BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  6
Author: Subject: New resort in El Pescadero?
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2020 at 09:23 AM
New resort in El Pescadero?

I just noticed this article about a resort called "Paradero Todos Santos" scheduled to open up in January of next year. Looking at the website, it appears to be El Pescadero, but I'm not sure exactly where. Could it be the old Tequila Ranch? Does anyone know where this resort is?

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2020 at 10:12 AM

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Paradero+Todos+Santos/@23....

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2020 at 10:44 AM

Thanks for the reply! Interesting that it's on the Todos Santos side of the arroyo, which I've always thought of as the northern boundary of Pescadero.

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2020 at 11:11 AM

Maybe Tom will check in. It's his neighborhood.

So, Paradero is in competition with http://ranchopescadero.com.

Location. Todos Santos is Magico. Pescadero, not so much.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2020 at 02:33 PM

Closer to the Hwy than Palmas beach or San Pedrito. This has project has sprung up in last few months..quick build! In middle of Cactus forests. I have read only one posting of WTF are they building out there in middle of nowhere?! lots of infrastructure concerns for our once peaceful little area....
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-25-2020 at 02:44 PM

Paul david..post it up on TS websites...include articles for maximum effect. The people in general have no clue. I did hear the Paradero is still dealing w/Ejido for water rights $$$$
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-26-2020 at 07:58 AM

it is an impressive project. we drive past several times a week. visible from the highway. it seems like the building happened very quickly. the number of construction projects in the todos,pesky and Cerritos is incredible.
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2020 at 07:15 PM

According to this article the resort is opening up one month from today. I didn't realize that it was an all-inclusive deal. Why on earth would anyone want to do that in Todos Santos?

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2020 at 07:43 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pauldavidmena  
According to this article the resort is opening up one month from today. I didn't realize that it was an all-inclusive deal. Why on earth would anyone want to do that in Todos Santos?

This place isn't in Todos any more than Cerritos is in Cabo. The name is recognition marketing. I'd consider Palm Beach as the Northern boundary for Todos.

Think tourists will be disappointed with a location in the middle of nowhere, the pueblo of Pescadero, and 10 km to Todos.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

F*ck it.
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2020 at 07:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

This place isn't in Todos any more than Cerritos is in Cabo. The name is recognition marketing. I'd consider Palm Beach as the Northern boundary for Todos.

Think tourists will be disappointed with a location in the middle of nowhere, the pueblo of Pescadero, and 10 km to Todos.

They'll be especially disappointed if they don't rent a car, which might be the case given that it's an all-inclusive. At least in Cabo you can call a cab to escape the confines of the sprawling resort from time to time.

bkbend
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2020 at 10:49 AM

People who stay an an all-inclusive aren't really into seeing the sights, smells, and sounds of Baja, too afraid. Except maybe hopping into the resort van with like-minded folks for tour of TS and a photo op at Hotel California.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2020 at 12:12 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bkbend  
People who stay an an all-inclusive aren't really into seeing the sights, smells, and sounds of Baja, too afraid. Except maybe hopping into the resort van with like-minded folks for tour of TS and a photo op at Hotel California.

quite right. for many travel is more about spending time in a climate that doesn't suck, rather and a desire to experience an unfamiliar culture. and grow a bit.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2020 at 12:42 PM

They'll be especially disappointed if they don't rent a car, which might be the case given that it's an all-inclusive. At least in Cabo you can call a cab to escape the confines of the sprawling resort from time to time.

There's a place you pass when driving into Baja Beans parking lot where they have a number of white vans ready to go. Pretty sure those vans will be providing shuttle to town.

I've never stayed all-inclusive but think those clientele want to lay by the pool sipping drinks. Nothing wrong with that. After seeing the galleries in town, that's about it sight seeing.

When I'm in Pesky, I sit on the beach under an umbrella and read or watch the whales. Throw the frisbee for my dog. That's about it. Run in for groceries once a week. Don't get out. Guesss that's all-inclusive, in a way.

No stress.

F*ck it.
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2020 at 02:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

There's a place you pass when driving into Baja Beans parking lot where they have a number of white vans ready to go. Pretty sure those vans will be providing shuttle to town.

I've never stayed all-inclusive but think those clientele want to lay by the pool sipping drinks. Nothing wrong with that. After seeing the galleries in town, that's about it sight seeing.

When I'm in Pesky, I sit on the beach under an umbrella and read or watch the whales. Throw the frisbee for my dog. That's about it. Run in for groceries once a week. Don't get out. Guesss that's all-inclusive, in a way.

No stress.

No stress is good!

When we visit, we tend to rent a place with a well-equipped kitchen so that we can prepare most of our own meals. This means trips into town for meat or fish and fresh produce. In Pesky "Agricole" had much of what we needed, and Mini Super Munchies had things like snacks and beer. Going to the markets every day provided an opportunity for me to use Spanish, and making our own meals meant that we could splurge for the occasional night out.

We don't get out too much either, but we've made a few BajaNomad friends and like to catch up in person when possible. We also make a pilgrimage to El Triunfo and would like to visit San Bartolo at some point. We probably won't be doing any of the above again until early 2022. :(

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2020 at 03:39 PM

mini super munchies has become a real asset to to neighborhood.
the ice cream sandwiches are the stuff of dreams.
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2020 at 04:39 PM

When we visit (every winter since 2011) we alternate between Pescadero and the Las Tunas neighborhood. Each has its allure, but we nearly bought a house in Pescadero a few years ago - even before Mini Super Munchies came on the scene! Now that the first major snowstorm of winter has hit the Northeast, we'd like a "do over"!

[Edited on 12-17-2020 by pauldavidmena]

elskel
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2020 at 01:21 PM

Here are a few photos:

[Edited on 5-14-2021 by BajaNomad]
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-24-2020 at 02:04 PM

They’ve got some work to do if they’re going to open up next month!

pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-25-2020 at 02:19 PM

Just read this article in the La Crosse (WI) Tribune. It isn't about the resort, but is written by its two co-owners about pozole, which is perhaps fittingly misspelled.

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 12-25-2020 at 03:09 PM
Made with "big corn"?

Just read this article in the La Crosse (WI) Tribune. It isn't about the resort, but is written by its two co-owners about pozole, which is perhaps fittingly misspelled.

Corn off the cob would not be pozole! Hominy comes from the cob, but needs to be processed (much like olives) before it is fit for pozole.

My first exposure to Pozole was when I was about 12. My family was invited to join in with a fiesta on the beach in Manzanillo. When I went back for a second bowl, the woman who was ladling it out smiled, and made sure to hook what was left of an entire cow skull that was the base for the stock.

By her reaction, my eyes must have gotten a size or two larger, but it didn't stop me from havingf another bowl!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
 Pages:  1    3  ..  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.