BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: Baja Travel After Christmas???
fishmaster
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2020 at 10:42 AM
Baja Travel After Christmas???

Greetings,
I'm starting to gear up for my annual trip to Baja. Plan was to leave a couple days after Christmas and spend three week, but I am nervous I'll purchase the insurance, fishing licenses and tourist permits only to have the border close completely with this recent COVID spike.
What do you guys think? Will they completely close the border if this spike continues or will they continue to leave it open for essential travel?
Thanks for your advice.
Steve
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2020 at 01:36 PM

It will be open to enter Mexico if you can pass USA border

You can purchase and print Ins, FMM, Fishing license all the night before you leave, I always do.

[Edited on 11-17-2020 by gnukid]
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 11-18-2020 at 11:06 AM

It appears that even when we hear the border is closed & essential travel only from US sources...it is not the case here in Baja. Not one guest that arrived in the last 3 months to Bahia Asuncion has had any problems at all traveling even though they are obviously tourists with fishing, camping gear, trailers, boats etc. They have had their temperatures taken at the border by Guerrero Negro and thats it.

I guess things could change but I doubt it.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2020 at 11:23 AM

There are zero issues with coming south.

There are still signs everywhere that SAY that the beaches are closed, but they aren't.

Our local cooperative is packed full the entire month of November with a fishing group. When we go to the restaurant, we hear them chatting away sounding soooooooooo happy!

We have been consistently busy, but with smaller groups, for the last couple months.

People tell me our safety measures are stricter than in the States? Every restaurant and our local grocery store has a foot step to sterilize shoes and everyone must wear a mask inside when not eating and the whole time in the market. Everyone gels hands upon entering almost any establishment. We just got back from Loreto, it was great, every place I felt safe.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2020 at 06:27 PM

Go and have fun. Post some pictures and stories about your trip.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

medium Cool

[*] posted on 11-18-2020 at 10:21 PM

I agree with the general opinion here. Things south are pretty much good to go, but with protocol to keep things as clean as possible.
There seems to be serious evidence that if you are comprimised in some way, maybe you should take a siesta until this is over. Otherwise travel with enjoyment and take precaution to make sure people around you feel safe.
As always, respect the local vibe, most folks south of the border are excited to see this end, as we are. I am not thinking going south will be an issue, that said there's another sherriff in town soon, coming north who knows
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-19-2020 at 12:22 AM

As of today, in USA:
Over 250,000 dead
Over 3,000,000 actively infected and contagious

I am amused at the general populace not believing the severity. It reminds me of the 1950s, 60 and 70s, when people ignored evidence that smoking kills.... took several decades for people to wise up, ban smoking indoors in public, and quit smoking....

And remember when cars did not have seat belts as standard? Now I would not think about riding in a car w/o a seat belt...

Go to Mexico, have fun,... some of you will catch covid in Mexico, some of you will spread Covid in Mexico small towns where there is no medical care... Many of you will dodge the bullet, some of you won’t. Don’t worry, be happy.

[Edited on 11-19-2020 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2020 at 12:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
As of today, in USA:
Over 250,000 dead

I am amused at the general populace not believing the severity. It reminds me of the 1950s, 60 and 70s, when people ignored evidence that smoking kills.... took several decades for people to wise up, ban smoking indoors in public, and quit smoking....

And remember when cars did not have seat belts as standard? Now I would not think about riding in a car w/o a seat belt...

Go to Mexico, have fun,... some of you will catch covid in Mexico, some of you will spread Covid in Mexico small towns where there is no medical care... Many of you will dodge the bullet, some of you won’t. Don’t worry, be happy.

Follow the science, listen to the doctors.

This is what the WHO says:

"The only time we believe a lockdown in justified is to buy you time to reorganise, regroup, rebalance your resources; protect your health workers who are exhausted," Dr Nabarro said.

"But by and large, we'd rather not do it."

Dr Nabarro told The Spectator the economic impact on small countries that rely on tourism and increased poverty levels are two major effects of shutting communities down.

"We really do appeal to all world leaders, stop using lockdown as your primary method of control," he said.

"Lockdowns have just one consequence that you must never ever belittle, and that is making poor people an awful lot poorer."

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2020 at 06:08 AM

As of today, in USA:
Over 250,000 dead

Wait for Thanksgiving. The numbers will go through the roof. And the vaccine will not be available for Christmas. As Betty Davis said - it's going to be a bumpy ride.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-19-2020 at 07:31 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
As of today, in USA:
Over 250,000 dead

Wait for Thanksgiving. The numbers will go through the roof. And the vaccine will not be available for Christmas. As Betty Davis said - it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Some hospitals are already maxed out with covid patients in ICU. People wont be happy when their non-priority loved ones are assigned ventilators and treatment based on priority, with non-priority left to die w/o attempts of treatment due to lack of resources.
All of this could have been avoided if people practiced what the public health professionals were recommending....

But trump admin has been dismissing covid guidance for many months. Their example of blatant disregard for pandemic has been adopted by the trump base, and now we are here amidst a massive surge and over 250,000 dead.

Why does no one in trump base care about 250,000 dead? Over 5x greater than typical flu.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2020 at 09:57 AM

Why does no one in trump base care about 250,000 dead? Over 5x greater than typical flu.

They are more concerned with controlling women's uterus and reproductive rights. Once born, they say "Go to Hell," of course.

John
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2020 at 12:20 PM

Trump has taken a lot of flak over this and rightly so but there are some good things he did that aren't mentioned by the left.

The vaccines were created in unprecedented record time. Ok, maybe he shouldn't get credit for that. But Operation Warp Speed is something he should get credit for. Either of the two vaccines should be at hospitals and pharmacies within days after the FDA approves them. He allocated hundreds of millions of dollars for the development of the vaccines and manufactured tens of millions of vaccines without prior knowledge whether they would be effective. That's really thinking ahead and taking responsibility on that level. Perhaps historians will balance that positive against his lack of leadership in containing the virus.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2020 at 12:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

Trump has taken a lot of flak over this and rightly so but there are some good things he did that aren't mentioned by the left.

The vaccines were created in unprecedented record time. Ok, maybe he shouldn't get credit for that. But Operation Warp Speed is something he should get credit for. Either of the two vaccines should be at hospitals and pharmacies within days after the FDA approves them. He allocated hundreds of millions of dollars for the development of the vaccines and manufactured tens of millions of vaccines without prior knowledge whether they would be effective. That's really thinking ahead and taking responsibility on that level. Perhaps historians will balance that positive against his lack of leadership in containing the virus.

Take the political bullchit to the political forum. Let's talk about Baja.

Mr. Bills
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2020 at 12:30 PM

I, for one, am looking forward to the opportunity for another visit to Baja after the holidays and especially to Bahia Asuncion and perhaps to La Bocana this time.

My age now puts me in the higher risk group, but I have no preexisting health issues that would put me at greater risk. We'll see how things go in the States and in Baja between now and then. Hopefully the vacation trip can happen.

The good news that I gather from the Goatman's posts is that he won't be in Baja anytime soon. That means one less person infecting the Baja peninsula with needless, mindless, vitriolic political rants. I think we all need a vacation from that.

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-19-2020 at 12:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Take the political bullchit to the political forum.

Pot, meet kettle.

John
Lengua
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2020 at 09:11 PM

Hard to buy in to opinions provided by folks who have establishments in Baja like Shari and Baja Blanca when their livelihood's depend on tourism.....Wouldn't want to get Covid in Baja and depend on getting a bed in a hospital if needed .

fishmaster
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2020 at 10:45 AM

Thanks for the feedback gang. I feel fine about travel as I believe that acting safely can keep you safe no matter what you do. COVID will just be another level of safety that I practice in Baja. As long as the border doesn't completely shut, I'll be posting a report after the New Year.
Thanks!
Steve
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-23-2020 at 10:50 AM

Quote: Originally posted by fishmaster  
Thanks for the feedback gang. I feel fine about travel as I believe that acting safely can keep you safe no matter what you do. COVID will just be another level of safety that I practice in Baja. As long as the border doesn't completely shut, I'll be posting a report after the New Year.
Thanks!
Steve

Good approach. Have fun and stay safe.

[Edited on 11-23-2020 by JZ]

Allwaters
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-20-2020 at 06:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Take the political bullchit to the political forum.

Pot, meet kettle.

John

Well said- Giess! Si' Hai Genki dess! Mahalo!
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 12-20-2020 at 11:11 AM

It is fascinating to see so many interpretations of the term "essential" when it comes to traveling these days.

"Do what makes you feel good" seems like a fairly selfish standard for social responsibility..... not difficult to see which Nomads subscribe to such thinking.

Oh well..... :rolleyes:

Don't believe everything you think....
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.