a ghost town. Everything locked down. Whales tail Inn closed:no:! Probably my fault for not making contact/res.

Oh well its Mexico adjust and move on. Spent a night in Loreto.Great as always! Asado Super Burro always delivers!

Now here in La Bocana. Blanca and Les are super cool. Had some damn fine lobster at Las Cabañas yesterday. Fishing the estero at campo Rene in the am. Lifes good.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-29-2020 at 03:27 PM

Sounds great, chippy. You made the best of it all. I hope you took photos of the scary part of the Los Naranjos Road!

Lopez Mateos was dead when I was there in August 2017, doing my mapping work. I was told that the town almost shuts down any tourist business then... Maybe too hot and humid for most gringos and Chilangos? Mosquitos were heavy at sundown. I stayed at the Hotel Refugio, run by Róman, for 350 pesos.

[Edited on 9-29-2020 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2020 at 04:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Sounds great, chippy. You made the best of it all. I hope you took photos of the scary part of the Los Naranjos Road!

[Edited on 9-29-2020 by David K]

Nope. My wife and daughter weren´t having any part of it:lol: and I was on the cliff side driving. Thankfully someone had stacked some rocks on the wash outs so it wasn´t labor intensive. I do have photos of the drive though just not the gnarly parts.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2020 at 09:05 PM

OK we left La Paz and hauled azz to SJD to go tackle shopping at my new favorite store. JansenTackle( thanks elskel!). Then we took the naranjos trail from east to west. It was really sketchy down the western slope I´m glad I have a fairly short wheel base truck. I wouldn´t want to do it in a full sized pick up.

I was thinking about staying in Pescadero or Todos but it has changed so much for the worse that I couldn´t get out of there fast enough. La paz for another night then off to Lopez Mateos.

I was hoping to go wahoo fishing in LM and thought I could just show up as in the past and go fishing the next day. Wrong. LM was DEAD. Like a ghost town. Everything locked down. Whales tail Inn closed:no:! Probably my fault for not making contact/res.

Oh well its Mexico adjust and move on. Spent a night in Loreto.Great as always! Asado Super Burro always delivers!

Now here in La Bocana. Blanca and Les are super cool. Had some damn fine lobster at Las Cabañas yesterday. Fishing the estero at campo Rene in the am. Lifes good.

Very nice. Jealous.

I haven't done the Naranjos trail yet. Been thinking about doing it soon. We have a 3/4 ton. I've heard it can be done with a full size.

Are you saying it's a no-go?

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 9-29-2020 at 09:23 PM
"Are you saying it's a no-go?"

I drove that road in an Isuzu Trooper from east to west in February, and unless things have changed this season, you would have no problem. The west slope was the only area that had some tight spots, but nothing that presented a challenge.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Cerxes23

[*] posted on 9-30-2020 at 11:40 AM

Thanks for the update on the current situation.
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2020 at 01:35 PM

Very nice. Jealous.

I haven't done the Naranjos trail yet. Been thinking about doing it soon. We have a 3/4 ton. I've heard it can be done with a full size.

Are you saying it's a no-go?

I think you´ll be ok in your truck. There are just a couple of spots that will be very tight. Might need a spotter?
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-30-2020 at 07:06 PM

I think you´ll be ok in your truck. There are just a couple of spots that will be very tight. Might need a spotter?

Good to hear. I really want to give it a go.

Probably one of 4 or 5 big trails we haven't conquered yet.

CasaMaximus
Banned

[*] posted on 10-9-2020 at 02:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  
My wife and I like to go to Todos Santos for a week in February, just late enough to be sick of the New England winter. We would normally start making our arrangements around now, but the virus - both here in the U.S. and in BCS - is making us lean toward not going. For every struggling business begging for tourists to visit, there are others begging us to stay home and not test the fragile health system. As it is, even in the relative safety of Cape Cod, ill-advised parties and large gatherings have caused sporadic outbreaks. For that reason, apart from regular dog walks, we only leave the house when we have to go shopping, or order the occasional take-out from restaurants that are trying to stay afloat. As disappointing as it will be to us personally to not visit next year, we want to be sensitive to both the expat and local communities until it's safe to do so.

Unless you have an underlying health issue, I would argue that you should go. Practice safe social distancing and you have little to fear for yourself or others. You will help ppl in need.

[Edited on 8-23-2020 by JZ]

What JZ said. Be safe use common sense and courtesy. I have stayed away as long as I can. My groundskeeper needs to be resupplied and every single person I have spoken to in Todos Santos wants (desperately needs) the business / work and infusion of dollars and pesos ahead of the season in order for there to be a season for them to have a next season.

[Edited on 10-9-2020 by CasaMaximus]
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.