BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Getting a Residente Permanente card???
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 10-12-2020 at 09:14 AM

I see the Facebook mentality is alive and well here!:bounce:

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
I always prefer to ask here. It seems that laws change all the time and i wanted to know the nitty gritty, from the horse's mouth.

The INM website is actually the nitty gritty and the "horse's mouth",as far as the current laws, Blanca, not answers from posters on a internet forum.

And it wouldn't really take any longer to go to the INM website and read the applicable laws and procedures for getting your mom her PR, than it does to post on the forum. Although I can relate to that seeming easier and less time consuming just because it's something you are used to.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2020 at 05:24 PM

From an immigration attorney (Salvador Ramirez Cosio) in La Paz:
In my particular case of being the father to two Mexican daughters, the attorney can do everything in La Paz without me going to a consulate in the US. I originally had planned on doing temporary, but he told me that my case is different and I can get Permanent and I am not bound to any time frames in, or out of the country. No minimum or maximum stays in Mexico. No renewals necessary for life.
His fee is $200 USD + the immigration fee of $7000 pesos, so a total of about $550 USD.
Next trip down we will meet in his office and start the process. Hope this helps!
surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 10-12-2020 at 07:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaParrothead  
From an immigration attorney (Salvador Ramirez Cosio) in La Paz:
In my particular case of being the father to two Mexican daughters, the attorney can do everything in La Paz without me going to a consulate in the US. I originally had planned on doing temporary, but he told me that my case is different and I can get Permanent and I am not bound to any time frames in, or out of the country. No minimum or maximum stays in Mexico. No renewals necessary for life.
His fee is $200 USD + the immigration fee of $7000 pesos, so a total of about $550 USD.
Next trip down we will meet in his office and start the process. Hope this helps!

You can also go to INM and do the whole process for yourself. Maybe you'd rather pay someone $200 to do it for you (although you'll still have to go to the office to do fingerprints, etc), which is a personal choice, but it isn't something for which you need to hire a lawyer.

And permanente status doesn't have requirements for time in or out of the country, and doesn't require renewals, regardless of whether one obtains it in-country because they have Mexican family, or obtains it by applying through a Mexican consulate. It also means you can legally work in Mexico if you were so inclined.

CasaMaximus
Banned

[*] posted on 10-12-2020 at 08:41 PM

The consulates are not processing these last I checked. We meet ALL the requirements for residency and live here 16 weeks a year now and our consulate will not even consider processing our applications.

Buena Suerte.
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-13-2020 at 06:32 AM

[/rquote]

You can also go to INM and do the whole process for yourself. Maybe you'd rather pay someone $200 to do it for you (although you'll still have to go to the office to do fingerprints, etc), which is a personal choice, but it isn't something for which you need to hire a lawyer.

And permanente status doesn't have requirements for time in or out of the country, and doesn't require renewals, regardless of whether one obtains it in-country because they have Mexican family, or obtains it by applying through a Mexican consulate. It also means you can legally work in Mexico if you were so inclined.
[/rquote]

$200 is much cheaper for me rather than take a day off work and drive 6 hours round trip to the nearest consulate. Easier to do it the next time I'm in La Paz.
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 10-13-2020 at 02:07 PM

My understanding is, first she contacts the Mexican conciliate in the USA to get the process underway. The process is started in the USA at the consulate but finished in Mexico. First she will get a temporary residency, then a permanent residency. She will have to demonstrate a monthly income that would support her in Mexico, which I'm sure will not be a problem. I don't know that lawyers are necessary, mi suegro did it through the immigration office in Santa Rosalia.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.