BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Mexicali 1 Mexicali 2 online FMM?
Bajazly
Senior Nomad

Mood: More Relaxed Everyday

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 12:14 PM

Just don't follow the FIRST San Felipe arrow to the right, it's a couple miles in +/-. Other than that it is pretty straight forward esp if you are looking at a gps.

Believing is religion - Knowing is science

Harald Pietschmann

"Get off the beaten path and memories, friends and new techniques are developed"

Bajazly, August 2019
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 12:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajazly  
Just don't follow the FIRST San Felipe arrow to the right, it's a couple miles in +/-. Other than that it is pretty straight forward esp if you are looking at a gps.

Yeah, I screwed up and followed that sign! It wasn't a total waste of time, I found a store to top off my food and ice supply, but it was no fun finding my way back to the correct route.

So the route is welled signed, including some that don't help you!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 02:23 PM

Many thanks to everyone for their suggestions. They were all greatly appreciated

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 02:36 PM

When we went south with Cameron in 2019, his fast way from the new Mexicali West crossing was to turn left where the sign for Tijuana turns right (and San Felipe is signed straight). We went left a short distance to the original San Felipe route. Seemed great and no confusion.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

RnR
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-16-2021 at 02:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajabus  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
The INM parking is on the left.

Of course it would be on the left. Murphy strikes again.

The immigration and customs building is on the left after you cross into Mexico.

There is head in stall parking under a shade cover for normal vehicles to park and go into the building.

There is a 'red curb' area long enough for your truck/trailer combo immediately after crossing and before and adjacent to the covered parking area on the left. Park here if it is empty or double park behind some of the stall parking. Don't worry about the red curb - the officials do not seem to care. I have parked here with a trailer the last two times. An official has walked over, greeted me, and pointed me in the right direction to walk into the IMM/Customs building.

If this 'red curb' area is not available, there is lots of room all the way over on the far right. Room for half a dozen trailers. Only problem is that you have to cross five or six lanes to get back to the left side to get into the building. The easiest way to cross the lanes is to walk up to lane dividers and come across at the dividers, one lane at a time. Better than trying to cross all six lanes at once on foot.

My guess is that the traffic will be fairly sparse at 5:30 in the morning. We have come across at 10:00 am the last two times and traffic was also very light. Last crossing was mid Nov, 2020.

Good Luck
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.