Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Dentist recommendation por favor
ReTire
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2020 at 11:10 AM
Dentist recommendation por favor

Looking for recommended dentist in Baja. Not really sure what city would be best. Easy to find a flight to Cabo. But Mexicali or perhaps getting a ride to La Paz from Cabo.
Just not practical to drive down for every appointment (as much as I like the idea of that!)
Cancamo
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2020 at 11:57 AM

If you are willing to drive to Mexicali, a bit farther east is Algodones, the capital of dentistry serving those from NOB. Many very good options there specializing in more affordable procedures for folks from the english speaking side of the border. Lots of Canadians and US Citizens been going there for years.
RocketJSquirrel
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2020 at 12:09 PM

Just one of many websites about dentistry in Algodones.

https://www.dentistsofalgodones.com/
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 12-27-2020 at 12:15 PM

I had dental work performed in Puerto Penasco in 1999, and again in 2007 in Melaque on the mainland. Based on the quality, and price of the work, I was encouraged to find a dentist in La Paz when I stayed there in 2014.

I have been very pleased with my dentist there! Her talent, equipment, and training is first rate and up to date!

Having said that, if I lived closer to the border I would find a clinic there. There are many to work with, and their rates are better than La Paz or Cabo.

If flying south to get the work done is something you look forward to, I would check out a mainland dentist!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2020 at 12:19 PM

By the way, if you choose Algodones, you can park in Arizona, and walk to your dental clinic.

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
ReTire
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2020 at 12:22 PM

Wow! Had absolutely no knowledge of Algodones, “The Dental Center of Mexico”. If anyone has any recommendation for one there, that would be great.
Not sure if I can catch a direct flight to Yuma, but I will investigate.
Thank you for the information.
cactuspete1970

[*] posted on 12-27-2020 at 12:44 PM

Dr Zurita
1-928-257-4362
Algodones
Has website
ReTire
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2020 at 01:59 PM

Dr Zurita. Copy. Thanks
C205Driver
Nomad

Mood: Life is Good

[*] posted on 12-27-2020 at 02:38 PM

.... on this forum I found David Ugarte, DDS as referred to me by another poster. US Citizen raised in Kalifornia & now living in Mexicali.... Exceptional chairside manners, great English speaking staff, 1/2 block across the border in Mexicali... You can probably find less costly service but don’t think you will find better service....As a side note I personally had enough of the dental work in Los Algadones ( 3 different dentists )....YMMV....Adrien
ReTire
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2020 at 03:01 PM

Care to elaborate on the Algodones dental situation?
C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2020 at 03:12 PM

..... I’m not positive but I believe that there are between 300-400 dentist in Los Algadones... And a LOT of them are fresh in the field getting experience... Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don’t; for me 1 good experience & 1 bad experience with the same dentist & 2 other unsatisfactory results caused me to look elsewhere.... Los Algadones was very convenient as we volunteered camphosting along the Colorado River just North of Yuma.... If’s you desire more information you can message me with your phone number & I’ll contact you....
ReTire
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 07:42 AM

I understand. So good to find one that has been established is Algodones for a while then.
C205Driver
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 09:13 AM

Ugarte is in Mexicali
RocketJSquirrel
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 11:27 AM

For anyplace, I'd look for reviews before trying a dentist or any sort of professional service. Of course, here is a good place to get those reviews too. But if you get serious, Google around and see what you find.

[Edited on 12-28-2020 by RocketJSquirrel]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 11:41 AM

Retire....check your U2U inbox

ReTire
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 12:43 PM

My dental work is probably not considered essential. So I have some time to research.
Besides, dental work is easy to put off until pain sets in!

Thanks for the feedback
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2020 at 03:26 PM

Sammy has been my dentist since my kids were 12 and they are now 37! I really like him because he is so reasonable and his theme is NO PAIN. The man has the hands of an angel.

He is located in TJ, in front of the wax museum and Calle Primera is the one with the HUGE white arch.

Dr. Samuel Gomez, DDS

My practice is reconstructive and cosmetic dentistry, I have 30 years total experience, 25 of them in the same location near the US...

Phone: 52 (664) 685-4095

Location: 8236 Calle Primera between Avenida Revolucion y Madero Street, Tijuana, Baja California, 22000

Dr. Samuel Gomez, DDS - Home | Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/Dr-Samuel-Gomez-DDS-144612115555205

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2020 at 09:33 PM

Dental Betel in Los Algodonas. All women staff, very professional. Look them up on google for reviews.
ReTire
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2020 at 08:55 AM

Thank you for those additional recommendations. I was looking at a google map of los algones and did not see dental betel.
I did not consider TJ. Easy to get to for me coming from OR. I like his no pain motto!
How is TJ? I avoided it for my 1st land crossing last year. Congestion, caravan.....
bajarich
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2020 at 10:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by ReTire  
Thank you for those additional recommendations. I was looking at a google map of los algones and did not see dental betel.
I did not consider TJ. Easy to get to for me coming from OR. I like his no pain motto!
How is TJ? I avoided it for my 1st land crossing last year. Congestion, caravan.....

Dental Betal
187 saratoga st los algodonas baja norte mexico
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.