[*] posted on 1-12-2021 at 08:04 PM
Wireless security cameras

Looking to buy a home security camera .
Anybody have one they would recommend?

Thanks ligui
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-12-2021 at 11:11 PM

We use Arlo. Sold at Costco. $300? Three cameras. Wireless. Easy to use. App on phone controls it all.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 11:17 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
We use Arlo. Sold at Costco. $300? Three cameras. Wireless. Easy to use. App on phone controls it all.

That brand hasn't had very good reviews.....upfront purchase price.....and then a necessary subscription plan following shortly after purchase. What has your experience been like with the hidden subscription costs, etc ?

Don't believe everything you think....
BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 11:21 AM

Blink, on amazon. Not great. But, ok.
karenintx
Senior Nomad

Mood: Living The Dream

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 01:21 PM

Wyze Security Camera.

What's great about this system, if/when the electricity or Internet goes down this camera will start working without having to have a human to push/reset any buttons.

Cost around $30 per camera. We have several around our home in US & BCS.

https://www.amazon.com/Wyze-Indoor-Wireless-Detection-Assist...
scouter
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 01:37 PM

We have ARLO on a couple homes one is very remote and we run the system on a AT&T hot spot we have had very little issues once we learned how to use them... the costs are very minimal compared to the systems we run on our buildings.

I personally set the ARLO systems up myself and Im a Old Fart non IT type. so its easy .... the nice thing is there WIFI so you can hide them and its interesting what we see when we are nor around....the fact that some are visible are a deterrent according to the local LEA's

I had to turn off notifications because the wild animals were setting them off....foxs bobcats coyotes birds etc etc.
bajafreaks
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days !!!

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 04:03 PM

I have a nest camera bought it at walmart $100.00 although its not 100% wireless, you need to plug into a power source but wireless wi-fi. We have it on our place in Los Barriles and works great...look at it all the time on my phone.
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 04:49 PM

Thanks everyone I'll be checking them out. :bounce:
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 06:36 PM

dont buy wireless

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 08:08 PM

My NOB home has the 8 camera Swann from Costco. It was north of a grand, but it is 4k and has very good IR night shots.

The BCS home will be Arlo wireless. Attempted to install the Swann system, but there just wasn't enough conduit in the concrete walls to tie everything back to the wifi room, so wireless it is :(
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-13-2021 at 10:11 PM

Hey Ged,

Yeah, I was a little worried after reading the reviews too. We haven't had a problem in 9 months. I don't have a subscription plan - didn't know there was one!

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  

That brand hasn't had very good reviews.....upfront purchase price.....and then a necessary subscription plan following shortly after purchase. What has your experience been like with the hidden subscription costs, etc ?
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-14-2021 at 09:31 AM

Amazon has a load of wifi cameras. cheap. i have one ...works a trick.
reviews on the Amazon site. if several thousand reviews give it 4 stars, its likely an ok device.
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 1-15-2021 at 11:40 AM

Been using an Arlo Pro2 for several years at our USA home and really like it. The pro system does not require a subscription for up to 5 cameras and will save all triggered camera videos for 7 days then delete them. We are bringing down a 3 camera system on this trip.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2021 at 12:15 PM

good idea. i have a local gringo friend who is able to watch the 2 videos made during breakins. they took his stuff, made a get away, at least they left him videos to watch.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.