BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Mexicali 1 Mexicali 2 online FMM?
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 08:06 AM
Mexicali 1 Mexicali 2 online FMM?

I am a permanent Mexican resident but my wife and son are not. I want to do online forms for them.

Entering Baja for the first time @ Mexicali. The online form does not refer to the two gates as East and West. The form refers to Mexicali 1 and Mexicali 2.

https://www.inm.gob.mx/fmme/publico/en/solicitud.html

I plan on using the West gate, is that #1 or #2? I don't know that it really matters since we usually stop at the immigration office in GN to get stamps. I'm pulling a 25' trailer and have no desire to stop and get a stamp at the crossing.

Regards to all

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 08:32 AM

Crossing west is super easy to stop and get an FMM. Double park all the way to the left in front of the parking lot, before you go thru the gates, run in and done.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
PaulW
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 08:33 AM

Don't bother with online because you still have to stop at the border for activation of the FMM. Only takes a few minutes to get the FMM at the border. All you need is money and a PP at the border.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 08:41 AM

The west gate is #1.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 08:53 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
The west gate is #1.

Thank you AK. and to others. I have read descriptions on BN about the park and get it plan, but it would be nice to avoid the extra step of gong to the bank and paying and then returning to the Immigration office. Is the bank even open at 5:30 AM?

It used to be that you could wait until GN to get it. Is this not the case anymore?

Thanks again for all the advice.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 08:59 AM

The bank was not open when I crossed, but no problem, the guy issuing the FMM took the cash and stamped it. Make sure you already have some pesos to keep it simple.

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 09:05 AM

Thanks again AK,

The double park and get it over with would be plan A.

Just in case Plan A does not work out for whatever reason, is getting it in GN still a viable plan B these days?

Regards

[Edited on 16-1-2021 by Bajabus]

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 09:11 AM

I never knew that Guerrero Negro was ever a possibility!

Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 09:15 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
I never knew that Guerrero Negro was ever a possibility!

Its how we always used to do it. Admittedly, last time we drove down was 2014.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 09:16 AM

You must get the FMM at the border... and the INM officer can take the money if the bank window IN the INM building is closed. No more looking for a bank nearby.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 09:34 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
You must get the FMM at the border... and the INM officer can take the money if the bank window IN the INM building is closed. No more looking for a bank nearby.

Thanks for the response David.

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 09:56 AM

just do it all at the border...nothing in advance

the inm office in guerrero negro has been closed quite a while

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 10:10 AM

Mex Imm, at times, takes delight in not accepting online fmm's,
from not printing out an online reicept, info has to be exact
as on the Passport, I imagine they can come up with others,
get it at the border

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 10:16 AM

Don’t do online fmm. It is easy-peasy to get the form at border and fill it in, pay, get stamped, and be on your way.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 10:20 AM

Thanks everyone. Looks like Plan A is the best plan.

And am I assuming correctly that the right most lanes at the West gate is my smoothest option to get on 5 South? Keeping in mind I'm pulling a 25' trailer?

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 11:12 AM

The INM parking is on the left.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajabus
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 11:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
The INM parking is on the left.

Of course it would be on the left. Murphy strikes again.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 11:25 AM

:light: Have a nice drive, Max!

WestyWanderer
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 11:48 AM

Not that you need another opinion, but doing it online is super easy and it speeds up the process. How long are you staying in Baja? If it’s less than 7 days you can get a free FMM but that must be done online, they no longer offer free FMM’s in the office (according to the INM officer at Mexicali West when I crossed two months ago). If you are getting the longer one you can pay online and everything. Still have to stop for the stall, but it’s a quick few minutes to scan, verify, and stamp and you’re on your way.
WestyWanderer
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 12:02 PM

Bajabus it doesn’t matter what lane you are in, as of two months ago (it’s been changing by the day lately though) all lanes led south. The southbound crossing changed maybe a year and a half ago and it takes you a different route. It’s well signed so follow the signs. Even when they have had detours the detours have all been well signed (shocking I know)
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.