Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Forming Mexican Corporation
BajaDave
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2021 at 07:39 PM
Forming Mexican Corporation

I'd like to set up a Mexican corporation to purchase and hold land. It is not for a residence and is too large for a Fideicomiso. Does anyone here have experience with this who can recommend an abogado that specializes in this?

Ensenada/Mexicali/San Felipe area preferred, but beggars can't be choosers, right?

Thanks!
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-11-2021 at 08:53 PM

Raphael Solorzano 664-188-7001 from within Mexico, or dial 011-521-664-188-7001 from abroad

BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2021 at 03:18 PM

To form my AZ Corp for $50.00 as compared to $800 in Cali, you need to get creative first:

Printed version of Corporate Bylaws
Printed version of Corporate policy & procedures

Es Todo Bueno
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2021 at 07:07 PM

hola,

it was very expensive for me to form my mexican corporation in 2007, $ 2,000.00 U.S. plus, and took months, possibly due to doing business in mexico during the christmas holiday, for sure, and errors on my and my son's name on the corporation papers and a power of attorney..

READ YOUR DOCUMENTS CAREFULLY as my understanding is, all papers must be sent to mexico city and any following corrections as well.

i had to use a NOTARIO to set it up, not an abogado. notary publics in mexico are a class above abogados.

maybe things have changed ?

someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2021 at 08:19 PM

It's true you make a mx Coro through Notario and everything must be 100% how you want, it is very expensive and problematic or impossible to correct later, or you have to carry ammendments. So, a lawyer may be able to help you, you need to know all the things you want to do business wise and how the company will be formed. A few free calls with lawyers and Notarios as information prior might help avoid pain later.

[Edited on 1-13-2021 by gnukid]
medium Cool

[*] posted on 1-12-2021 at 08:48 PM

Mexico is not run like anything you are used to in the USA. Whatever you do in Mexico, make sure you can walk away from it! Not sounding an alarm here, just saying, conceptual thinking dirived from the United States, is not relevant in Ol' Mexico.
Think long and deep regarding your ultimate goal, thier are many examples of big investments not being wise decisions. That said, if you are up for 'fighting local ejido politics, paying for local knowledge' you can enjoy yourself. Plan to align yourself with a respected local authority and don't act like an ugly american, plan to pay as you go.
Don't mean to rain on your parade, but, the enviornment is different, your will can be tested, your ultimate goal should be thought out
Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 07:20 AM

Be aware that Mexican corporations are required to submit MONTHLY accounting, even if there is no activity taking place, which sounds like this case to "hold" land. Accounting must be done/submitted by a Mexican accountant. Monthly accounting fees will continue for as long as you hold the corporation.

And last I knew, it was illegal to have a corporation that was inactive simply to hold land. Maybe things have changed. Maybe not.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.