Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Covid vaccine in Mexico 12/4 update
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-4-2020 at 08:19 PM
Covid vaccine in Mexico 12/4 update

We went to San Ignacio today for me to pick up my insulin. While at the clinic , there was a vehicle with medical personnel around it so I asked what they were up to. FREE COVID TESTING! I was shocked to my boots. How amazing is that?

By the time I came out of the clinic, they were gone to another spot.

Inside the clinic, the nurse told me that there are many cases in San Ignacio. So far, here in La Bocana, there have been scares but no confirmed cases.

We are trying to decide where we will get the vaccine - the States or here in Mexico? Since it is a two step process, we would prefer here! We are so happy that the vaccine is headed here! Yeah, viva Mexico.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/coronavirus/covid-vaccinati...

The federal government has struck a deal with the United States pharmaceutical company Pfizer to buy more than 34 million doses of its Covid-19 vaccine, the first 250,000 of which are expected to arrive in Mexico this month.

The Health Ministry announced on Twitter that Health Minister Jorge Alcocer signed an agreement with Pfizer on Wednesday for the manufacture and supply of 34.4 million doses of the vaccine it developed with Germany’s BioNTech. The vaccine was 95% effective in phase 3 trials and caused no serious safety concerns, Pfizer said in November.

“The expectation is to receive 250,000 doses this month to protect Mexicans,” the Health Ministry said, adding that the inoculation of health workers will be a priority.

(There is more, this is just the beginning of the article)

I am thrilled at this great news!

[Edited on 12-5-2020 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 06:27 PM

Does Baja have the facilities to store the vaccine at -70F?

I don't think that's the best vaccine for Baja. Certainly not rural Baja.

Interesting how covid is 'widespread' in San Ignacio but not at your place. Let's hope it stays that way. There are no cases in Asuncion as well so far.

Correction: it's -70C, which is -94F. That is ridiculously low.

[Edited on 12-6-2020 by Skipjack Joe]
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 07:31 PM

https://www.bcsnoticias.mx/bcs-listo-para-recibir-vacuna-con...

BCS bought an "Ultrafreezer" to store 6000 doses...

I'll wait for long term studies to see the result

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6057734.stm

[Edited on 12-6-2020 by gnukid]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 08:02 PM

According to the translated text, it appears that the vaccine can be stored as normal vaccines are for up to five days after being removed from the -70C freezer.

That is the first time I have seen or heard about a five day window from thawing, but it should help greatly with distribution!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
medium Cool

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 08:52 PM

If you have any disability, or comprimised in any way, protect yourself and take major precautions, don't go....
If you are a healthy, somewhat normal size human being ( gonna get slammed for that ) without any "PRE-EXISTING" conditions, be careful around anyone who may be comprimised and abide by any basic pueblo approved protocol.
Otherwise, enjoy urself
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 09:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by medium Cool  
If you have any disability, or comprimised in any way, protect yourself and take major precautions, don't go....
If you are a healthy, somewhat normal size human being ( gonna get slammed for that ) without any "PRE-EXISTING" conditions, be careful around anyone who may be comprimised and abide by any basic pueblo approved protocol.
Otherwise, enjoy urself

Your advise is ridiculous

You asymptomatic super-spreading covid-is-a-nuthin-burger people are why the disease keeps raging.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2020 at 11:11 PM

Mexico has signed a deal for 35 million doses of the vaccine from China. The temperature storage requirements are 2-8 Celsius. This is a more workable vaccine for Baja.

The China vaccine(s) is attractive to many nations around the globe due to its ease of distribution. Many have stated that the Pfizer vaccine is simply not doable. There are reports that the China vaccine is not as effective but it's hard to say how true this is because there's a lot of one upmanship among nations and even vaccine manufacturers.

[Edited on 12-6-2020 by Skipjack Joe]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.