BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8
Author: Subject: WHO begs world leaders to stop using lockdowns to control virus
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2020 at 11:23 AM

Hey Cliffy,
In response toy your post: can I ask you a question?

what number of deaths is acceptable to you? What's the number that you think is unacceptable? obviously not 250K, you have no issue with that.
500K?
a million?

whats the upper limit of acceptable deaths?

and one more thing, I am assuming you include yourself as one of those acceptable deaths - right?
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2020 at 12:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  
Hey Cliffy,

what number of deaths is acceptable to you? What's the number that you think is unacceptable? obviously not 250K, you have no issue with that.
500K?
a million?

and one more thing, I am assuming you include yourself as one of those acceptable deaths - right?

What number would have died anyway?

What number is acceptable to you to lose everything they have? 10M? 20M? 40M?

What number is acceptable to you to have serious mental health and/or substance issues? 5M? 10M?

What number of kids is acceptable to have their futures ruined? 20M? 40M?

Or are you getting a govt. check every month, so you don't give a crap? Just don't get me sick?

[Edited on 10-19-2020 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2020 at 12:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Or are you getting a govt. check every month, so you don't give a crap?

Have you paid back that PPP loan you got? Or did the US taxpayers cover it?

Asking for a friend.

John
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2020 at 12:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  
Hey Cliffy,

500K?
a million?

What number would have died anyway?

What number is acceptable to you to lose everything they have? 5M? 10M? 20M?

What number is acceptable to you to have serious mental health and/or substance issues? 3M? 5M?

What number of kids is acceptable to have their futures ruined? 20M? 40M?

Or are you getting a govt. check every month, so you don't give a crap? Just don't get me sick?

So my understanding is you are the one getting the government checks JZ - not me, I'm the idiot still paying my taxes so people like you get the checks - you ought to be thanking me!

actually studies are quite clear, the number dead because of the uSA/ trump denial / non reaction/ stopping testing is quite high, best SCIENTIFIC /MATHMATICAL models say more that 100K would still be alive. But thats just math and science - we all know how you choose ti ignore that!

as for your economic concerns - Have you ever - at any time in your life actually read any kind of History book? I assume you would be aware of numerous previous economic disasters - 1918, 1929, 1987, 2008 - and what happened to the economy after those disasters JZ? Do you have any idea?

and where's your science and basis for your mental health & childrens claims - other that right-wing websites spewing Russian propaganda and conspiracy theories?

No wonder you couldn't pass the BAR, The complete lack of ability to form cognizant arguments backed by real facts and figures would certainly be a significant hindrance to a lawyer - right.

So I assume you would be just fine with you dying next month, so the local Taco shop could seat more that 50% capacity. Because i would be all for that, trading your life so the taco shop could open back up!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2020 at 12:40 PM

Ok, so the answer is you don't give a chit about anyone else. Noted.

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2020 at 12:40 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

Or are you getting a govt. check every month, so you don't give a crap?

Have you paid back that PPP loan you got? Or did the US taxpayers cover it?

Asking for a friend.

John

Coming from the guy with a lifetime of sucking on the govt teet and actually thinks his government job was a really hard job.
:yawn:

[Edited on 10-19-2020 by Tioloco]
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 10-19-2020 at 03:16 PM
Expecting (Accepting) the Worst ?

Given that the current multi-states upward trend in COVID infections and hospitalizations is occurring while restrictions of varying degree are in place and even advocates of removing most (or all) restrictions acknowledge that those rates would increase substantially as a result .................... what would be the plan ?

There are already metro and rural areas in which the hospital capacity is nearing saturation and non-COVID cases are being turned away. At some point, long before any so-called "Herd Immunity" might take effect, it seems that the medical-care system would be completely overwhelmed.

What then ?
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2020 at 06:54 PM

Columbia University says 8M Americans slipped into poverty due to Covid lockdowns since May

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/8-million-americans-sli...

But the Coronabros on here tell ppl to stay at home while they have govt. checks mailed to them. Screw the ppl who need the economy to survive.

[Edited on 10-20-2020 by JZ]

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-19-2020 at 07:30 PM

Columbia says 8M Americans slip into poverty due to Covid lockdowns since May

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/8-million-americans-sli...

But the Coronabros on here tell ppl to stay at home while they have govt. checks mailed to them. Screw the ppl who need the economy to survive.

Should the poor be working frontline jobs serving the rich, and paying for it by dieing of covid? Or should rich be taxed to support the poor in time of national emergency?
Jizz: during this time of pandemic you seem to not work and spend most of your time on vacation, and collect government payments for supposed failing business,... seems like you could afford to pay some more taxes to support the poor, eh?
If you can afford to be on vacation 50% of the year, perhaps you don’t need govt bailout of your failing business.

At 5’1” do you shop for clothes in the men’s department or the boys section?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2020 at 07:40 PM

Well how many deaths are you comfortable with from medical malpractice? Is the following OK with you? Assuming you go to a doctor once in a while or maybe you don't get sick

The researchers estimated that an annual 251,454 U.S. deaths — or 9.5% of all annual U.S. deaths — resulted from medical error, making it the third leading cause of death in the country.Oct 18, 2019

Now should we shut down all hospitals and Dr offices until the numbers improve? Or do we seem to accept that there will be deaths incurred in medical treatment?

Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day. On average, smokers die 10 years earlier than nonsmokers.Mar 23, 2020

OK should we immediately stop all smoking to save the 41,000 second hand smoke deaths every year or do we just accept that some number will die every year from second hand smoke they have no control over and operate as normal? I'm discounting the 440,000 smokers who die every year because the made that choice.

How many CV deaths are YOU willing to accept in order to go back to normal living like we do with every other deadly disease because CV WILL NEVER REACH ZERO DEATHS FROM NOW ON-NEVER! There will always be people dying of CV.

YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT SOME NUMBER- WHAT IS IT?

Again, where is the tipping point between the disease and how we handle it with the ancillary very real risks?

What would you say to the single mother of 3 who only knows how to wait tables and is trying to keep her family feed while pious people (many with uninterrupted incomes) tell her she can't go to work BUT we can go the Costco and Walmart every day? We can go to Home Depot and shop, we can go many places that somehow are immune to the transmission of CV but we can't go back to normal living?

And yes I am in one of the high risk groups just like Trump- same age - same weight.

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2020 at 07:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Should the poor be working frontline jobs serving the rich, and paying for it by dieing of covid? Or should rich be taxed to support the poor in time of national emergency?
Jizz: during this time of pandemic you seem to not work and spend most of your time on vacation, and collect government payments for supposed failing business,... seems like you could afford to pay some more taxes to support the poor, eh?
If you can afford to be on vacation 50% of the year, perhaps you don’t need govt bailout of your failing business.

My kid is currently in quarantine in FL at her college. This is the sniffles for 99.985% of the young and healthy.

Protect the ones at risk who need to be sheltered from this very bad disease. Let the ones who can and need to work and live do so.

Stop using lock downs as 1) a political weapon (Goat/caj13) or because 2) you only care about yourself (Motoged/John Harper/Pacificobob).

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2020 at 08:04 PM

Excellent points Cliffy.

How many traffic deaths and long-term severe injuries can caj13 sleep good about at night. Because they can all be prevented if we want to.

"Approximately 1.35 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,700 people lose their lives every day on the roads. An additional 20-50 million suffer non-fatal injuries, often resulting in long-term disabilities."

In the end caj13 and goat don't give a chit about who dies, or who suffers because of lock-downs. They want the economy to tank.

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2020 at 10:20 PM

Excellent points Cliffy.

How many traffic deaths and long-term severe injuries can caj13 sleep good about at night. Because they can all be prevented if we want to.

"Approximately 1.35 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,700 people lose their lives every day on the roads. An additional 20-50 million suffer non-fatal injuries, often resulting in long-term disabilities."

In the end caj13 and goat don't give a chit about who dies, or who suffers because of lock-downs. They want the economy to tank.

You are correct. And dont forget the ones like John Harper who prefer the lockdown so they can get paid to stay home and avoid actually working for their pay. Clear to see their selfish reason for wanting the lockdown. They dont relate to those that dont earn money when they dont work. But sadly this is the reality we face. Self righteousness at its worst.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2020 at 07:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  
And dont forget the ones like John Harper who prefer the lockdown so they can get paid to stay home and avoid actually working for their pay.

I've been on campus all day, every day since the first day of school, August 25th. Not sure where you're getting your information. You're welcome to stop by and say hello.

I'm sorry you only earned a GED (or certificate?) and are bitter, but it's your own fault, not mine. Some of us are smart, resourceful, and hard working enough to be successful at two rewarding careers. I guess you're not one of them.

John

[Edited on 10-20-2020 by John Harper]
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2020 at 07:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
And dont forget the ones like John Harper who prefer the lockdown so they can get paid to stay home and avoid actually working for their pay.

I've been on campus all day, every day since the first day of school, August 25th. Not sure where you're getting your information. You're welcome to stop by and say hello.

I'm sorry you only earned a GED (or certificate?) and are bitter, but it's your own fault, not mine. Some of us are smart, resourceful, and hard working enough to be successful at two rewarding careers. I guess you're not one of them.

John

Haha! Not only an underpaid public servant... He is an unpaid comedian too. Glad you are so successful at both of those “careers”
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2020 at 08:55 AM

Haha! Not only an underpaid public servant... He is an unpaid comedian too. Glad you are so successful at both of those “careers”

Comedy would be a third career. But, if I can get a smile out of an old fart like you, I'm sure I'd succeed in that endeavor as well. Happy Halloween!

John

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2020 at 09:06 AM

"If your kid learned her poor hygiene from you, no wonder he/she got sick."

I love this one - A personal attack on a young kid as if any hygiene regime could completely stop the spread of ANY disease with the exception of complete sequestration from life. Get Real. When you run out of ideas you go to personal attacks. But then again that's who you are.

Why no mention of the fact that younger, healthy people don't get real sick from this virus. No discussion of the UCLA/Stanford study showing that only 6% of COVID deaths were actually attributable to COVID alone (@ 13,200). The 94% had numerous underlying heath issues that caused the decline to death NOT COVID alone. Protect the vulnerable as best as possible and go on with life. But some people are going to succumb to COVID, no way around it.

My question has always been - what's the end game? Do we shut down everything for the next 100 years and watch as people die from the ancillary effects of the shut down?

Tell me how long you would accept a complete shut down?
How long would you go without an income? (1/2 of all restaurants in NYC will never reopen. Most were single proprietor businesses with the owner having everything they own invested in the business. What do you tell them? Too bad, starve to death because I don't want you work at your business? OH but wait, you can go to Walmart if you want. )
Tell me your plan to reopen everything?
What is YOUR plan? Because-

COVID ain't going away and people have to live their lives somehow

SO instead of b-tching and moaning about others GIVE US YOUR PLAN

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2020 at 09:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Cliffy  

My question has always been - what's the end game? Do we shut down everything for the next 100 years and watch as people die from the ancillary effects of the shut down?

The end game is the election.

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2020 at 10:18 AM

Ok, so the answer is you don't give a chit about anyone else. Noted.

Your reading comprehension seems to be severely lacking JZ. Can I suggest tutor to get you up to a 8th grade comprehension level?
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2020 at 10:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

My kid is currently in quarantine in FL at her college. This is the sniffles for 99.985% of the young and healthy.

Protect the ones at risk who need to be sheltered from this very bad disease. Let the ones who can and need to work and live do so.

Stop using lock downs as 1) a political weapon (Goat/caj13) or because 2) you only care about yourself (Motoged/John Harper/Pacificobob).

Once again with the lockdowns? JZ what states are currently locked down? who is locked down, you keep spouting that, but I see no one "locked down". Can you give me an example of locked down ?

I do see positive test individuals quarantined - so is that who you are talking about as being locked down?
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.