Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Need feedback from local Baja nomads on virus conditions
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2020 at 04:30 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Have you been to SK? I've been about a dozen times, and talk to someone there a couple times a month.

SK has 50M ppl - the US is about 7x bigger. SK has NK on one border and is surrounded by water otherwise. They didn't have ppl flying into the country from everywhere in the world at a fraction of the rate the US did.

Also SK has very little ethic diversity. Doesn't have immigration challenges. And didn't just watch 6 months of rioting and looting.

In sum, comparing SK to the US is a fools errand.

I also am in contact with people in SK. They have kept their infection rate down because people have voluntarily co-operated with masking, distancing and keeping non-essential movement to a minimum. Like intelligent adults, not like the US babies throwing tantrums about violating their "rights" to spread a deadly virus.

They also have respect for their elders and don't expect them to have to hide themselves away so young people can party.

[Edited on 11-10-2020 by surabi]

i agree, i traveled to south Korea every month for 22years. they have cultural characteristics that make the proper health protocol possible. american culture, like many cultures is seriously flawed.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2020 at 04:36 PM

Sounds like you guys should move to SK and forfeit your US citizenship. Congrats, and good luck finding something similar to Baja over there, maybe Malaysia or Thailand?

[Edited on 11-10-2020 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 11-10-2020 at 04:41 PM

Sounds like you guys should move to SK and forfeit your US citizenship. Congrats, and good luck finding something similar to Baja over there, maybe Malaysia or Thailand?

Sounds to me like you continue to present yourself as an expert on all things....except when mooching gps points or ideas of where to go in Baja.....you know.....that parasitic tendency you have.... :rolleyes:

[Edited on 11-10-2020 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2020 at 04:47 PM

Ah, the love it or leave it mentality. Stalwart of the flag-waving crowd. Saves having to come up with anything intelligent to say.

No worries- I renounced my US citizenship 40 years ago and have been living quite happily in Mexico for the past 20 years. Not in Baja, which isn't my cup of tea. Too full of right wing, beer swilling American rednecks for me.
queseyo

[*] posted on 11-10-2020 at 05:25 PM

LMAO:bounce:

[Edited on 11-11-2020 by queseyo]

"Just remember; we're all here because we're not all there." Unknown Nomad
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-10-2020 at 06:10 PM

Shorty McJizzy:
Sounds like you should move to SK. You would do better in a shorter population, and would have fewer feelings of inadequacy if you found yourself taller.

Or stay here and put lifts on your shoes.

:P

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2020 at 08:16 PM

They have been individually wearing masks voluntarily throughout Asia long before it became the fad here in the US. Prior to COVID, mask use in the US was pretty much limited to Halloween or for robbing a 7-11.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-10-2020 at 08:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
They have been individually wearing masks voluntarily throughout Asia long before it became the fad here in the US. Prior to COVID, mask use in the US was pretty much limited to Halloween or for robbing a 7-11.

Yes, the Asians actually believe in long-established science on infectious disease control. Fancy that.

[Edited on 11-11-2020 by surabi]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-11-2020 at 07:42 AM

SanDiego is now back in the purple tier, Covid raging out of control,...

Biden gearing up to fight the virus,.... meanwhile, trump is hallucinating that he won, and it appears that Trump admin has given up on public health, and are convinced that a vaccine will solve everyone’s problems,....

USA may get a vaccine by Q1 2021... but will it be promptly and widely available in Mexico?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.