BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Missing person in San Quintin, Baja - his late wife was my boss in La Jolla, Ca. UPDATE 1/26
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2020 at 07:16 PM
Missing person in San Quintin, Baja - his late wife was my boss in La Jolla, Ca. UPDATE 1/26

From the Mulege News which I just joined a day or so ago....what do I see but my late boss's husband who is missing in Baja. He is traveling with Kathy, his new partner.

I hope they are on a beach somewhere and just off the grid.

Nini was his wife and my boss. An amazing woman whom I miss so much. Ian has had a house near San Quintin for over 40 years. She went often until she passed away.

VEHICLE INFO: Navy blue Toyota Land Cruiser 1996

Please keep an eye out for them! Ian is from South Africa originally and his late wife, my boss, was Dutch.

Please keep an eye out amigos. Let's find them.

https://www.facebook.com/guerrerodesal/posts/177670065581152...

Guerrerodesal
6h ·
Familiares buscan a pareja de Estadounidenses están en calidad de desaparecidos
#Anexamos Buen día, se solicita de su ayuda para localizar a Ian Herschon de 75 años y a su actual pareja Kathy, ellos tienen casa en el Socorrito y vienen de vacaciones cada cierto tiempo, pero desde el Viernes pasado ya no se supo nada, ellos gustan de practicar Kayak.
Ya se corroboro en su casa de San Diego y no se encuentran.
Ellos viajaban en una Toyota Land Cruiser Azul Marino 1996 laminados VIN # JT3HJ85J3TO144912
Informes en los siguientes teléfonos 6161052911 ó 6161114805

[Edited on 1-29-2021 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-1-2020 at 08:27 PM

Ian and new partner, Kathy

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
wilderone
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2020 at 08:51 AM

What are the "missing" details? Expected back but didn't show? Where might they be?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2020 at 09:00 AM

When I saw the original post, I was kind of surprised that Ian's daughter had not contacted me, nor Lindsay who lived in Mulege for years.

I wrote to Lindsay who called Ava (the daughter) and lo and behold, Ava did NOT even know her dad was missing! It was the caretaker of the El Socorrito house who notified police and did not have contact info for Ava or her brother.

Now, everyone is aware and we have more info:

Missing since Saturday in the San Quintin/Rancho Los Pinos/El Socorrito area of Baja:
Ian Hirschsohn (age 77) elderly white male approximately 6 ft tall, 190 lbs
Kathy Harvey (age 74) elderly white female approximately 5’6”, 130 lbs
Last seen traveling together in a navy blue Toyota Land Cruiser with California plates 4CVJ315
Any information on their whereabouts, please contact me immediately at 503-688-8581
Edit: my dad Ian has a house in El Socorrito and is a seasoned veteran of Baja travel since purchasing the house in ‘85 - he was staying at the house and the community is the first to report him missing not me. He was due back to the USA on 8/31 and border reports he has not crossed back.

Come visit La Bocana

tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2020 at 10:13 AM

Like you said Blanca I hope he is sittin on a beautiful beach w/o any cell signals. It seems one place where many have turned up is Agua Verde! Good reason to leave note/tell a friend where you're off to. Hoping for the best!
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2020 at 12:55 PM

So, he told a neighbor that he was headed back to the States last Sunday. So, the location to keep an eye out is between San Quintin and border BUT HE LEFT HIS COMPUTER in San Quintin....charging. The passports are not there. Kitchen is spotless.

This is now getting worse and weirder by the minute.

Come visit La Bocana

norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2020 at 06:03 PM

Lots of people reported missing right now in Baja. Take care for those that go.
lindsay
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2020 at 08:11 PM

Thanks Blanca and everyone who is helping Ava with the search for Ian and his partner, Kathy. All your support is very appreciated during this stressful time and sending positive thoughts and prayers for them to be found safe.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-2-2020 at 08:25 PM

Here is a photo of the car. Pretty unique with the kayaks on it.

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2020 at 07:00 PM

No News and that is not good news.

Very disheartening. doc reys firefighter friend and now Ian.

Come visit La Bocana

Sparetimewanted
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2020 at 07:13 PM
Missing couple-David K may be able to help?

It was reported on Talk Baja (FB) that they may have gone to see a "petrified forest (rocks) or a mine. If anyone knows anything about those locations or if anyone can check it may be helpful.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2020 at 07:36 PM

I asked DK about this and he says the area west of El Rosario is referred to as the petrified forest.

Maybe we can get Antonio from Baja Cactus to get some one to check around???? What is his nomad name, does anyone know?

Any other suggestions???

I also wrote to Ava, the daughter. I think that a reward for information should be offered.

Come visit La Bocana

BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-3-2020 at 10:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  

Maybe we can get Antonio from Baja Cactus to get some one to check around???? What is his nomad name, does anyone know?

Blanca it is BajaCactus
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2020 at 07:00 AM

I am surprised more people on this forum are not jumping up to help. I thought this was the premier site for Baja. Help find these people.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-4-2020 at 09:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
I asked DK about this and he says the area west of El Rosario is referred to as the petrified forest.

Any other suggestions???

I also wrote to Ava, the daughter. I think that a reward for information should be offered.

I will send a message to Antonio via Isela (the motel manager) and I will email Ed Lusk of Baja's Best Bed & Breakfast (El Rosario).

[Edited on 9-4-2020 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 9-4-2020 at 01:27 PM

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/local/san-diego-couple-mis...

:(
Skully
Junior Nomad

Mood: Bloody Mary

[*] posted on 9-4-2020 at 01:49 PM

Very sad. And very unfortunate.

My condolences to the family.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2020 at 01:54 PM

Oh my God.

Oh.

My.

God.

My worst nightmare.

Come visit La Bocana

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2020 at 04:09 PM

Wow, what a tragic ending to the search. My condolences to family and friends of this couple. You just never know.

John
CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-4-2020 at 05:03 PM

So very sad … Our condolences .. L&T

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.