BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Baja Travel After Christmas???
Mr. Bills
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2020 at 04:03 PM

You really are a dick.

Merry Christmas to everyone. Except you and Gavin Newsom.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2020 at 06:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
I didn't go to Mexico at all in 2020, the first year in over 22 years without a visit to the land I love!
Two trips planned were cancelled. One was for a TV show. All due to Covid and the travel ban for NON-ESSENTIAL travel.
Now, it is also a matter of precaution and self-well-being that we do not travel.

Of the hundreds of people I know, only one reported he got the disease and has been reporting on his conditions for the past 12 days of the 14 he has off from work for it. It is (for him) no worse than a bad flu (maybe the worst he has had) with a loss of taste and smell plus other typical flu symptoms. He is an EMT an no, he has not taken any of the exotic treatments to speed up recovery.

Nobody wants to be sick but this hyper-fear that everyone has may be unwarranted unless you are old or have pre-existing conditions.

David, got word last night that one of my student's father died of Covid a few days ago. Glad you're friend is okay.

caj13
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2020 at 08:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Mr. Bills  
You really are a dick.

Merry Christmas to everyone. Except you and Gavin Newsom.

why are you so mad? I agreed with your premise completely? what about that makes me a Dick?

Happy Festivus & Chanukah to you and your family!
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 12-25-2020 at 10:55 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Mr. Bills  

I would like to point out is that the statistics cited... 325,000 dead out of 17 million who have contracted the Covid-19 virus, if true works out to an overall Covid-related death rate of 1.9 %.

Each of us needs to answer for ourselves whether shutting down society and the entire worldwide economy is a proportionate response for a disease with a 1.9% death rate...

I believe you've missed the part about extrapolating what the death rate will be once ICU beds in care facilities run out? Since March the intent was to flatten the curve to insure the best outcome for most people and keep the death rate as low as possible.

"ICU availability in Southern California at 0%, and it’s going to get worse, officials warn"
https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-12-17/southern...

Now over 79.5M global Covid-19 cases confirmed; nearly 18.7M in USA and 1.4M in Mexico (which is not conducting widespread testing). 1.7M global deaths; 330k USA deaths; 121k Mexico deaths.
https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.h...

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2020 at 05:17 PM

Blows my mind the things that are deleted here and what is not...seems like any time David gets called out, the posts are deleted

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2020 at 10:41 PM

It's Christmas Zac, even if you don't believe in it... I remove stuff that is only used by those on the left who spin it or I know it has been read. Why keep that stuff on the forum? How does it make Nomad better? If only the other side had the grace to remove their stuff, full of hate or name calling... using skin color to insult someone is just so wrong.

Yes DK, let me know if you need money for your back brace. Cheers from Baja.

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2020 at 08:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajaboy  
Blows my mind the things that are deleted here and what is not...seems like any time David gets called out, the posts are deleted

Well, since we do get to post here for free, no reason to complain if your posts get deleted once in a while. Mine certainly do, doesn't bother me as it just proves the old saying, "truth hurts." Our 1st Amendment rights do not exist on a privately run forum. I'm okay with that.

As a soon to be former "leader" of the free world says, "It is what it is."

John
caj13
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2020 at 08:53 AM

I get deleted alot, every time I point out David's logical fallacies and his lack of fact in his right wing nut posts, I get deleted. Obviously, if you have no answer, the solution is to delete the truth, so you can keep pretending! I see it as a clear admission of incompetence and ignorance by the deleter!

You got no legitimate defense or answer - delete the truth! Nice MO David - who did you steal that from? look back in your history books, I'm sure a few excellent examples will come to light!
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2020 at 11:05 AM

Look, I get deleted too. Figure it was something I wrote and crossed the line about, strayed off subject. Not my forum and don't make the rules so nothing personal.

I'm with DK on not traveling at this time. Doesn't mean forever, just let things play out a bit before jumping in.

''You want a N-zi government to dictate your every step rather than being responsible for your own actions, as most grown-ups are capable of. Americans are a free people and we have been masked and socially distanced. Thanks to Trump's quick response and Project Warp Speed we have an antidote in less than a year...
'' blah blah blah.

The above is divisive and makes things worse. DK doesn't see that. The country was divided before and the clown in the WH has made it worse. Yup, time to go.

Still, DK is our DK and he's not his misguided politics.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 12-26-2020 at 11:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  
Look, I get deleted too. Figure it was something I wrote and crossed the line about, strayed off subject. Not my forum and don't make the rules so nothing personal.

I'm with DK on not traveling at this time. Doesn't mean forever, just let things play out a bit before jumping in.

''You want a N-zi government to dictate ...
'' blah blah blah.

It is a bit of comforting info to see that other folks's posts get deleted as well as mine....I was starting to take it personally.....:wow:

"ad hominem attacks on individuals" get deleted is The Word.... but being called a dick is okay.

Grade one reader:
"Look at Dick. Dick and Jane have a dog. The dog is called Spot. Run, Spot, run.

Oh, Spot just peed on a post. Spot is a bad dog.

Spot needs to respect posts and not pee on them....
Maybe Spot should not be out of the house..."

:biggrin:

P.S. David seems angrier than usual lately with more frequent references to n-zis.... I think he IS his politics, and the election results have been distressing for him. Let's give David a break from inviting him to consider his alliances and just thank him for maps. They are sometimes helpful for those of us who don't rely on gps (although I do use such devices at times...).

[Edited on 12-26-2020 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2020 at 12:10 PM

At Baja Nomads we moved on from fact-checking to fat checking...
surfhat
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2020 at 02:12 PM

"If you find yourself making excuses and justifications for child molesters, rapists, sexual assaulters, gropers, con men, liars, draft dodgers, pedophiles, N-zi's, white supremacists, traitors, conspirators, you are probably a republican."

These salient words were found on the Daily Kos recently, and stuck me as relevant and real as they come. Just try and deny it. I am sure the 'usual suspects' will carry on nevertheless, and I will be subject to criticism.

I so rarely chime in here, and almost never when it comes to politics, but here you go. Happy New Year everybody, and I mean everybody, in spite of whatever leanings float your leaky boat. haha

I so respect Davids 'mission passion' and all the mapping he has given to all of us.

Politics? Not so much.

It would be nice if some would stick to Peace, Love, and Fish Tacos and keep their opinions to themselves on other issues. Politics and religion, as the old saying goes, brings nothing but discord, and we all have more than enough of that already.

I am sure that is too much to ask for some folks.

Blanca, you are always a breath of fresh air. Your giving nature knows no bounds, and you and Less deserve the best of everything for all the paying it forward that your lives exemplify. Others here should take your fine example more to heart.

Peace, love and fish tacos to all.

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-26-2020 at 10:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

''You want a N-zi government to dictate ...
'' blah blah blah.

It is a bit of comforting info to see that other folks's posts get deleted as well as mine....I was starting to take it personally.....:wow:

"ad hominem attacks on individuals" get deleted is The Word.... but being called a dick is okay.

Grade one reader:
"Look at Dick. Dick and Jane have a dog. The dog is called Spot. Run, Spot, run.

Oh, Spot just peed on a post. Spot is a bad dog.

Spot needs to respect posts and not pee on them....
Maybe Spot should not be out of the house..."

:biggrin:

P.S. David seems angrier than usual lately with more frequent references to n-zis.... I think he IS his politics, and the election results have been distressing for him. Let's give David a break from inviting him to consider his alliances and just thank him for maps. They are sometimes helpful for those of us who don't rely on gps (although I do use such devices at times...).

[Edited on 12-26-2020 by motoged]

I met David before Fox News was around. He was a great guy. I miss that guy!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-26-2020 at 10:44 PM

Same guy... loves America and loves Baja. Hates big government and loss of freedom that comes with it.

I find it hilarious how I make a political REPLY to another (goat, etc.) and you are only bent with my reply and not the person who turned a thread political. If you don't want political free discussion then nip it in the bud with the originator instead of the responder. I find it also hilarious that it updest you when I REMOVE my replies. There is just no pleasing you lefties!

Merry Christmas (or Happy Solstice since the mention of Christ makes some of you crazy)!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-27-2020 at 02:10 AM

Same guy... loves America and loves Baja. Hates big government and loss of freedom that comes with it.

I find it hilarious how I make a political REPLY to another (goat, etc.) and you are only bent with my reply and not the person who turned a thread political. If you don't want political free discussion then nip it in the bud with the originator instead of the responder. I find it also hilarious that it updest you when I REMOVE my replies. There is just no pleasing you lefties!

Merry Christmas (or Happy Solstice since the mention of Christ makes some of you crazy)!

There you go again! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2020 at 07:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by surfhat  
"If you find yourself making excuses and justifications for child molesters, rapists, sexual assaulters, gropers, con men, liars, draft dodgers, pedophiles, N-zi's, white supremacists, traitors, conspirators, you are probably a republican."

These salient words were found on the Daily Kos recently, and stuck me as relevant and real as they come. Just try and deny it. I am sure the 'usual suspects' will carry on nevertheless, and I will be subject to criticism.

I so rarely chime in here, and almost never when it comes to politics, but here you go. Happy New Year everybody, and I mean everybody, in spite of whatever leanings float your leaky boat. haha

I so respect Davids 'mission passion' and all the mapping he has given to all of us.

Politics? Not so much.

It would be nice if some would stick to Peace, Love, and Fish Tacos and keep their opinions to themselves on other issues. Politics and religion, as the old saying goes, brings nothing but discord, and we all have more than enough of that already.

I am sure that is too much to ask for some folks.

Blanca, you are always a breath of fresh air. Your giving nature knows no bounds, and you and Less deserve the best of everything for all the paying it forward that your lives exemplify. Others here should take your fine example more to heart.

Peace, love and fish tacos to all.

well said surfhat. and a good 2021 to you
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-27-2020 at 08:33 AM

I guess there is another way to ook at covid: travel now, because you might be dead from covid by March 1st....

(CNN) The United States reached a grim milestone on Saturday: 1 in 1,000 Americans have died from Covid-19 since the nation's first reported infection in late January.

Census Bureau estimates for the last week of December place the US population at around 330,750,000. On Saturday afternoon, the national death toll from Covid-19 reached 331,116, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

DouglasP
Nomad

Mood: Goat hunter.

[*] posted on 12-27-2020 at 08:53 AM

The above is divisive and makes things worse. DK doesn't see that. The country was divided before and the clown in the WH has made it worse. Yup, time to go.

The lack of self awareness in this sentence is astonishing.

I like beer, better than most people.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2020 at 09:30 AM

Can you catch the flu running side shore on a cross breeze trolling at 5-7 knots?

Can you catch the flu running the arroyos in a sand rail?

Can you catch the flu eating stuffed jalapeños chased by Don Julio Tequila?
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2020 at 10:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
I guess there is another way to ook at covid: travel now, because you might be dead from covid by March 1st....

(CNN) The United States reached a grim milestone on Saturday: 1 in 1,000 Americans have died from Covid-19 since the nation's first reported infection in late January.

Census Bureau estimates for the last week of December place the US population at around 330,750,000. On Saturday afternoon, the national death toll from Covid-19 reached 331,116, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

Car crashes have killed more ppl under 55 in the US in 2020.

The answer should be to protect those at risk. Not harm everyone

[Edited on 12-27-2020 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.