Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Good news from La Paz
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2020 at 07:15 AM
Good news from La Paz

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/destinations/la-paz-beaches...

[Edited on 9-9-2020 by chippy]
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2020 at 07:39 AM

Great news.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2020 at 08:06 AM

It will be interesting watching the infection rate numbers over the next month or so. Any increase will probably be caused by the additional beach goers stopping by the bars and restaurants looking for shade and a cold beer.

More people, more infection. It's almost inevitable.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 9-9-2020 at 08:16 AM

Meanwhile, the reality is the opening was catastrophic. People being people they overwhelmed the entries and the result was disastrous. The people that write this crap are paid to spread lies by those set to gain by ignoring the truth. Don't come to La Paz expecting to go to the beach.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2020 at 12:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by weebray  
Meanwhile, the reality is the opening was catastrophic. People being people they overwhelmed the entries and the result was disastrous. The people that write this crap are paid to spread lies by those set to gain by ignoring the truth. Don't come to La Paz expecting to go to the beach.

Truth? The "we're all gonna die" crowd is something else.

Here is your truth. You can send your kids back to school

https://twitter.com/kerpen/status/1303505684550610944?s=20

"Cherokee County, Georgia 5 weeks into full-time school at 3 feet distance, masks optional. (The hallway!!!!)

35 of their 62 active cases as of Friday rolled off today.

So going into today they had 27 active cases out of 42,200 students and 4,800 staff."

[Edited on 9-9-2020 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2020 at 03:01 PM

Stirring it up, Amigo? Setting the trap for those who don't believe....This article is pure Tourist $$$ calling out to the ignorant masses. Our numbers are still up! BS
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-9-2020 at 08:17 PM

Freaking embarrassing posts about LP. One from a travelogue (look -- we're taking precautions! Come on down!). ''You can send your kids back to school.'' JZ quoting twitter?

You've got to be kidding!:bounce:

Another. Sunshine will help you avoid the virus. Didn't the WH start that rumor?

If you're going to believe what you read here, pay attention to tiotomas and weebray, locals full timing in La Paz and Pescadero.

Geeze.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2020 at 05:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Freaking embarrassing posts about LP. One from a travelogue (look -- we're taking precautions! Come on down!). ''You can send your kids back to school.'' JZ quoting twitter?

You've got to be kidding!:bounce:

Another. Sunshine will help you avoid the virus. Didn't the WH start that rumor?

If you're going to believe what you read here, pay attention to tiotomas and weebray, locals full timing in La Paz and Pescadero.

Geeze.

Yep... listen to bloviating 'locals' with resources to sit in their home and grow fat.

Is that how this goes? Just rely on BN squatters as experts on the mood of the people they live among? What of the nationalists who are begging for the return of tourists (The Yucatan is re-opening and lamenting the loss of tourism - just do some diligence and research, even YouTube if you can't read).

Is the science that shows evidence of harm done by the lock down, less valued than that which supports your own opinion? And that harm extends to places where you may not be experiencing it.
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 9-10-2020 at 08:00 AM

I guess that just proves you can bloviate and get fat in SD too. Meanwhile, please just stay where you are for awhile longer. Patience is a hard lesson for gabachos. I'm still in training.

Every beautiful beach in the world needs a few condo towers - NOT.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2020 at 10:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by SFandH  
It will be interesting watching the infection rate numbers over the next month or so. Any increase will probably be caused by the additional beach goers stopping by the bars and restaurants looking for shade and a cold beer.

More people, more infection. It's almost inevitable.

Over the last month...the beaches were incredibly crowded (heat escape) on all San Diego beaches. We would take a chance on a weekday to go to the beach and it was crowded everywhere then also.

Yep, some students at SDSU tested positive when returning to school during that time. A whole lot more were not positive. Nice to know who's positive maybe, but has not translated in to 'need for care' cases. One major hospital (the only one I know of first hand) has NO covid patients. No, I can't speak about the others, but this unit was a front line unit.

As well all of the trails and associated parking areas for access to the parks were full, we know because we live in the area.

The restaurants we visit for varying meals are all active. Although they all expressed they could handle much more.

Stores are packed as usual.

Yet, with slight up ticks and down also, there is no great rise in numbers. In fact our city is doing just fine except for the lefty governor and his cohorts moving the 'goal post' on a bi-weekly basis.

No bloviating... just another trip (through life) report.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2020 at 03:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by paranewbi  

Yet, with slight up ticks and down also, there is no great rise in numbers. In fact our city is doing just fine except for the lefty governor and his cohorts moving the 'goal post' on a bi-weekly basis.

That's a great report. Things are looking up in your part of the world. Though I'm reserving judgment, you could be way ahead of the curve. Nothing wrong with that.

I have no dog in the virus fight. Wear a mask or not. I don't have all the answers. I do object to anyone making it sound like there's no pandemic and the hoopla is a lib political tactic.

Everyone NOB and SOB wants to see things back to normal. Rushing that along is foolish, in my opinion. Casting aspirsions at locals in La Paz who live in a community you know nothing about, though, is myopic.

Tell me you're more than an angry conservative christian? Try praying before you post your right wing diatribe.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-10-2020 at 06:03 PM

That's a great report. Things are looking up in your part of the world. Though I'm reserving judgment, you could be way ahead of the curve. Nothing wrong with that.

I have no dog in the virus fight. Wear a mask or not. I don't have all the answers. I do object to anyone making it sound like there's no pandemic and the hoopla is a lib political tactic.

Everyone NOB and SOB wants to see things back to normal. Rushing that along is foolish, in my opinion. Casting aspirsions at locals in La Paz who live in a community you know nothing about, though, is myopic.

Tell me you're more than an angry conservative christian? Try praying before you post your right wing diatribe.

AH, lean on the old religious thing Lee? Tell me what do you know about God? Less about whats going on in those parts of the world "locals" know everything about?

No agendas there? No ability to grasp what starvation, poverty, in-accessibility to advancement is all about? Lock-em down is the mantra... I say turn the electricity and gas off to all the 'locals' (aka, gringos) who advocate less is more. See who lies in a fetal position and protests.

Oh, and of course don't look to the God whom most of the real locals seem to bend a knee to.

Do this Lee; Hold your hand up in front of your face. That is where the 'average persons intelligence lies'. Those to the left of your hand are below that, those to the right are above that. That's why where your hand is, is called the average mark.

That means fifty percent are below average...to the left Lee :O
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-10-2020 at 07:08 PM

AH, lean on the old religious thing Lee? Tell me what do you know about God? Less about whats going on in those parts of the world "locals" know everything about?

No agendas there? No ability to grasp what starvation, poverty, in-accessibility to advancement is all about? Lock-em down is the mantra... I say turn the electricity and gas off to all the 'locals' (aka, gringos) who advocate less is more. See who lies in a fetal position and protests.

Oh, and of course don't look to the God whom most of the real locals seem to bend a knee to.

Do this Lee; Hold your hand up in front of your face. That is where the 'average persons intelligence lies'. Those to the left of your hand are below that, those to the right are above that. That's why where your hand is, is called the average mark.

Para-santuckian:
Why are you Pooh-poohing the risk? You are an old man, and in high risk group. You get a dose of the covid, you have significant probability of pushing up daisies!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2020 at 07:36 AM

[

Is the science that shows evidence of harm done by the lock down, less valued than that which supports your own opinion? And that harm extends to places where you may not be experiencing it.

You have any of that science Para? I mean real science, not some clickbait headlines you pulled from your rightwing conspiracy blogs that you don't bother to read?

lets see some actual science on the lockdown harm, and then we will compare it to the real damage being done by the virus - using real numbers, verified, with real scientific research and statistics and all that cool stuff!

appraoaching 200,000 people derad. innumerable people who now have long term health issues, and you want all of that to go away so your orange overlord can continue on!

funny how you claim to believe science, yet you completely ignore or poo poo the real science, and immerse yourself in the crystal licking subburning your taint clorox c-cktail drinking oleander eating 'fringe"
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2020 at 07:51 AM

Bahahahahaaaa! so para writes this spectacularly ignorant rant

"Yet, with slight up ticks and down also, there is no great rise in numbers. In fact our city is doing just fine except for the lefty governor and his cohorts moving the 'goal post' on a bi-weekly basis."

Hey Para, stop and think for one minute. Is there any way possible that your city is "doing OK" precisely because of actions implemented by that democratic governor? any Moving goalposts every 2 weeks - that could never be because the data change - right?

thanks for pooping you own pants in public Para, it was a much needed laugh!
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2020 at 08:12 AM

I believe that is the "median" not the "average." But, I'm just another heretic.

https://www.mathsisfun.com/definitions/median.html

John
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-11-2020 at 10:58 AM

Yet, with slight up ticks and down also, there is no great rise in numbers. In fact our city is doing just fine ......

For those interested in facts and not someone's opinion, here's the story for San Diego County:

https://www.kpbs.org/news/2020/sep/10/sd-county-284-new-covi...

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 9-11-2020 at 11:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

I believe that is the "median" not the "average." But, I'm just another heretic.

https://www.mathsisfun.com/definitions/median.html

John

Left and right, and para-santuckian's IQ test....
Mean is the average (sum divided by n). The median is the mid-point of the frequency distribution. The IQ value of 100 is the mean of the population set.
Studies have shown that people who tend to hold more conservative views score low on measures of intelligence. Conservatism and intelligence are negatively correlated.
The liberals are the smartest people in the room! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 9-11-2020 at 12:47 PM

ahh but not a drunken fool scared to leave the house . ops I stand corrected drunken fool smart to stay in house
paranewbi
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-12-2020 at 05:41 AM

Waited until you all ran out of breath, now;

For Mr. Harper-
"Average"...
1. Mathematics
a. A number that typifies a set of numbers of which it is a function.
b. See arithmetic mean.
a. An intermediate level or degree: near the average in size.

Tried to keep it simple for the left side of the 'average' John.

For Caj 13 -
San Diego has a Republican Mayor that did the opposite of what the Democratic Governor decided and opened up more businesses earlier than the other Democratic Mayors. He will be the next Governor of California.

For Goat-man
My Friend backed over his Goat TWICE! on his ranch. The Goat still naps at the lower crest of his driveway...with only one (half) of a horn still there. Everyone shakes their head when they walk by his driveway.... hint, hint.

For SF and H
Thanks for the link...seems to suggest exactly what I pointed out in my post.

I know few of you take the chance of observing viewpoints and statistics that oppose your panty held notions of truth...and I won't do the work for you. We live in a time of great access to information and if your to weak to increase the parameters of your knowledge, then entertain yourselves with references to Scatology (a science you seem to refer to a lot).
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.