Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Gonzaga Bay Spearfishing Trip reports with pics
gonetobaja
Nomad

thumbup.gif posted on 3-28-2005 at 09:52 PM
Gonzaga Bay Spearfishing Trip reports with pics

Hola Nomads!!

I have been away from the board for a while now. Here are some of our recent trips for a quick fix.

http://www.spearboard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15628

and

http://www.spearboard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16474

both have great pics of nice grouper and Gonzaga.

Feliez

GTB
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

lol.gif posted on 3-31-2005 at 07:37 AM
Hey Dale.... don't stop doin' what you enjoy

just because somebody here don't like it. your "bidness" is not going to overun gonzaga nor anyplace else, and you teach fair play and respect for the areas you tour.....keep the pictures coming, a lot of us LIKE the action!

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
pascuale
Nomad

Mood: Lets fish!

[*] posted on 3-31-2005 at 10:00 AM

Quote:

Dale, this is a cool site! thx for getting me here. Am looking forward to getting over to your area and checking the action first hand. Anybody reading here that is interested in air travel from AZ or so.cal to hook up with one of Dale's travel adventures just get a hold of me.

Interesting quote of yours from the spearboard Mike. wanna piece of the action huh, but never been to the area.Then how would you know what its like and what will overun it? Just curious.
gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-31-2005 at 09:22 PM

Whats up Pascuale,

No worries with captain mike he has been all over baja and is one of its best assets. Although he has not spearfished with me he has always been supportive of causes in baja that have a positive outcome(flying sams). There are some people who would prefer do fly down rather than drive and the captain is just offering a ride to any other hardcore baja lovers that may want to hit up a remote location by air. Like me sometimes you have to start an orginization that will help you share the expenses of constant trips to baja. To us baja junkies with a terminal case of Baja fever sharing costs and offering parts of our trips is sometimes the only way to continue our expeditions. Mike and I both hope that bringing people to baja and showing them the unspoiled side of places normaly out of reach to other people can help conserve it rather than exploit it.

Besides these types of ventures dont make any money so you know its just to feed our baja fever. Mike is nothing more than a helpless baja fever sufferer like myself. Only his fix is flying and mine is spearfishing.

Its often the unguided tourist that goes down to the area and does the most damage.

Besides mike is one of the best yellowtail indicators in Mulege.

We still have that sashimi appointment in Mulege that we never finished.

GTB
http://www.flybaja.com
;D

[Edited on 4-1-2005 by gonetobaja]
pascuale
Nomad

Mood: Lets fish!

[*] posted on 3-31-2005 at 11:44 PM

Hey Dale,

My attitude has changed completely and I apologize for any undeserved bad vibes I sent your way Dale and Mike. Your just doing what you love and trying to figure out a way to do it for a living. Being young, Im trying to figure out what I want to do and have it include fishing and diving. Ill have to come dive with you some time. The yellows are in right now and so are the white seabass. I got some good holes. I just get overprotective of that area because i grew up fishing and diving the place, you know what I mean.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

cool.gif posted on 4-1-2005 at 01:48 AM
well spopken dale, and pasquale - yur welcome

anytime on board screaming airlines, guess you thought from my post over at spearboard i never had been there....well, i have flown into gonzaga so many times since 1981 that sometimes my plane wants to turn there about the time i'm 80 kts north of hermosillo instead of continuing to my base in mulege 'cause it thinks gonzaga is home!!

seriously i love that place! the only reason i don't have a place there is cause i am a WIMP and have to have AC in the summer and i don't want no stinking generator! but you'll see me there at the next baja 1000 watching the trophy trucks roar thru at night. you can read about my last trek chasing the baja 1000 2003 at baja.net

so, dale - yes we got to do some yellows soon, after this bum arm of mine heals......i'll have a lot of baja catching up to do! meantime there's books...maps....oxycodone.....internet....taco bell....(thx larry hahn!) .ha! :bounce::lol::coolup:

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
gonetobaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-1-2005 at 09:12 AM

Pascuale,

Its better that you say something to us and ask the questions. Im glad that someone else feels the same way about the area that I do. Please keep up the protective stance with the area and it will help keep it like it is for years to come. Im booked for april but you should call me and we might be able to do a "locals only" trip for some WSB. Let me know when you want to head out by PM from any sites and we will get some buddies and split costs. I have my 22ft Montery down there on standby and the ride to get us from San Felipe to Gonzaga in 2 hrs.

:yes:

Id be glad to trade spot secrets with ya!!!!!

GTB
http://www.gonetobaja.com
http://www.spearfishingvideos.com

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.