BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Getting a Residente Permanente card???
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2020 at 05:46 PM
Getting a Residente Permanente card???

My Mom is moving here and I want her to get her Residente Permanente card.

It has been so many years since we got ours and now we are citizens....I need info please!

what do I do?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-9-2020 at 06:01 PM

If I were you I would ask a Mexican immigration official. Maybe in Guerrero Negro, for sure there is an office in Santa Rosalia. There may be a special procedure for her since you are a citizen. Normally the process starts at a Mexican Consulate in the US but maybe not for her since she is immediate family of a citizen.

A consultation with a Mexican immigration attorney would be worth it.

Perhaps: https://www.facebook.com/bajaexpatservices/

or

https://www.facebook.com/DoblenacionalidadApostillaVisaSentr...

[Edited on 10-10-2020 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
pacificobob
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 10-10-2020 at 06:06 AM

there are agents who do this service. we used one in CSL. super easy. and not expensive. they know the players and make it happen. one look at an immigration office waiting room and the bored gringos make their reasonable fees a no-brainer.
ch47pilot
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2020 at 07:10 AM
Residencia Perm.

Pacifico, who did you use in CSL ?
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 10-10-2020 at 08:15 AM

Around 5+? Years ago I used Eddie Beauline, an attorney out of La Paz. He is fluent in English. He took charge of the whole process and we were very pleased with his results. Very professional.

It wasn’t that much money for his services and he even traveled to Loreto to do his magic with immigration.

044 612 3489793
044 612 1367751

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2020 at 09:41 AM

Thanks all! I never thought about it being a different process since her daughter is Mexicana....yowza!

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2020 at 09:55 AM

The INM agents as well as expediters in Mexico are unfamiliar with the process to begin, because, in general, to change status, foreigners must begin in their home Mexican consulate. In general an expeditor is of no help, and will charge money for actions that must be completed by the individual anyway, there is nothing an expeditor can do to expedite or help other than hold your hand while you take the steps required.

Blanca's Mom may be in a different situation since she is related to citizens and may be able to begin within Country.

https://www.gob.mx/tramites/ficha/cambio-a-residente-permane...

You may read about qualifications for PR by reading the requirements and reviewing others recent experience, which varies by region.

https://consulmex.sre.gob.mx/phoenix/images/visas/permanentr...

https://www.gob.mx/tramites

https://www.gob.mx/busqueda?utf8=✓&q=residente+permane...

https://www.yucatanexpatriateservices.com/resident-services/...

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2020 at 10:16 AM

I just wrote to the amazing fantastic incredible attorney we used in Mexico City to ask what the procedure is.

I will keep you all posted.

Come visit La Bocana

BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2020 at 10:33 AM

I just emailed my attorney in La Paz and asked him the same questions. Our scenarios are similar, in that my daughters are Mexicanas, but I am only applying for the temp residence.

I will post the results when I hear back from him.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 10-10-2020 at 11:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ch47pilot  
Pacifico, who did you use in CSL ?

mexicopaperworks.com. the first step takes place in the Mexican consulate in the states assuming you are from the US...the second phase happens in Mexico.

[Edited on 10-10-2020 by pacificobob]
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 10-10-2020 at 03:43 PM

Hola Blanca!

The easy way out is to use Lic. Hurtado out of Ensenada. My sister used him a few years ago and the process was time consuming but can be accomplished in less than a year through him.

Here is what I went through 8 years ago and nothing has changed since:

The first step is to start at the Mexican consulate where your mom lives. Make an appointment for the starting process. She will need two passport photos and start the application process there. There is a considerable amount of paperwork involved. There is a minimum income required, which recently has been raised. I believe now there is a minimum income of around $2,800. It used to be $2,200 USD. Counted in that incme can be interest from savings and investments. Additionally, there was a minimum amount required in a savings or IRA of $50,000 USD.The consulate is going to need to see original documentation of the funding involved.
Once all the above has been completed, the Mexican consulate will give her a 2"X3" conditional aproval sticker on her current US passport.
Once the sticker is applied, she has 30 days to complete the process within Mexico's borders.
In my instance, we applied at the Guerrero Negro immigration office with an appointment, because they are not always at the office. It is located exactly where they spray booth is at the North/South 28th parallel.
However, before going to the office, she will need a free 30 day "CANJE" tourist visa which will be turned in at the immigration office.
BUT...before starting the paperwork at the INM in Guerrero Negro, she will need two additional things: 2 sets of photos. One in passport size. and the second one in "INFANTIL" size. They need to be turned in at the time she fills out the paperwork. ALSO, needed is a short letter from her in Spanish (this needs to be some sort of narrative about you living in Baja and she wants to keep the family intact and therefore she wants to move there, or something to that effect).
Once the paperwork at immingration is completed (INM will forward everything to DF in Mexico city), there will a a 4-8 week waiting period while the INM in DF handles everything. They will then mail the card to the GN INM office. The office will call you to let you know that the card is in and she needs to sign it.

One more bit of hassle to throw in. Once she receives the sticker on her passport, she has 30 days (no grace period) to complete the process in GN INM.
Additionally, she can not fly or drive out of the country until she receives the PR card. If cought going out of the country during that period, the application is null and void!

I have written this three times on Facebook, and I am only writing this again because it is you, Blanca. On FB I normally tell people to search in the FB page files. It is very time consuming to put this together.

I am glad your mom is coming here. I know my mom would have done it also once my sister came down, but she passed away before my sister moved here.

Contact me on FB if you have any further questions.

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
My Mom is moving here and I want her to get her Residente Permanente card.

It has been so many years since we got ours and now we are citizens....I need info please!

what do I do?

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-10-2020 at 09:38 PM

Udo, you are entirely wrong. You have outlined the procedure for someone who is applying for residency who doesn't have a close family member who is a Mexican citizen. The OP is a Mexican citizen- she can sponsor her mother, and that's done from inside Mexico. Those financial requirements aren't necessary.

I don't know all the ins and outs of it, but the process you describe doesn't apply in the OP's situation.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 10-11-2020 at 09:05 AM

I was not aware that Les and Blanca are Mexican citizens. Of course I am wrong.

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Udo, you are entirely wrong. You have outlined the procedure for someone who is applying for residency who doesn't have a close family member who is a Mexican citizen. The OP is a Mexican citizen- she can sponsor her mother, and that's done from inside Mexico. Those financial requirements aren't necessary.

I don't know all the ins and outs of it, but the process you describe doesn't apply in the OP's situation.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-11-2020 at 09:13 AM

Blanca is a citizen of the world! ;)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 10-11-2020 at 12:44 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Blanca is a citizen of the world! ;)

I guess I will have to settle for just "master of my own domain".....me and George Costanza!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2020 at 06:37 PM

I just wrote to the amazing fantastic incredible attorney we used in Mexico City to ask what the procedure is.

Blanca, Odd that you are a "teacher" in Mexico who is apparently fluent in Spanish but can't or won't go to the INM site and read the well documented process for step by step that applies to your Mother and/or contact INM in DF and ask?

This is a consistent example of your requests asking for help $$$ versus teaching your students to do the work, go out and do things for themselves? Seems like this is an opportunity for you to learn, document and share with others how to use the internet to search, read, research and learn and document the process. No lawyer is needed, nor asking, when everything is clearly documented and INM provides access to ask questions both in English and Spanish?

It is incumbent on you to learn to use resources and share that with others.
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 10-11-2020 at 07:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  

Blanca, Odd that you are a "teacher" in Mexico who is apparently fluent in Spanish but can't or won't go to the INM site and read the well documented process for step by step that applies to your Mother and/or contact INM in DF and ask?

This is a consistent example of your requests asking for help $$$ versus teaching your students to do the work, go out and do things for themselves? Seems like this is an opportunity for you to learn, document and share with others how to use the internet to search, read, research and learn and document the process. No lawyer is needed, nor asking, when everything is clearly documented and INM provides access to ask questions both in English and Spanish?

It is incumbent on you to learn to use resources and share that with others.

just curious.......how much of the chit you post here couldn't be found with a simple google search? yet it doesn't seem to slow you down?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2020 at 08:33 PM

I always prefer to ask here. It seems that laws change all the time and i wanted to know the nitty gritty, from the horse's mouth. I have been extremely busy with Mom and family issues.

Udo, thanks so much for posting all the info!

gnukid, my kids' job is to get straight A's in high school and the highest grade possible in college. To get an internship and get a job at a great company. To become 100% independent.

My choice to do it this way. Your choice to support me or not but please do not rain on my parade!

del mar, how much do I owe you? LOL Just kidding! but I will happily make you a delicious cup of coffee if you visit us!

Come visit La Bocana

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2020 at 10:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Udo  
I was not aware that Les and Blanca are Mexican citizens. Of course I am wrong.

Well, she stated that she was a Mexican citizen in one of her posts on her thread here. So not being aware was a failure to read what was written before posting.

But the lengthy post you wrote on the process for someone who doesn't have Mexican family would be good info for most people who wanted to apply for residency, just not applicable in this case.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2020 at 10:38 PM

I always prefer to ask here. It seems that laws change all the time and i wanted to know the nitty gritty, from the horse's mouth.

The INM website is actually the nitty gritty and the "horse's mouth",as far as the current laws, Blanca, not answers from posters on a internet forum.

And it wouldn't really take any longer to go to the INM website and read the applicable laws and procedures for getting your mom her PR, than it does to post on the forum. Although I can relate to that seeming easier and less time consuming just because it's something you are used to.

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.