BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Paying FMM online??
Vacation2baja

[*] posted on 10-5-2020 at 03:34 PM
Paying FMM online??

Does anyone know how to pay for the FMM online?
I filled out the online form and received an email with a file number. and the following "Once we have confirmed your payment, you can download your Forma Migratoria Multiple "
also I'm leaving on Friday.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-5-2020 at 04:17 PM

You do know that even if you pay for it online, you still have to stop at the border to get it validated. It is useless unless stamped at the border. Might as well just get it at the same time... so much easier.

[Edited on 10-6-2020 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

2lazy2

[*] posted on 10-5-2020 at 07:02 PM

Everyone says that but a few years ago when I crossed at Tecate the bank at the border was closed and I had to go downtown to pay and then come back for the stamp. The wait at the bank was 30+ minutes. I would pay online.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2020 at 07:54 PM

I agree, better to do both at the same time. Bank is real close to where you get stamped - lots of progress in the last couple years.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2020 at 08:10 PM

Last summer I bought it online, but it would not let me print it. Every time I tried, it gave a message saying that it wasn't approved yet. I was able to print my receipt which was accepted at the border and I was issued my 180 day FMM. The next two times were taken care of at the border. Easy peezy!
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
10-5-2020 at 09:00 PM
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-5-2020 at 09:23 PM

Make sure you print out the payment receipt. I got the shaft last week. They said I needed the copy of the payment. I explained you can't print out the FMM without paying first. I even showed the payment on my CC. But they said no receipt, no deal.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2020 at 07:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by 2lazy2  
Everyone says that but a few years ago when I crossed at Tecate the bank at the border was closed and I had to go downtown to pay and then come back for the stamp. The wait at the bank was 30+ minutes. I would pay online.

As part of my research for the guide, I asked the INM officer at Tecate what about when that bank kiosk outside is closed... He pulled open a drawer to show me his cash box and said that you can pay him when the bank is closed. This was the case at Mexicali, as well.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 10-6-2020 at 07:36 AM

That was my experience at Mexicali west just before they moved to the new facility. The agent looked at my passport, filled out the form for me, then accepted my money and stamped it, all in one process.

Be sure to have pesos to pay with before you get there. They may take dollars (I never asked) but having coin of the realm is one less hurdle to jump.

[Edited on 10-6-2020 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2020 at 08:03 AM

My Friend at Mexicali east just walked up to the desk got the FMM and paid at the same counter with CC. No Bank involved.
Why bother with prepaid?
bajafreaks
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days !!!

[*] posted on 10-6-2020 at 04:18 PM

If you do it online I believe you have a short window of time to actually get it stamped when crossing or its void anyway and your out the fee you prepaid and have to do it all over again.
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 10-6-2020 at 04:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajafreaks  
If you do it online I believe you have a short window of time to actually get it stamped when crossing or its void anyway and your out the fee you prepaid and have to do it all over again.

30 days

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 10-6-2020 at 04:39 PM

You also must pre-choose which border you will use when buying it online or at a club.
There may be a traffic or political incidents that forces you to use another crossing, then your pre-paid FMM was a waste of money.
Just get it at the border INM desk where you must stop to validate it, anyway.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.