Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: San Ignacio - donations - and more
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 03:13 PM
San Ignacio - donations - and more

Aburruss had offered to bring down little items that Les really wanted...some security lights, some ink for our printer and Thai milk for his curry! Les loves his curry...that is the result of living in Britain!

We agreed to meet in San Ignacio this morning.

Here is the roadwork on the bridge that is still going on, right before you get to the check point headed south, before S.I.

We met up at La Huerta

He not only brought Les's orders from Amazon, but he brought school material and medical equiment too!

The medical donation was dropped off at our local health clinic as soon as we returned to La Bocana. Here are the 2 La Bocana resident doctors:

I had my own donation of syringes to deliver to the San Ignacio health clinic today. When I asked if they needed anything else, they asked for a NEBULIZER. If anyone is coming south, please leave one or two there! Or come to La Bocana.

After the meet up, we went by the main square in San Ignacio and I took these shots of the manger scene. I had never seen this before and how cool that they can leave it out and no one disturbs it.

I forgot to mention breakfast! We were the only ones inside and the food was great, as always. For the record, Les says the huevos rancheros are better at Juanita's in Abreojos but you will have to verify that yourselves.

I had the poblano omelette and it was delish.

Great day all around! Thanks aburruss!!!! We are hoping you and the fam will stop by on your way home in a couple days.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 03:32 PM

Is the manger blocking the mission entrance or does it just look that way??
Thanks for the photos!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 06:29 PM

The Mission church is indeed closed due to Covid.

Last time we were there, we were around the side when the Priest let us check out behind the scenes, his living quarters and kitchen.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
AguaDulce
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 07:02 PM

The less I bring through San Ignacio military checkpoint the less I get hassled
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 07:15 PM

Heading south, they waved us through without stopping the disinfecting they were doing.

Heading north it was a breeze as well.

Aburruss was PACKED TO THE GILLS and had many extra vehicles and 4 kids and his wife. Not sure how his travel thru the checkpoint went. Hopefully he will pipe in when he gets back.

Come visit La Bocana

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 07:20 PM

I forgot to mention that we stopped for a quick minute at Campo Fisher (the turnoff to Punta Abreojos/La Bocana from highway 1) to give Concha some tshirts!

She is the one who runs the coffee stop on highway 1.

Come visit La Bocana

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-28-2020 at 10:55 PM

Good stuff
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-29-2020 at 08:14 AM

Happy New Year Tom!!!

Come visit La Bocana

Mulege Canuck
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2021 at 03:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
I forgot to mention that we stopped for a quick minute at Campo Fisher (the turnoff to Punta Abreojos/La Bocana from highway 1) to give Concha some tshirts!

She is the one who runs the coffee stop on highway 1.

What is the food like at that place? I have never stopped there.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2021 at 06:10 PM

Boy, good question but we have never eaten there. Plenty of truck drivers do.

I had a student in La Paz buy the nebulizer. My good friend DW sponsored it. San Ignacio health clinic will be happy!

I understand that one needs a prescription for one in the U.S.
Not here and they are sold in pharmacies.

Come visit La Bocana

RocketJSquirrel
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2021 at 06:22 PM

Thank you, Blanca, for the good work you do.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-6-2021 at 11:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Happy New Year Tom!!!

I somehow missed this but you and Les have been in my thoughts, especially his polish sausage. As soon as I can I want to come down to visit with you. It has been over a year since I've been to Baja and I miss it. The friendly folks, the great food. I can't wait to get a tamale or two at a gas station. The excellent scenery and beautiful beaches along the coast. I miss it all.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-7-2021 at 08:07 AM

Lencho, that is what I was told, but I dare say, I believe you are correct in that assessment. I bet they thought I was referring to the CPAP! I know you do need a prescription for that.

TMW Baja is so empty right now. You barely see another car when you are on highway 1.

We have been steadily busy - both Mexican families from surrounding areas and Americans have been coming.

Have a great one RS!

[Edited on 1-9-2021 by BajaBlanca]

Come visit La Bocana

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.