Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Loreto November Report - Dorado and Sierra
defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2020 at 10:31 AM
Loreto November Report - Dorado and Sierra

Guess I am the only guy left on this board still fishing these days? :P

November is here! The summer from HELL has finally ended and cool temps have arrived. Unfortunately along with the cool temps the winter winds are here as well.

No worries, there are still some sheltered spots you can find if you know where to go. Luckily my chitty little boat can be launched anywhere I can drag it.

the bite has been hot in the small bays around Loreto so we decided to just move on out there to take advantage, loaded up the camper and the boat and headed out to the spot. Playa Quemado, just about 30 mins outside of town, sheltered by Puerto Escondido to the north and Danzante to the east, its a great spot to hide from the wind.

Nice part about camping on the beach, can sleep in! Takes about 30 seconds to launch the boat off the beach and were off to the races

Cast netted some sardines from a nearby rocky point (only snagged my net like 3 times on the bottom! lol) loaded up my 5gal bucket and bubbler and headed out a little deeper waters.

The Sierra mackerel are moving into the bays, great fighters, super sharp teeth! I really need to start using some wire because I have lost more of these guys than I count...

Had a buddy come out and meet me for some fishing action as well. Caught his first sierra

and hooked into a surprise dorado! His first ever as well! Biggest one ive landed this year, lots of fun on a Dawai BG 3000 :lol: Look how close to shore we are! These guys were hitting in ~20ft of water, I saw one smashing bait in less than 2ft of water, crazy stuff

Action was hot with big tidal outflow flushing bait out of the port and into the bay, bite after bite for about 2 hours straight

a few small Gallos and pargo showed up to the party as well, fishing the beach and rocky point near Punta Coyote

Great day of fishing

Early November I headed out with a local friend on his panga, we were hoping to run out to Puerta Almejas to look for some yellowtail, but the wind and waves said NOPE!

So we tucked into San Bruno and trolled the shoreline, ended up hooking into some more Dorado, good size compared the chickens weve been catching all year

Howard (fellow BajaNomader and my neighbor here in Loreto) and I have gone out a few times on his boat as well, we caught plenty of Dorado but all the pics are trapped on my broken phone! I should get that thing fixed...

With the water temps dropping quickly I dont expect these Dorado to stick around much longer, probably for the best as my Fridge/Freezer is well stocked!!

Time to go catch some yellowtail!!

Driving the PanAmerican Highway
https://www.facebook.com/homeonthehighway/
nbentley1
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2020 at 11:04 AM

Great info, we will be taking a boat out of Puerto Escondido over TG so we will probably need to find some of those sheltered spots
defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2020 at 11:14 AM

Quote: Originally posted by nbentley1  
Great info, we will be taking a boat out of Puerto Escondido over TG so we will probably need to find some of those sheltered spots

Just got to get launched before sunrise and back before 1pm if you dont want to get pounded

luckily from PE you can kind of jump from point to point on the islands and stay protected for a good amount of the way, depending on the wind direction of course

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2020 at 11:18 AM

What a GREAT fishing report! We were just in Loreto and the heat is gone gone gone.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Cliffy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2020 at 11:50 AM

What a COOL report Envious GREEN with envy!
My kind if fishing

You chose your position in life today by what YOU did yesterday
defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2020 at 12:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
What a GREAT fishing report! We were just in Loreto and the heat is gone gone gone.

its so nice right now!!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.