Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Mexican wedding yields 100 covid infections
BajaNaranja
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2020 at 12:28 PM
Mexican wedding yields 100 covid infections

Authorities in Mexico say more than 100 people are believed to have been infected by the coronavirus at a wedding early this month in the northern border city of Mexicali.

About 300 people attended the Oct. 3 nuptials of a soap opera actor and the daughter of a local businessman.

Health Secretary Alonso Oscar Pérez Rico says the organizers also did not have permission to hold an event of that size during the pandemic.

He says authorities are investigating whether anyone attended the wedding knowing they were infected with the virus.

In some states in Mexico, knowingly infecting someone with a disease is a crime.

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/over-100-coronavirus-infec...

Stay safe, amigos
BajaNaranja
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2020 at 12:30 PM

Oof - but wait, there's more:

Two weddings, one in Mexicali, Baja California, and the other in Torreón, Coahuila, have proven to be superspreader events.

More than one-third of all guests tested positive for the coronavirus after attending an actor’s wedding in Mexicali, reported the Baja California Ministry of Health.

Health Minister Alonso Pérez Rico, said the celebration was held on October 3. Several days later attendees underwent coronavirus testing, with more than 100 coming back positive.

The wedding between soap opera actor Armando Torrea and Laura Pérez, daughter of a local businessman, took place in an events facility in the exclusive area of ​​San Pedro Residencial. Some 300 guests attended, including celebrities and local businesspeople.

Pérez said none of the preventive measures to avoid infection were respected. There was no use of face masks, temperatures were not checked and social distancing was ignored.

A video of the celebration shows musicians playing and people dancing on a crowded dance floor.

Senior citizens are among the infected, Pérez said, but so far there have been no cases requiring hospitalization.

The party hall will be investigated by the State Commission for the Protection of Sanitary Risks for violating Mexicali restrictions, as groups of more than 50 are prohibited en Baja California.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/coronavirus/weddings-in-baj...
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2020 at 07:30 PM

So sad.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2020 at 08:42 PM

Question-
If hundreds were infected and none have been hospitalized does that not show a need for less hysteria about this disease?

Life goes on. Life has all kinds of risks. Get sick and we go to the hospital yet medical malpractice kills many more times the number of people than COVID.

Prove me wrong on my last sentence.

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-23-2020 at 09:08 PM

The parents of my wife's friend on the mainland contracted the virus during just such an event. Both ended up in ER. After a long battle the husband pulled through. The wife succumbed to the infection. It was tragic because she didn't want to go, fearing an infection, but he talked her into it saying it's all overblown. He must feel like mierda now.
MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 10-24-2020 at 09:22 AM
Another Good Reason ............

........... To avoid Weddings.

Speaking of COVID, a (5 years younger) acquaintance and former co-worker (also Trumpista) with whom I exchanged emails at irregular intervals failed to reply earlier this month. After a couple of followups, I gave him a call. Turns out that he joined the COVID death toll.

He'd always been in pretty good physical and mental shape (other than the DT thing), but he WAS one of the oldies.

I suppose that it's best I didn't know he was on his way out. I likely couldn't have avoided ribbing his devotion to the Donald one last time. I didn't ask whether he got the chance to vote.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2020 at 03:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Cliffy  
Medical malpractice kills many more times the number of people than COVID.

Prove me wrong on my last sentence.

It appears you are wrong about malpractice death estimates. I see estimates of 250K to 400K. Many more times? What kindergarten did you fail out of?

But, medical malpractice is not an easily communicable virus. You can't spread a mistake/misdiagnosis or other anomaly to others. Who knows what that malpractice number constitutes.

I'd imagine more children die of dysentery, malaria, or malnutrition every year around the world as well. Apples to Oranges.

Here's your leading cause of death, according to the WHO:
https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/the-top-10-...

Lower respiratory infections at #4. That's where COVID is classified, I believe. Let's see where it is in 2020?

Can't you develop a cogent opinion that withstands even minimal scrutiny?

John

[Edited on 10-24-2020 by John Harper]
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2020 at 06:32 PM

What portion of #4 was attributable to COVID
Seems all lower resp infections are lumped together.
How many diseases are there in "lower resp"?
How about trying to be specific to COVID?

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2020 at 08:01 PM

What portion of #4 was attributable to COVID

How about trying to be specific to COVID?

Those statistics are pre-COVID, 2016.

If you want to know the deaths attributable to COVID in 2020, just read any reputable publication. 220,000 in the US alone and still rising apparently.

John
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2020 at 09:27 PM

Have you read the UCLA/Stanford study on COVID deaths?

surabi
Ultra Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 10-24-2020 at 10:05 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
So sad.

I find it hard to drum up sympathy for people who choose to act ignorantly and think only of themselves and their agenda. The people I'd feel sad for are those who didn't attend the wedding but got infected from the people who did and then proceeded to spread it around.

[Edited on 10-25-2020 by surabi]

[Edited on 10-25-2020 by surabi]
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-24-2020 at 10:16 PM

My brother's kid got married today in Ohio.. About 150 ppl there. My other brother and sister who are 16 and 19 years older than me didn't go.

This is how you should handle it. The young and healthy should carry on with life. Those at risk need to be cautious.

[Edited on 10-26-2020 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2020 at 06:01 PM

My brother's kid got married today in Ohio.. About 150 ppl there.

My other brother and sister who are 16 and 19 years older than me didn't go.

This is how you should handle it.

The young and healthy should carry on with life. Those at risk need to be cautious.

Absolutely 100% correct!!!!!

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-25-2020 at 07:06 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
My brother's kid got married today in Ohio.. About 150 ppl there. My other brother and sister who are 16 and 19 years older than me didn't go.

This is how you should handle it. The young and healthy should carry on with life. Those at risk need to be cautious.

This weekend in the USA, more than 41,000 people are currently hospitalized with the coronavirus in the United States, a 40 percent rise in the past month. Daily death tolls have not risen so sharply, but they are inching upward: the country is now averaging more than 800 deaths a day for the first time since mid-September.

Jizz,
How about your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, did they attend? Are they rolling the dice hanging out with irresponsible me-first youthful door-knob-lickers?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2020 at 09:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

How about your parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, did they attend? Are they rolling the dice hanging out with irresponsible me-first youthful door-knob-lickers?

Read the post. It makes a distinction that you still don't get after all these months.

I mean, I'm sure you get it, you are just dishonest with your motives.

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

55steve
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-25-2020 at 09:41 PM

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2020 at 06:30 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

So those at risk should be at greater risk so that the others can lead a normal life?

This is a communicable disease. You're recommending that those at low risk get infected and the others hide from them.

Well, that's not very humane. Maybe in N-zi Germany, where they sterilized unwanted people (like non Arians), that was acceptable, but we're supposed to be a nation that places a high value on people's lives, all people's.

It was one thing when the 'Trumpites' claimed that this was simply a flu-like disease so go about your business. But to now purposely encourage the infection of a deadly disease and ask the others to hide? That's ridiculous.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-26-2020 at 10:26 AM

Quote:

Utah’s hospitals prepare to ration care as a record number of coronavirus patients flood their ICUs.

With new coronavirus cases shattering records on a daily basis, Utah’s hospitals are expected to begin rationing care in a week or two.

...Under the criteria, which would require Herbert’s approval, patients who are getting worse despite receiving intensive care would be moved out first. In the event that two patients' conditions are equal, the young get priority over the old, since older patients are more likely to die.

Utah to prioritize youth before middle-aged! jizzy and cliffy would be thrown to the curb :lol::lol:

wear a flocking mask!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2020 at 12:07 PM

Have you read the UCLA/Stanford study on COVID deaths?

Can you post a link Cliffy, I want to make sure we are working off the same documents
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-26-2020 at 04:51 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

So those at risk should be at greater risk so that the others can lead a normal life?

This is a communicable disease. You're recommending that those at low risk get infected and the others hide from them.

No. Read my hundreds of posts on here.

I'm all for masks and social distancing. Just can't stop living life. Otherwise we all die.

I'm just not like Goat who wants you to stay in your basement so the world goes to hell to impact an election. He tells ppl it isn't safe to go to remote areas and camp. He is an awful person.

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.