Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Covid-19 testing
elfbrewery
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-27-2020 at 12:03 PM
Covid-19 testing

Maybe this question has been asked/answered already, but does anyone know where in BCS one can get a Covid-19 test?
Many thanks!
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 12-27-2020 at 12:05 PM

In Cabo you can get them at Blue Net, Hospiten, and AMC. Plus, I’m sure a bunch of other places. You have to pay.

I’m sure there are tests available in La Paz and other places as well.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
12-27-2020 at 02:21 PM
elfbrewery
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 11:42 AM

I was hoping for testing somewhere closer to Mulege. More info would be appreciated.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 12:38 PM

Limited testing locations might parallel the availability of medical resources for infected individuals.

What would you do if you were able to get a test and the results were positive....and you were in Mulege area?

Don't believe everything you think....
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 12:59 PM

I wonder if any testing is available at the airport in Loreto?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
elfbrewery
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 01:26 PM

Yes, of course, if someone should test positive, one should know where to go.
I'm beginning to believe self-testing (no kit) is the first recourse, because it may be difficult to get an actual test. I'm hoping someone knows whether Loreto or Santa Rosalia would be able to test and care for someone with Covid. Naturally, it depends on age and health of victim.
Just searching for answers.
Thanks.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 02:35 PM

testing thursdays at the hospital in mulege

im surprised no one in town told you

why do you need a test... are you sick?

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
elfbrewery
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 02:37 PM

Thanks for info. No, I'm not sick. Just was asked this question and decided to find out what I could.
Thank you, Nomads.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 02:50 PM
A reason for testing

If I would have flown back to Anchorage for Christmas with my family, I would have needed to produce a fresh, negative covid19 test at the airport, or be tested right there at my expense. I would also be required to quarantine until the results are confirmed.

I am not sure if the instant tests are now replacing the lab tests. I think Hawaii and other destinations also require a recent test, probably more will follow.

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 02:52 PM

Are you currently in the Mulege area or scouting for (near ?) future travel ?

I hear from Nomads that infections have been reported in Mulege and Bahia Asuncion.... not sure what medical assistance they are getting.

elfbrewery
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 03:27 PM

Here in the Mulege area.
motoged
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 06:33 PM

Have you asked the local health authority about testing? I would imagine they would have current information regarding testing and how many cases have been reported.

Maybe you can be the "boots on the ground" for what you find out about the area and report back to us.

defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2020 at 10:39 AM

Medelab in Loreto is doing them I believe, give them a call to confirm

Address: Calle Ayuntamiento S/N entre Héroes de Independencia y, Padre Kino, Centro, 23880 Loreto, B.C.S., Mexico
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 2PM ⋅ Reopens 4PM
Phone: +52 613 135 2797

https://www.facebook.com/MedelabLoreto/

Driving the PanAmerican Highway
https://www.facebook.com/homeonthehighway/
elfbrewery
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2020 at 11:10 AM

Just heard from a friend and his wife, who got tested a couple months ago, that

"[medical] people came down from Santa Rosalia to do the test [at the clinic in Mulege on Thursdays]. We arrived, went into the clinic, were checked in --Blood pressure, temperature, oxygen level, etc. -- and waited for the test. Two long 'Q-tips', one for the two nostrils, and one for the back of the throat. Samples placed in 'sterile?' tubes. Doctor came and consulted with us; said neither of us had any symptoms but sent us to the 'lab' - owned by his wife - where she took blood samples. Said they would have the Chinavirus test results on Saturday, send them to him and he would contact us. Neither of us showed any of the common symptoms of the virus. We were still living in our 'casita' in town due to the summer heat of early October, so he suggested we stay home and keep quiet. Called Saturday said we had both tested 'positive' and suggested we self-isolate for a week or so and if we started having 'problems' to contact him. We did as advised, never felt ill at all, and after about 10 days from the test, started living life again. We heard later that all nine of those tested that morning were 'positive'. As far as 'treatment', none was offered or needed. Our lifestyle was virtually uninterrupted and corresponded to several others we know who had similar
experiences. "

Golly. Not bad for being 78 years old, too.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2020 at 11:30 AM

Nine out of nine tests were positive? My medical expertise never got past advanced first aid, but I would be willing to bet that all nine of those tested, would now test negative for antibodies!

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2021 at 09:28 AM

Quote: Originally posted by elfbrewery  
Just heard from a friend and his wife, who got tested a couple months ago, that

"[medical] people came down from Santa Rosalia to do the test [at the clinic in Mulege on Thursdays]. We arrived, went into the clinic, were checked in --Blood pressure, temperature, oxygen level, etc. -- and waited for the test. Two long 'Q-tips', one for the two nostrils, and one for the back of the throat. Samples placed in 'sterile?' tubes. Doctor came and consulted with us; said neither of us had any symptoms but sent us to the 'lab' - owned by his wife - where she took blood samples. Said they would have the Chinavirus test results on Saturday, send them to him and he would contact us. Neither of us showed any of the common symptoms of the virus. We were still living in our 'casita' in town due to the summer heat of early October, so he suggested we stay home and keep quiet. Called Saturday said we had both tested 'positive' and suggested we self-isolate for a week or so and if we started having 'problems' to contact him. We did as advised, never felt ill at all, and after about 10 days from the test, started living life again. We heard later that all nine of those tested that morning were 'positive'. As far as 'treatment', none was offered or needed. Our lifestyle was virtually uninterrupted and corresponded to several others we know who had similar
experiences. "

Golly. Not bad for being 78 years old, too.

"chinavirus"? i prefer "trumpvirus" stay well.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2021 at 02:56 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
... I think Hawaii and other destinations also require a recent test, probably more will follow.

They followed indeed. As of 11.59 pm January 6 2021 everybody flying to Canada must show negative test taken within 72 hours prior to boarding the plane. I don't see an exemption for returning citizens or perm residents, so it must be for everybody. Unless you return from UAE or Korea where this is done same day, it could be a problem taking a test and getting a printed result within 72 hours. If you're positive you lose your plane ticket. Ground crossing from the US is still an option for Canadian citizens and PR, which is weird because taking a flight to, say, Seattle and then a shuttle to Vancouver is more exposure. For non-Canadians ground crossing is out of question, trilateral agreement is enforced on this border, non-essentials can only fly - in either direction.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/what-air-traveller...

[Edited on 1-6-2021 by Alm]
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2021 at 04:02 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  

[/rquote]

"chinavirus"? i prefer "trumpvirus" stay well.

X2

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

eastmeetswest
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2021 at 04:16 PM

Back on topic. The Canadian Government has announced as of today, no one can get on a return flight to Canada without a negative Covid test which is less than 72 hours old. Can we start a list of places where we can get the test along with the cost, location and turnaround time?

We will be looking for a test in the San Jose del Cabo area near the end of the month.

Gracias
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 1-7-2021 at 04:26 PM

this may or may not help but up here in northern baja the go to place for testing are Roma pharmacies....they got those down there?
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.