Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: 2020 Baja 500... MAP, Live video, Live Weatherman Radio
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 8-27-2020 at 09:47 PM

yes Enrique you must know Mexico very disorganized. Ahh but not when it comes to taking money.
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2020 at 01:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajatrailrider  
Mr. caj13 David does not race has no race truck. Take your problem to Score and the Mayor of Ensenada. They are all open ears David only reports . So take you fight to them

I was responding specifically to david and his lisyt of losses for the people of Baja! i was simply pointing out that the avoidable loss of a loved one MIGHT just be significant enough to make the list of "things lost"

I have no dog in whether the race goes or not, my issue is with those who are focused on personal wants and desires, and the horrible losses economically to the area! Yeah I get that,

Guess what economies recover - see 1918, 1929, 1987, 2008, etc for a list of those, On the other hand I know of only one unsubstantiated account of death being Not a permanent condition!

To simplify: I believe individuals lives are more important than economic profit of any venture - silly me!
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2020 at 03:03 PM

I get that your correct but if you know Mexico. it does not care I'm full timer. I ask all Mexicans all under 40 say it's for old people . they die anyway just just don't care. I control my 10 ft of space nothing I can to about the rest. I do agree with you they should not have it .I'm no one to judge im not Mexican.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 8-28-2020 at 06:06 PM

The Baja mil is only two months later. I wonder if the field of competitors will be much lower considering the enormous cost of competing in these races. If Roger doesn't continue, I wonder if another sanctioning group could swoop down and grab this race? It's going to be interesting to see how this develops.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2020 at 07:27 PM

Ken I know already 4 teams will not race this year. We will see what happens.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2020 at 07:35 PM

The COVID will disappear by race time. do Not worry/ Herd immunity!
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2020 at 09:08 PM

COVID-19 will not disappear this year. Even if a vaccine is available before the end of the year it takes time to manufacture enough to vaccinate the millions of people. Frankly I don't think there will be a Baja 500 or 1000 race this year and if there is it will most likely have the lowest turnout ever. But I could be wrong and when hundreds come out for the race and wind up in the hospital with the virus then so be it. GOD loves stupid people that's why he made so many.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 9-5-2020 at 09:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  

Its the New World Order πŸ˜‚. Gone in November. I have read these opinions on social media since March. Some guys are still pushing their theories, calling people "sheep", etc. This virus will one day become less of a problem and the race will continue.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-5-2020 at 09:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
COVID-19 will not disappear this year. Even if a vaccine is available before the end of the year it takes time to manufacture enough to vaccinate the millions of people. Frankly I don't think there will be a Baja 500 or 1000 race this year and if there is it will most likely have the lowest turnout ever. But I could be wrong and when hundreds come out for the race and wind up in the hospital with the virus then so be it. GOD loves stupid people that's why he made so many.

You gringos don’t have to worry much about covid-19, as you got med facilities, respirators, etc.
People in Mexico got like no respirators, no medicine, no money, and if they catch covid-19 they are probably going to flocking die.
But, I suppose it is important that potbellied trump voters get a chance to drive their silly machines in the desert, public health should not stand in the way of vacations and amusement for gringos, eh?

Woke!

β€œ...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” β€œMy fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-5-2020 at 11:11 PM

The drunk village idiot has spoken get sober . Then post chit for brains
mjs
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-6-2020 at 12:30 PM

It will certainly be less of an event this year. No events in town, and a fewer competitors. According to Score's website, this year there are 77 competitors and only 8 of those are moto entries with 2 quad entries. Last year there were 222 competitors, 41 in moto classes. No BFG pit support for racers.

I wonder if Score can even cover their costs at this point.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-6-2020 at 10:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mjs  
It will certainly be less of an event this year. No events in town, and a fewer competitors. According to Score's website, this year there are 77 competitors and only 8 of those are moto entries with 2 quad entries. Last year there were 222 competitors, 41 in moto classes. No BFG pit support for racers.

You are worried about score when many 10s of thousands of people have died from COVID-19 in Mexico?

Woke!

β€œ...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” β€œMy fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

mjs
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-7-2020 at 09:05 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by mjs  

You are worried about score when many 10s of thousands of people have died from COVID-19 in Mexico?

Being that this was a thread about a particular event in a forum about a specific topic, I simply posted a comment and rhetoric question on said event.

But, since you asked, no I'm not worried about Score. I don't really care if Score ever has another event. I perfer to to enjoy my off road 4x4 travel and riding without having to endure miles of whooped out race course.

If you knew me then you might have an idea of what I worry about. I do worry about the economy of the area that I have chosen to call home. And I recognize that these and other events have a huge impact on the local economy and the people who make a living directly and indirectly from them.

I also worry about the health of my neighbors. Maybe a bit less over the summer since many of the part time residents who feel/felt that Covid was a hoax have left for the summer. I worry a little less about my Mexican neighbor who has recovered from Covid and was helped when his gringo neighbor sourced an oxygen generator from the States so he could breathe.

And I worry about the state of the US political system. If you knew me you'd know that my political leanings are more to your side of the aisle than DK's. But I can respect DK's opinion even if I don't agree with it. And I respect his enthusiasm for
Baja and its inhabitants as well as his contributions to this site.

What have you actually contributed other than your personal bs?

Now, be a good little rooster vacuum and go copulate yourself somewhere else.
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2020 at 12:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by norte  

do a miniscule amount of research on this Herd immunity you are spouting on and on about. That way maybe you will see how ignorant that comment reallly is!
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2020 at 12:09 PM

More then that protect yourself don't believe fake news. As they change every week
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-24-2020 at 09:16 AM

With Cameron Steele, Andy McMillin, and other off-road racers taking a pass on going to Mexico just yet, Robby Gordon may be in the winners circle. He posted the fasted time in qualifying for starting position:

https://www.facebook.com/StadiumSuperTrucks/videos/831375907...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 9-24-2020 at 09:18 PM

Last week there was not much sign of race crews here in town. RM 5 is 2 blocks from my house and I've heard quite a few more pre runners running into the night as well as seeing a lot more chase trucks in town this week. Maybe 1/3 the activity of a regular SF 250.

I've got RM 5, 350 and 482 on power line road all within less than 4 miles of my house, sounds like a day of beer drinking hanging out in the desert watching race cars go by to me. The weather forecast is 93ΒΊ/77ΒΊ on Saturday too so not dangerous hot for everybody involved.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-25-2020 at 07:41 AM

Sounds great, Bajazly!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2020 at 07:55 AM

Live video coverage of the Baja 500 (starting line this morning): https://www.facebook.com/OfficialScoreInternational/

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 9-26-2020 at 10:31 AM

Live Weatherman Radio: https://mixlr.com/pci-weatherman?utm_source=new_broadcast_al...

3 Trophy Trucks going the wrong way at Mile 230!

Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.