BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  14
Author: Subject: Who has gotten covid and survived?
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2021 at 09:44 AM

Just spoke to a co-worker. She and her husband got it from a family member. She said 12 people were infected by one person. She and her husband are in their early 50s and both very healthy.

She was in the hospital for 5 days and her husband was in intensive care but no ventilator for a week. Both of them still struggle to walk around the block.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2021 at 09:57 AM

aburruss What a great ending to your mom and gma getting the virus!

wiltonh I had a doctor once who also said that if the body is fighting illness with a fever, let it go unless it really gets out of control and then a cool (not cold) shower.

Since this thread started, a friend from when I was 10 and she was 8 got Covid. She is diabetic and got double pneumonia but survived. She says having a hospital bed at home that rises helped her a lot.

The upside? She and her husband are coming to visit us in March. She decided that 45 years without seeing each other was long enough! I am thrilled!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 1-23-2021 at 01:33 PM

My wife's uncle and his family just told us they got it. They are in their sixties. It was mild for them.

My son who just went off to college last week told my wife this morning he has flu like symptoms. Fever and body aches.

It seems to be everywhere.

[Edited on 1-23-2021 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-23-2021 at 02:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
My wife's uncle and his family just told us they got it. They are in their sixties. It was mild for them.

My son who just went off to college last week told my wife this morning he has flu like symptoms. Fever and body aches.

I hope your son and in-laws don’t die. Were they masking and social distancing? Or were they being careless like you?

The new South African covid strain is reported to be much more severe....

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2021 at 02:09 PM

My 92 year old stepmom and two of her sons got COVID. One of the sons died in hospital Monday here in San Diego. One son came home from hospital yesterday with oxygen. Step mon is still in but condition is improving. 414,000 deaths. So far. Sad.

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 1-23-2021 at 02:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
[/rquote]

I hope your son and in-laws don’t die. Were they masking and social distancing? Or were they being careless like you?

The new South African covid strain is reported to be much more severe....

Traveling, in and of itself, isn't careless. It's what you do when you travel. Same as if you are in your home town. That's what you don't get. Sit in your basement all you want. Just stfu about what other ppl do.

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2021 at 02:16 PM

Please don't just assume it's covid. Has he been tested? It is flu season as well. Don't jump to conclusions without some facts about his illness. Have your son get a real diagnosis and not just telling mom he has "flu like" symptoms. Probably just a hangover IMHO.

There is more than enough misinformation broadcast here on BN. Try not to add to it.

John
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 1-23-2021 at 02:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

Please don't just assume it's covid. Has he been tested? It is flu season as well. Don't jump to conclusions without some facts about his illness. Have your son get a real diagnosis and not just telling mom he has "flu like" symptoms. Probably just a hangover IMHO.

There is more than enough misinformation broadcast here on BN. Try not to add to it.

John

I purposely didn't say it is Covid. He will get tested every week at school.

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2021 at 05:39 PM

OMG elgatoloco

Sad sad sad about your stepbrothers and stepMom.

May he RIP

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2021 at 07:02 PM

Traveling, in and of itself, isn't careless. It's what you do when you travel. Same as if you are in your home town. That's what you don't get. Sit in your basement all you want. Just stfu about what other ppl do.

The trouble is - Nobody gets covid from themselves. Every one of them got infected from someone else. So your actions don't magically stop at you, they have the potential to infect or get you infected. lets remember that current data say that over 40% of infections came from someone who was asymptomatic at the time!
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 1-23-2021 at 09:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by caj13  
[

The trouble is - Nobody gets covid from themselves. Every one of them got infected from someone else. So your actions don't magically stop at you, they have the potential to infect or get you infected. lets remember that current data say that over 40% of infections came from someone who was asymptomatic at the time!

Agreed. My point stands.

rzitren
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2021 at 07:32 AM

My wife and sister tested positive. Very mild to no symptoms. both in their sixties but in good health. Traced to a friend of my sister. Both my sister's husband and myself tested negative twice. Once my wife tested positive and I tested negative I stayed in another part of the house. Most restful 2 weeks I have had in a long time but don't tell her.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2021 at 07:48 AM

one out of 13 americans is infected. still think its a hoax ? we can thank
whinyb-tchmcbonespurs.
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2021 at 11:38 AM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
whinyb-tchmcbonespurs.

More people dead than US soldiers killed in WW2. (just passed that landmark today BTW) Over the last week, More people dying EVERY DAY than were killed in 9-11.

and we still have to struggle with antimask denyers.

How do you look at those numbers and think - "it's my right to not wear a mask in public"?

it's not that hard - and BTW - it covers both the mouth and nose for you still too stupid to grasp the concept!
Tioloco
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 1-25-2021 at 02:08 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
whinyb-tchmcbonespurs.

This virus is curable and will be stamped out. 1 out of 13 have contracted it and most have made full recovery. Eventually, most people will have been exposed to it.
Yes, it is serious. No, your inflammation is not helpful.

[Edited on 1-25-2021 by Tioloco]

[Edited on 1-25-2021 by Tioloco]
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 1-25-2021 at 02:46 PM

dis·ease
/dəˈzēz/

noun:
A disorder of structure or function in a human, animal, or plant, especially one that produces specific signs or symptoms or that affects a specific location and is not simply a direct result of physical injury.

Similar:

illness
sickness
ill health
infection
ailment
malady
disorder
complaint
affliction
condition
indisposition
upset
problem
trouble
infirmity
disability
defect
abnormality
pestilence
plague
cancer
canker
blight
bug
virus
lurgy
wog
contagion

A particular quality, habit, or disposition regarded as adversely affecting a person or group of people.

Don't believe everything you think....
Tioloco
Super Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 1-25-2021 at 02:48 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  
It is a virus not a disease.

COVID-19 is not a disease?

Now I'm confused: What exactly does that name mean, then? :?:

My bad- It can be called a disease. It can be called a plague. Call it whatever you want. Every country is struggling to contain it. But it will be gone sooner or later.
caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2021 at 03:18 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  
My bad- It can be called a disease.

Huh? COVID-19 stands for "CoronaVirus Disease-(20)19". It's part of the name.

But you gotta have known that; I must be totally missing your point.

Just go away? seriously? not soon enough for 420,000 lost souls.

waiting for it to go away - why are you surrendering? we need everyone fighting like hell to get control of this, not people saying - uh no big deal it will go away - reminds of some orange overstuffed beanbag prognosticating when this thing had killed less than 25000.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 1-25-2021 at 03:25 PM
"Wog" is a disease?

Ged, that was a long list of synonyms, and Wog was a new word for me. When I looked it up, it comes up as a British and Australian derogatory term for a non-white person.

I wasn't aware that condition was contagious!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 1-25-2021 at 04:26 PM

heck up in los angeles they're rockin' their own strain CAL.20C and not even sure if the vaccine will be effective! sure come on down:(
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  14

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.