BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  6
Author: Subject: Bahia Asunción, Punta Prieta, San Hipolito to close borders, lockdown to stop COVID-19
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

exclamation.gif posted on 1-12-2021 at 12:45 PM
Bahia Asunción, Punta Prieta, San Hipolito to close borders, lockdown to stop COVID-19

Bahia Asunción, Punta Prieta, San Hipolito to close borders, lockdown to stop COVID-19

https://www.bcsnoticias.mx/tras-brote-de-covid-bahia-asuncio...

[Edited on 1-12-2021 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2021 at 01:46 PM

shari should check in.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2021 at 03:23 PM

Many cases now in La Bocana, I heard this morning. Everyone who gets sick stays home but who knows how many got infected in the days before that.

I know it was bound to happen but ughhhhhhhhhh

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2021 at 03:35 PM

hopefully information like this will be a wakeup call for reckless travelers who feel mexico is their personal, consequence-free playground. please, stay the f home!

[Edited on 1-12-2021 by pacificobob]
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 1-12-2021 at 09:15 PM

Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  
hopefully information like this will be a wakeup call for reckless travelers who feel mexico is their personal, consequence-free playground. please, stay the f home!

X 1000 and maybe Mexico should take a closer look at the free for all drive/fly thru/across the border. With 2 to 300,000 new cases a DAY in the US is simply disgusting.

Just because you are all off on your own on some deserted beach camping doesn't mean you teleported there and back. You have to have a bunch of contact going to and from.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 1-12-2021 at 09:46 PM

You can’t contain a virus like this. It was inevitable.

Close up until you can deal with it. Then open back up.

Life must go on. Take all the safety steps you can.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

aburruss
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2021 at 09:52 PM

If I'm on a drive down Baja to get to said "deserted beach", how is that putting anyone at risk? If masks work, then let's all wear masks and not worry about things.

EVERY business has mask mandates in place. If I stop for fuel, I'm not putting anyone at risk as the attendant fills my tank. If I stop at a OXXO, I must wear a mask, and the people working there must wear a mask. If I stop at a restaurant (which is open for Mexican locals already), they are wearing masks, and I must as well.

On my last trip down to Baja Sur, I wore a mask any time I was out in public, around anyone. Even (and ESPECIALLY) when the locals were NOT wearing masks, and I had to be in close proximity to them.

Maybe its the locals, as much as the visitors, who are walking around without any care of masks? I had a flat tire and went to a tire shop. The main guy at the shop, his family and friends, and a few other locals were standing around, sans-masks. I wore mine the entire time. The spread and any risk had NOTHING to do with me. The tire shop will be open regardless of whether or not I go there.

I really don't see ANYONE who is treating Mexico as a personal consequence-free playground, any more than they are treating their hometowns as such.

I should be extremely careful, for the sake of others. Others should be extremely careful for the sake of me.

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  
Quote: Originally posted by pacificobob  

Just because you are all off on your own on some deserted beach camping doesn't mean you teleported there and back. You have to have a bunch of contact going to and from.
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 1-12-2021 at 10:43 PM

Very well said aburruss.

No reasonable person believes this virus isn't really serious.

We have to live with it, and be very cautious.

[Edited on 1-13-2021 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
1-13-2021 at 12:32 AM
DouglasP
Nomad

Mood: Goat hunter.

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 05:39 AM

Could not agree more with aburruss.

I like beer, better than most people.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 07:31 AM

don't kid yourself. not everyone camps on a deserted beach, and never comes
within 2 meters of another person not in their group. driving past the hotel California any afternoon and one can see loads of maskless tourists getting those important selfies.
DouglasP
Nomad

Mood: Goat hunter.

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 07:39 AM

Probably so. I can only be responsible for myself.

I like beer, better than most people.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 08:55 AM

People get colds and flu every year, this year there is no cold or flu, just covid?
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 08:57 AM

Here in beautiful Bahia Asuncion we dodged the bullet for sooo long but the holidays proved to be fatal for a few.

People in town have followed protocol in the stores since the beginning, masked, hand washing and gel application.

But December is when people have quinceneras, baptisms and lots of family gatherings and parties. The outbreak here of 15 cases last week..at least...is thought to have been brought in by a sick antie from Ensenada who attended a baptism... so church service and big party after where several big families became infected. Most of the sick recovered now but some weren't so lucky. People infected had no contact with tourists at all.

It was inevitable and as I predicted spread rapidly throughout the families over Christmas & New Years. Now people are taking it more serious of course and staying home in their bubble.

Here at our Inn, we also follow protocol with temperatures taken, gel for hands, extra cleaning & disinfecting & most guests are masked & have either been tested or vaccinated and practice social distancing unless they are families or travel together.

There is no roadblock or even a health checkpoint here. People have been told to not travel between the fish camps as there are infections there. The restaurants are closed again and only open for take out or pick up but all the stores are open.

[Edited on 1-13-2021 by shari]

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 10:35 AM

Thank you for the update, Shari!
I am so sorry for the losses in town... It sounded like it was totally avoidable, too.
Hang in there...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 10:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Maybe masks don't contain this virus? For almost a year we humans have been wearing masks, gloves, social distancing... yet the spread is excellerating. Sure not everyone is bothering with this, but overall, when in public, most are. So, why is it spreading still?

David, I believe you meant "accelerate".

NOT everyone is wearing masks (which are a preventative measure....not a guarantee....as there is no zero on any risk dial).

It is spreading because it's management is very difficult and a significant number of people do not do their best to follow suggested health protocols....and some still seriously minimize transmission risks.

We see justifications of this daily on BN.

Hope you and yours stay healthy.

[Edited on 1-13-2021 by motoged]

Don't believe everything you think....
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 11:49 AM

The numbers should have been going down since we all began masking, social spacing, etc., was my thoughts.

They "are" or "were" your thoughts :light:

Good extrapolative cognition.....however the reality of spreader behaviours beats the reduction curve.

I encourage you to trust science a bit more.

Grammar and spelling tips are free. ;)

Don't believe everything you think....
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 12:39 PM

Yes, accelerate, thanks!
Not everyone is masked 100%, right... but people in huge numbers and everyone in public down here in SoCal is... so why are the numbers not reflecting the new way to behave in public? The numbers should have been going down since we all began masking, social spacing, etc., was my thoughts.

Demographics seem to be a big factor. I suspect most of us on this forum live in small households where isolation is more easily achieved and if we still work it is not in service or manufacturing where on the job isolation is difficult and where workers carpool or use public transit to get to work. People in those categories also tend to live in larger households which are more vulnerable. Retail and supermarket workers are also more exposed and it appears that many of those infected are asymptomatic. There are no easy answers to the questions you pose but it certainly has become clear that the virus is exceedingly opportunistic. My county, San Luis Obispo, has until recently not been as hard hit as other areas but that has changed dramatically. To me it seemed inevitable, our beaches have been packed with out of the area folks and we are on a major highway connecting Northern and Southern Ca. Until recently most people at the gas pumps have not been masked.

Just my observations locally since I have not been out of this county for almost a year.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 02:17 PM

Good observation Kurt!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 04:10 PM

Yes, accelerate, thanks!
Not everyone is masked 100%, right... but people in huge numbers and everyone in public down here in SoCal is... so why are the numbers not reflecting the new way to behave in public? The numbers should have been going down since we all began masking, social spacing, etc., was my thoughts.

Because all it takes is a few people not adhering to precautions, (and it isn't true that everyone in So Cal is, there are plenty of videos of anti-maskers provoking confrontations in public places) to exponentially and quickly spread the virus. "Most" wearing masks and distancing isn't good enough. And if no one was taking precautions, everyone would be infected, which isn't the case. That shouldn't be so hard to understand.

[Edited on 1-13-2021 by surabi]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 04:29 PM

There's more to it. People wearing masks are getting it (per reports here), so isolation is really the best bet, it would seem. The problem is that we don't live in a bubble and we don't have everything we need produced on our property, as it was on a farm.

Still, nobody in my extended family has gotten it, yet... We range in age from 6 months to 87 years.

Pages:  1    3  ..  6

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.