Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: The latest word on Covid vacines from a trusted source
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 10-18-2020 at 10:01 PM
The latest word on Covid vacines from a trusted source

"This thing has unfortunately become political, as such companies like Pfizer who are in fact ready to go with an EAU (Emergency Use Authorization) are deferring this filing until after the election. Pfizer is likely to file next month and have enough vaccine manufactured by end of year to vaccinate ~20 million people with 2 does regimen. Who gets it? Healthcare workers and those at very high risk will be first in line.

In September a significant setback with the Astrazenaca vaccine occurred due to something called Transverse Myelitis which can cause paralysis in extremities and may not ever fully resolve. An AZN vaccine trial participant in the UK developed this condition which could have been vaccine related and it caused a halt in their PH3 trials worldwide, the AZN trials in the US are still halted but have resumed elsewhere. This was a major setback as this vaccine had the potential to have enough available for everyone in the US by end of year that will no longer be the case.

Additionally, the JNJ vaccine PH3 trials, which use the same MOA (Adenovirus ) as Astra also paused their PH3 trials due to a significant unexplained illness which is speculated as another case of Transverse Myelitis. In addition JNJ PH1 trail had a significant number of serious adverse events which were mostly grade 3 fevers (Above ~104 degrees)

OK, now for the good news, Novavax, Pfizer and Moderna should have enough vaccine available to vaccinate the entire US population by end of Q1 2021. I would take any of these right now without much concern, though Novavax is easily my favorite. It has the best safety profile of the PH3 and easily the best efficacy.

Down the line at end of 2021, love what I am seeing from Altimune (ALT) and its nasal vaccine. It targets the source of infection entry (nasal/lungs) vs systemic , no needles, can be stored and shipped at room temperature. Oh and most importantly it may invoke sterile immunity, which means it may be 100% effective at preventing infection and even prevent carrier transmission. (Widespread use of sterile immunity vaccine could lead to eradication)"

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 10-19-2020 at 03:04 AM

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on these different drug regimens and therapies.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2020 at 05:42 AM

"TRUSTED SOURCE " aysm?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-19-2020 at 06:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
"TRUSTED SOURCE " aysm?

He read it on the internet, it must be true!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2020 at 07:50 PM

You know, when you quote something, JZ, you're supposed to credit the source.

Since we know that most of your "trusted sources" are right wing sites that have been debunked for questionable or downright false information, I guess you don't dare say what this "trusted source" is.

And since you're obviously really distressed about the Americans who have slipped into poverty, maybe you should sell off some of your gasoline powered toys that you run around polluting the atmosphere with "having fun", and give up some of your seemingly endless vacations so you can financially assist some of these poverty stricken people you claim to care so much about.
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 10-19-2020 at 08:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

Since we know that most of your "trusted sources" are right wing sites that have been debunked for questionable or downright false information, I guess you don't dare say what this "trusted source" is.

And since you're obviously really distressed about the Americans who have slipped into poverty, maybe you should sell off some of your gasoline powered toys that you run around polluting the atmosphere with "having fun", and give up some of your seemingly endless vacations so you can financially assist some of these poverty stricken people you claim to care so much about.

It's someone I know who works in the industry. Not some political rag. Was suppose to be good news/insights. But you are so mad at the world you decided to post this Dibble.

I help support 3 families in Sonora, MX. What do you do?

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 10-19-2020 at 09:52 PM

Hey Surabi I have gas powered toys why not pick on me. You poor sick one lets hear it . Dont like it well that is just to bad . Put your head back in the zest pool.:bounce::bounce:
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2020 at 06:26 AM

JZ posts something and it has some hope for a positive outcome and miserable people like you just cant stand it.

Why dont you just scroll past posts by people you have such hatred for? Oh... I guess you dont have that type of self control.
So sad to be like you.
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2020 at 07:35 AM

For those who are miserable, here is a joke I'm subject to all the time and relish when it's told to me. (now around 100 times)

What do a porcupine and a Porsche have in common?
The "prick" is inside of the Porsche.:bounce:

The culture of "the Patron" can serve you and others well if done in the classic manor. One of the many reasons to love Baja in my book is the sincere gratitude of the people you support and the cultural framework in place to do so for those so inclined to reach out to you.

Exact opposites in the world helping each other out. Their local knowledge, vigilance on your behalf and local resources they share with you in exchange for your patronage to their families needs. Real simple, honest and honorable in my book.

Es Todo Bueno
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2020 at 08:09 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

It's someone I know who works in the industry. Not some political rag. Was suppose to be good news/insights. But you are so mad at the world you decided to post this Dibble.

I help support 3 families in Sonora, MX. What do you do?

issues? you are a credit to the human race. better now?

BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 10-20-2020 at 08:19 AM

I won't take an EUA vaccine, only one that has undergone all trials and gets non-emergency approval from the FDA.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2020 at 09:01 AM

Oops, looks like Remdesivir has some issues:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/15/health/coronavirus-remdes...

John
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-20-2020 at 09:26 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  

Why dont you just scroll past posts by people you have such hatred for? Oh... I guess you dont have that type of self control.
So sad to be like you.

And you???? This is you following your own advice?

myopia.....

Don't believe everything you think....
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 10-20-2020 at 09:38 AM

I would take part in a trial designed for my age group, as long s it did not involve being exposed to a live virus to test the antibodies.

I also would not take part in a trial that would possibly involve a blind study, where I could wind up being given a placebo!

[Edited on 10-20-2020 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Salsa
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2020 at 03:07 PM

I heard JZ got it from CNN and MSNBC, so it must be true in your book!!!

Don
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 10-21-2020 at 04:44 PM
It's Someone I Know ?

Well, there you go !

What could be better proof ?

I've heard some pretty interesting things from someone that I know, too.

A REALLY smart guy. Perhaps, (no doubt ?) the smartest data tech guy that I ever worked with.

Who also is a firm believer in just about EVERY conspiracy theory ever ventured, including UFOS and Aliens. The extraterrestrial kind.

Oh yeah. He's also (no surprise) a Trumpie until death do him part. Given his enthusiastic evangelistic bent, maybe even after death. While he hasn't yet accepted Donald as his personal savior (I think), he's damned close.
Salsa
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2022 at 04:39 PM

I love this kind of threads.

Its so easy to tell who is on the left and who is right !!!!!

Don
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 4-16-2022 at 05:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Salsa  
I love this kind of threads.

Its so easy to tell who is on the left and who is right !!!!!

Don

very sensible post - fits right in

Harald Pietschmann
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-16-2022 at 05:24 PM

Zombie post resurrected. Move along, nothing to see here.

John
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 4-16-2022 at 10:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Zombie post resurrected. Move along, nothing to see here.

John

1. Damn, the op was pretty spot on. And it was posted when some prominent people were ripping on the vaccine as "rushed and unsafe," making everyone fearful of taking them. That led to slower adoption rates.

2. Listen to JZ boys and girls. I called it this December 2021 that the Omicron variant was so infectious, but yet less lethal that it would end the pandemic by Feb/Mar. Goat mocked me for that and posted all types of wild links/predictions to scare us.

3. Also called it from the beginning that masks were bad/ineffective for kids, especially young kids. All kinds of data coming out on that now. I never thought masks helped much overall, but wore them when asked to without complaint. But making 5-11 yo kids wear them for 8hrs a day? Tragic for adolescent development and not "following the science."

4. Schools should have opened in the Fall of 2020. Or at the very least, the beginning of 2021. So much info on this now. It was all political. The teachers' unions made the govt. bend the knee.

5. You can be pro-vaccine, but anti-mandate. I was always very pro-vaccine. I posted on here in March of 2021 a fantastic video on vaccines, from a left leaning source. It basically said, "the goal of the Covid vaccines is not to prevent infections/spread, but to significantly reduce the risk of serious illness."

So making young and healthy people get vaccinated didn't help them or society very much. It was really sh#tty to pit one side vs. another on this topic. Very big mistake by the govt. that put Americans at each others' throats.

Only 7K people under 30 died in 2 years. All of them had significant other illnesses or died with Covid, not because of Covid.

6. Lock downs beyond a short amount of time at the beginning of the pandemic were bad. Thought this from the start and lots of people agreed (the WHO for example) and more and more studies are highlighting this now.

Lock downs crushed several millions of Americans mentally and financially. They eventually led to this ridiculous inflation. Which is hurting minorities and the poor the most. We aren't out of the woods on that yet.

History will not look kindly on all the dumb things the govt. did over the last two years.

[Edited on 4-17-2022 by JZ]

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.