Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Covid in Ensenada
lizard lips
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2020 at 01:22 PM
Covid in Ensenada

Just learned that many of my family have the virus now. Most are from my wife's Mexican family. It is really devastating here right now. I took a trip to Punta Banda yesterday and as I passed Costco the parking lot was full as was most places just as it is in non-virus times.

I have a public park directly in front of my home and recently it has become empty.

The police were setting up check points and telling people to wear masks while driving. Apparently it's the law now.

I see it getting much worse than better in the coming month-months.

You all be safe out there!
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 12-13-2020 at 01:26 PM

Wait until the Christmas/NYE/Chanukah/Pagan, etc. surge peaking mid January. It is supposed to be at its worst then.

[Edited on 12-13-2020 by Ken Cooke]
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 12-13-2020 at 01:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lizard lips  
Just learned that many of my family have the virus now. Most are from my wife's Mexican family. It is really devastating here right now. I took a trip to Punta Banda yesterday and as I passed Costco the parking lot was full as was most places just as it is in non-virus times.

I have a public park directly in front of my home and recently it has become empty.

The police were setting up check points and telling people to wear masks while driving. Apparently it's the law now.

I see it getting much worse than better in the coming month-months.

You all be safe out there!

yeah the masks while driving seems a bit extreme?

https://bajadock.wordpress.com/2020/12/11/masking-in-cars-me...
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-13-2020 at 06:41 PM

From my experience, the police/check points want to make sure you have a mask handy. Pull up to a red light and there are often vendors right at your window, an issue unless you keep the window rolled up. Many times there isn't a 2 meter (six feet) space between your car window and the passenger in the car beside you. Get fuel, put your mask on when you talk to the attendant. Once again, the rule is to help the public be safe, take care of themselves and each other. It's not such a big deal.

P>*)))>{

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2020 at 02:16 PM

Let me tell you, we have not had anyone come down with the virus but we have had some scares. People absolutely FREAK when they think it is here but they do not take enough precautions.

There are many gatherings. No one uses a mask in the smaller stores.

One of these days it is going to get ugly.

On another note, my husband's best friend's Mom lives in England (as does he) and she is 91. She will be getting her vaccination against covid this Friday!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-14-2020 at 06:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Let me tell you, we have not had anyone come down with the virus but we have had some scares. People absolutely FREAK when they think it is here but they do not take enough precautions.

On another note, my husband's best friend's Mom lives in England (as does he) and she is 91. She will be getting her vaccination against covid this Friday!

I heard that a couple people have died from covid in San Ignacio.

Here in the USA the covid death rate is now one death every 40 seconds.

Vaccine production is still limited, looking like USA won’t be done with majority of vaccinations until late summer 2021. Long time away!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 12-14-2020 at 06:17 PM

Blanca, just heard on the news it’ll take 30 days to develop an immunity from the vaccine shot. And so, we wait. I expect to be able to come down maybe for the Bahía Asunción celebration August 15th, and perhaps a La Paz clinic after that if things work out. (I’ve got a ton of parts/supplies in my garage!)

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2020 at 07:54 PM

I know.

We wait.

Stay safe everyone!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 12-14-2020 at 08:59 PM

yeah but who's gonna opt for the vaccination? nomads aren't an easy sell.

:lol:

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
medium Cool

[*] posted on 12-14-2020 at 09:27 PM

definatly a wait and see situation

anyone comprimised in any way should watch there butts, its obvious to me that the rest of us 99% ( who will be perfectly fine ) should take precaution to help the vurnerable, if it means wearing a mask, so be it

I'm curious why we are seeing bill gates on tv talking about this tho, seems over the top wierd, kinda fictional
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-14-2020 at 09:44 PM

I don't care if someone doesn't want the vaccine shot as long as I get mine the rest of the dummies can do what they want. Maybe that will cull the herd. Sorry but the world is full of stupid people and they deserve what they get. God will still love them.
mexicali-kid
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2020 at 08:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by TMW  
I don't care if someone doesn't want the vaccine shot as long as I get mine the rest of the dummies can do what they want. Maybe that will cull the herd. Sorry but the world is full of stupid people and they deserve what they get. God will still love them.

I totally agree.
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 12-15-2020 at 08:13 AM

Northern Baja police now giving fines. For people driving not using masks.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 12-15-2020 at 08:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mexicali-kid  

I totally agree.

If you are financially secure, got a medical provider and insurance, and live in one of the Wealthy countries, you will probably get a vaccine in short order.

If you are poor in USA and do not have regular medical care/provider, yet to be seen how/if you will get vaccine.

If you live in a poorer country, yet to be seen how/if you will get vaccine

Some people may lack vaccine for reasons other than being anti-vax

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2020 at 08:33 AM

I will get the vaccine asap, but not soon, I think.

In the meantime, stop asking gringos to come to small towns in Baja because the kids need pencils.

Be part of the solution, not.........
nbentley1
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2020 at 09:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

I heard that a couple people have died from covid in San Ignacio.

Here in the USA the covid death rate is now one death every 40 seconds.

Vaccine production is still limited, looking like USA won’t be done with majority of vaccinations until late summer 2021. Long time away!

My folks are in the UK as well and get their first shot this week as well.

[Edited on 12-15-2020 by nbentley1]
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2020 at 11:03 AM

I totally agree.

Apparently, Neither of you understand the concept of "herd immunity" - right? Obviously, Vaccines protect you, but what we are really trying to do is mass immunize to produce herd immunity. The whole point of vaccinations is to essentially cut off the pathways for virus transmission, thus protecting the population.

. That means a large % of the population needs to be vaccinated - primarily TO PROTECT THOSE WHO CANNOT FOR SOME REASON RECEIVE THE VACCINE.

YES THE VACCINE PROTECTS YOU, BUT PERHAPS , JUST THIS ONE TIME, YOU COULD THINK ABOUT YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND COMMITMENT TO KEEPING OTHERS IN THIS COUNTRY SAFE AS WELL.!

novel Idea I know, watch after your brothers and sisters, do right by them! if only there were some religion that preached and PRACTICED that concept!

[Edited on 12-15-2020 by caj13]

KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 12-15-2020 at 09:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  

I totally agree.

. That means a large % of the population needs to be vaccinated - primarily TO PROTECT THOSE WHO CANNOT FOR SOME REASON RECEIVE THE VACCINE.

YES THE VACCINE PROTECTS YOU, BUT PERHAPS , JUST THIS ONE TIME, YOU COULD THINK ABOUT YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND COMMITMENT TO KEEPING OTHERS IN THIS COUNTRY SAFE AS WELL.!

The two concepts are hardly mutually exclusive. If by being immunized as soon as it is available to me I am protecting others as well as myself then all the better. It means I can feel altruistic while acting in my own self interest. Everybody wins!
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 12-16-2020 at 11:14 AM

I'll take the vaccine when it's my turn in line. By that time many will have already taken it so I will feel a little more comfortable about its' safety.

I have to agree with a lot of the above - I don't care anymore about people who refuse to wear a mask or physically distance. Good riddance, we have to thin the stupid out of the gene pool somehow. I am lucky enough to live in a town with very little disease, but after Thanksgiving it is increasing and the entire Bay Area is shut down. I shudder to think of what post Christmas will be like.

In general, how is the spread of covid in Baja?
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2020 at 12:06 PM

I know.

We wait.

Stay safe everyone!

AND..... lets take this seriously!
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.