BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  14
Author: Subject: ALERT! Mary Ann Humfreville is MISSING (L.A. Bay area)
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 02:27 PM
ALERT! Mary Ann Humfreville is MISSING (L.A. Bay area)

Bahía de los Angeles Nomads and Nomad lurkers......................

I just received this on Messenger:

Hi David. I'm Kevin Humfreville, son of Mike and Mary Ann, I hope you remember me. I'm writing because I don't know what else to do, but I know you have a lot of Baja connections.

I just found out this morning that my mom has been missing from the Baja house for 2 days now.

Her and her car are gone, but her cat and dog are still at the house. Not something that she would do.

Carol Mears, her friend in BOLA let my brother Mike know, and he got ahold of me. Carol said the police were notified and a report was made. Sorry to dump, we're just not sure what to do so we're looking for anything.

1998 Red Ford F-150 Calif. 7A92402

The only recent photos are not too recent, but I did visit with her in 2017

2020 Photos:

In 2005, with Mike Humfreville:

In 2003:

[Edited on 12-23-2020 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 03:03 PM

Please share or pass along this request from Kevin.

Some of you may have come to know Mary Ann through her husband's writing and their love story with Bahía de los Angeles...

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 03:23 PM

Just in from Kevin "Carol said they’re sending up a plane to look for her and the truck"

Carol posts on Nomad using her husband's sign in, RogerMears, the off-road racer from many years ago.

A more recent photo just added on Facebook:

MaryAnn.jpg - 9kB

[Edited on 12-18-2020 by David K]

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 03:50 PM
More...

From a Nomad:

MaryAnn-2.jpg - 15kB

[Edited on 12-18-2020 by David K]

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 05:02 PM

While looking for photos of the red truck, I found one taken for M.A. and I, in 2011 when she came by my house to collect cases of Mike's book I had saved for her from the publisher's warehouse...

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 05:29 PM

*Mary Ann Humfreville, 74 (soon), 5'4", short grey hair, does not speak Spanish.
* 1998 Ford F-150, red, California plates 7A92402

Full time resident in Bahia de Los Angeles.
Last spoke to her son via phone on Wed, Dec. 16, 3:30 pm.
Didn't meet for breakfast meeting Thursday morning.
Friends found her and her truck missing from home. Her dog and cat left in the house.

I've posted on FB Talk Baja, waiting for post approval on Denuncia Ciudadana San Quintin. I posted my personal fb page in Spanish for my friends who live up and down Hwy. 1
The more eyeballs we can have out for her and her truck the better.

Let's bring Mary Ann home.

P>*)))>{

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 05:43 PM

I'm hoping a mechanical problem has her waiting for a repair and unable to return phone calls or a delay in communicating with family and not an emergency.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 06:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  
I'm hoping a mechanical problem has her waiting for a repair and unable to return phone calls or a delay in communicating with family and not an emergency.

X2

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 06:37 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Paulina  
*Mary Ann Humfreville, 74 (soon), 5'4", short grey hair, does not speak Spanish.
* 1998 Ford F-150, red, California plates 7A92402

Full time resident in Bahia de Los Angeles.
Last spoke to her son via phone on Wed, Dec. 16, 3:30 pm.
Didn't meet for breakfast meeting Thursday morning.
Friends found her and her truck missing from home. Her dog and cat left in the house.

I've posted on FB Talk Baja, waiting for post approval on Denuncia Ciudadana San Quintin. I posted my personal fb page in Spanish for my friends who live up and down Hwy. 1
The more eyeballs we can have out for her and her truck the better.

Let's bring Mary Ann home.

P>*)))>{

I approved your post on Denuncia Ciudadana San Quintin. Will try to keep the post up at the top there and on Talk Baja...

dboyd3852

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 07:18 PM
Mary Ann Humfreville

My husband, John, and I are very good friends of Mary Ann and her late husband, Mike. We are from the Los Angeles/San Diego area and have known them for over 40 years and have been to Bahia de Los Angeles many times with them. She has stayed with us many times on her way to and from Bahia as we live in Chula Vista right by the border. We always love having her here and hearing about her adventures in Bahia. We are devastated by the news of her missing and are praying she is found safe and sound. I spoke to her personally about 2 weeks ago and she was her typical Mary Ann self. If anyone needs ANYTHING from us up here, please let us know. There are several of us who would be willing to do anything to help. I will be checking this site frequently for updates. Kevin and Mike...we love you and WE LOVE YOU, MARY ANN! i
dboyd3852

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 07:21 PM
Mary Ann Humfreville

Forgot to say our names...John and Devon Boyd.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 08:05 PM
Mary Ann in 2020

Thanks Connie for this photo on her birthday...

MaryAnn-3.jpg - 75kB

Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 08:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  
Quote: Originally posted by Ken Cooke  

X2

Thank you Ken and Matt. She last spoke to family and messaged a friend on Wednesday between 3:30- 4pm. She would not have left for Guerrero Negro that late in the afternoon, nor without letting someone know. She didn't show up for a breakfast group on Thursday morning. She also wouldn't have left her dog home if she were leaving the house for anywhere other than a trip to town.

P>*)))>{

\"Well behaved women rarely make history.\" Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Sunman
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-18-2020 at 08:52 PM

Heading south tomorrow, will keep an eye out for that truck between Mexicali and Gonzaga. Heading into BOLA area Sunday and will be on the lookout between Gonzaga and there.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2020 at 09:06 AM

Did she have health issues?

Was she a desert explorer or pretty much a homebody?
24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 12-19-2020 at 09:29 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  
Did she have health issues?

Was she a desert explorer or pretty much a homebody?

No health issues that I have heard about, not much of a desert explorer very much a homebody. She goes to Train on tuesdays, lunch or cards with friends and saturday breakfast at Alejandrinas. She would not leave without letting someone know and would not leave for long without her loyal pets.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2020 at 11:01 AM

Hope everything turns out good, very sad to read. I have read and reread their book several times over the years. Although I didn't know it until now I met Mary and a group of her friends several years ago in BOLA while having breakfast. I spent the whole time talking with them and felt like we were old friends by the time I left. What a wonderful person and a pray all turns out good.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2020 at 11:18 AM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
Hope everything turns out good, very sad to read. I have read and reread their book several times over the years. Although I didn't know it until now I met Mary and a group of her friends several years ago in BOLA while having breakfast. I spent the whole time talking with them and felt like we were old friends by the time I left. What a wonderful person and a pray all turns out good.

That was so lucky to have shared the time.
Mary Ann and Mike met each other, as I recall, at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena. They helped get our spacecraft to Mars.

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Topped
12-19-2020 at 03:27 PM
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2020 at 04:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by advrider  

That was so lucky to have shared the time.
Mary Ann and Mike met each other, as I recall, at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena. They helped get our spacecraft to Mars.

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-19-2020 at 05:01 PM

That's interesting. I never really knew how they met. Wonderful people!

Praying that Mary Ann is OK !!

[Edited on 12-20-2020 by Bob H]

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
 Pages:  1    3  ..  14

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.