Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Looking for house in BOLA
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2020 at 03:15 PM
Looking for house in BOLA

Looking for house in the Bahia de Los Angeles. No ejido land, land lease fine. Clean, with unobstructed view of the bay.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2020 at 03:56 PM

Rincon is a very nice area. No idea about the land/title.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2020 at 04:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Rincon is a very nice area. No idea about the land/title.

I just can't find much of any real estate listings, or for sale by owner, or any much of anything else.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-17-2020 at 08:04 PM

There was a place listed here that was right on the main street next door to costa del sol.
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 06:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
There was a place listed here that was right on the main street next door to costa del sol.

Yea, I've seen that one posted for quite some time. I'm hoping for something out of town; either north or south, not really in town.
mjs
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 09:14 AM

You're probably going to have to plan a trip to spend a few days there just to drive around and look for for sale signs.

We made multiple trips to Baja when we got serious about buying something. Just pulling off the highway when we saw a sign to explore the area. Sometimes we were able to tour a house but many times we could only eliminate a prospect or get a number to call for follow up. We ended up with a nice house in a great camp. Surprisingly in an area of Baja that wasn't even high in our search criteria.

There's no MLS and the "realtors " are unregulated. The ones we met seemed to be more about helping themselves than their clients. Sellers or buyers. YMMV.
bkbend
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 11:21 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mjs  
You're probably going to have to plan a trip to spend a few days there just to drive around and look for for sale signs.

There's no MLS and the "realtors " are unregulated. The ones we met seemed to be more about helping themselves than their clients. Sellers or buyers. YMMV.

Yes, get on the ground. If a house has a sign, ask a neighbor if someone has a key to show it. They can also give you some insight to the area. Ask at the Museo, there's generally a different person each day and they live in different areas and may know of something where they live. Check for flyers at the grocery stores.
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 12:15 PM

Thanks for the tips. My wife and I just sold a house in Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca. We know all about realtors in Mexico. Most of the places I'm looking at in Baja Sur are all covered by the Craigslist there. Just nothing similar in Baja Norte. I've been traveling to LA Bay since the mid 80's and Chivato, Mulege, San Sebastian, and La Ventana since then too. I enjoy spearfishing and, other than a few choice spots, BOLA was always one of my favorite places.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 01:08 PM

Maybe private message (u2u) Nomads who have homes there, although most don't post much on Nomad anymore... ?

On Facebook, there is a 'BahíaDeLosAngeles.Info' group page you may join and ask or seek info: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1438046299836992

Best of luck... I really like that region of Baja, and not for the typical gulf water fishing reasons (but that is great, too)... the history and desert beauty is huge around there!

[Edited on 12-19-2020 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

AndyP
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 01:26 PM

Just curious, why did you sell your place in Oaxaca? I've been there a few times and always really liked it.

Quote: Originally posted by Timinator  
Thanks for the tips. My wife and I just sold a house in Puerto Escondido, Oaxaca. We know all about realtors in Mexico. Most of the places I'm looking at in Baja Sur are all covered by the Craigslist there. Just nothing similar in Baja Norte. I've been traveling to LA Bay since the mid 80's and Chivato, Mulege, San Sebastian, and La Ventana since then too. I enjoy spearfishing and, other than a few choice spots, BOLA was always one of my favorite places.
bkbend
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 04:14 PM

I've seen stuff occasionally in Craigslist Tijuana, only one currently is the one mentioned above, and one guy down there had his place listed in San Diego since that's where some of the target audience lives.
Terry28
Senior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 05:57 PM

The guy that is currently running the VIlla Bahia and is buying it is into real estate there...I think his name is Cheva....He will know...

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 06:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AndyP  
Just curious, why did you sell your place in Oaxaca? I've been there a few times and always really liked it.

The spearfishing sucks! The place is pretty sweet, just not the solitude like Baja. We had a real nice place right over the water, but the reefs there are fished every day and every night by fishermen and there just isn't the structure under water there like in Baja. So the spearfishing, at least as deep as I can go, is minimal.

AndyP
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 06:50 PM

Got it, thanks. Some of the most idyllic, romantic weeks of my life were spent with my wife in Mazunte.

But by far the best trip of my life was a couple months spent kayaking from Bahia de Los Angeles to La Paz, so I guess maybe I agree with you. And I loved catching dinner fish with my spear.

Quote: Originally posted by AndyP  

The spearfishing sucks! The place is pretty sweet, just not the solitude like Baja. We had a real nice place right over the water, but the reefs there are fished every day and every night by fishermen and there just isn't the structure under water there like in Baja. So the spearfishing, at least as deep as I can go, is minimal.

freediverbrian
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 07:27 PM

I have a place in Gonzaga and the spearfishing sucks here too. Wink wink. Find a place you like with or with out fish. You with time in the water will figure it out. What matters the most is that you like the house, neighbors, and community. Good luck!!
24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 12-19-2020 at 12:07 PM

There is a nice place in Daggets and several trailer, palapa combos in Rincon area. Pm me your email and I will send a Maryslist email with info. Connie
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2020 at 02:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by freediverbrian  
I have a place in Gonzaga and the spearfishing sucks here too. Wink wink. Find a place you like with or with out fish. You with time in the water will figure it out. What matters the most is that you like the house, neighbors, and community. Good luck!!

Yea, I know you have to spend time in the water. I've always found fish in Baja. I've been spearfishing since the early '70's. All dues have been paid.
Timinator
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2021 at 09:40 AM

Anybody know of any houses for sale in BOLA? I'm still looking, although it slowed considerably during Covid. But I'm back in the hunt. Any help would be nice. Bay front house or nice trailer.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2021 at 05:23 PM

Did you ever email 24baja above? Looks like she might be of some help?
HeyMulegeScott
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-15-2021 at 11:52 AM

Anybody know of any houses for sale in BOLA? I'm still looking, although it slowed considerably during Covid. But I'm back in the hunt. Any help would be nice. Bay front house or nice trailer.

You might contact Reuben at Daggett's to see if anyone is selling there. My parents friends sold a nice house there last year and they just had a sign out with their email address. No online listing. https://www.facebook.com/campodaggetts

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.