BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: Time for a change of sites..?
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 09:58 AM
Time for a change of sites..?

Parts of this forum have become a real boxing arena. I signed on Baja Nomads not that long ago and have now noticed some increasingly frequent downgradings of the material 'about Baja' presented. I originally joined because I thought it was about BAJA, would be pleasant to meet more interesting and intelligent lovers of BAJA..post some of my BAJA interests, history, fishing accounts!!, and have some FUN about BAJA. I count at least 12 posting topics on today's roster that are 'NEGATIVE', don't have much to do with 'BAJA', are full of hatred and bigotry.... and to me, REALLY BORING. I left childish sophmoric nonsense behind a long time ago. Hopefully, some of you did, too.

Enough ranting....Maybe time for a site change....or something more 'Baja'. Any suggestions?

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Tommy A
Nomad

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 10:04 AM
Pompano

Can not agree with you more!! Maybe its time that the administrator of this site had a long chat with a few people. Would hate to see you go, I enjoy your posts.
Tucker
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 10:07 AM
Hang in there.....

Tommy, I think a short chat might be more effective!!

\"I think it would be a good idea.\"
-- Mahatma Gandhi, when asked what he thought of Western civilization
bajalou
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 10:12 AM

Well, I've enjoyed this site and still do part of the time, but have been having the same thoughts about just dumping it. I want to read about Baja. The name calling is getting too much. I was really glad when the "Off Topic" was moved from "Today's Posts" but there is so much personal condemnation for having other ideas about Baja and it's people that I'm really tired.

:(:(

No Bad Days

\"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference\"

\"The trouble with doing nothing is - how do I know when I\'m done?\"

Nomad Baja Interactive map

And in the San Felipe area - check out Valle Chico area
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 10:14 AM

Pompano
Your posts and pictures are an immense addition to this site. Don't go anywhere.

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Cyndarouh
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 10:15 AM

Pompano, Please. keep up the fishing and wonderful post. I do really enjoy them. Most really don't pay a lot of heed to the butt biteing that goes on. It is a bit depressing when you think a story about Baja is coming then you have the kids that don't agree on what ever. I got out of that sand box many years ago. Like 52 maybe. :barf::barf: to the butt biteing. Okay where is that spell ck?:saint::P
Tommy A
Nomad

Mood: Relaxed

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Hose A
Don't let the bad guys win.

Lets get rid of the bad guys. I say we vote them off the island.
bajapablo
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 10:31 AM
Pompano and Lou

Stick around. You guys have too much to share with the rest of us who live north of the border.

\"changes it lattitudes, changes in attitudes\"
J.Buffet
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 10:47 AM
Well said, Pompano

Last year when this ugly stuff was raging I posted a reminder of the old children's fable about the "Tar Baby"

Remember the Tar Baby??? He was not at all loveable, you just wanted to thrash and bash him... the more you bashed him the more tar you got all over your own self.

Same with these few bad apples.

Since we are preparing for our annual 10 day Baja trip I have been more into the site than usual.... thus, seeing all the really nasty stuff of late. And, the way it is going, when I return from Baja I may or may not return to this site.

I agree, time to vote a few off the island.... anyone wish to "cast the first stone?"

Baja Arriba!!

ps. I really feel for Doug, one class act who is trying to provide a service for those of us that care.
How's about those of you who only care for you own egos starting your own site- which we will carefully and meticulously and scrupulously avoid... believe it!
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 11:12 AM

Pompano

stick in there...it's like a wave...it comes and goes..:lol::lol:

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
bajaruby
Banned

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 11:22 AM

Pompano
I don't post to much here, but I do read it everyday and truely love reading your posts and seeing your photos. Just ignore the bad apples and they will go away. WE, ALL OF US, I am sure, would truely miss you. If you deceid to go, let us know where to find you.
You've got my vote!:tumble:
Skeet/Loreto
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 11:40 AM
Suggestion:

I too have been feeling that it is time to find a Board that stays with Good Baja Information and help, where there is less Cursing and flaming of People, However I have to admit that I do go to the off-Topic when it gets so False.
Whatever Pomp, hold in there until we can get a board that does not have Political Space{The election is Over boys!]
I do think that some of the politics in Baja are important and should be Posted with out the Bad Mouthing{Show maturity}However it will be difficult as it seems to be the thing to do, that is "Attack! Attack!!".

Skeet/Loreto
Rickman

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 11:53 AM

I followed this board over from Amigos. Same smell. I follow it for the reason most of us do. To get some Baja information. The entertainment value goes through cycles. At best it is like watching Oprah. Right now it looks like Jerry Springer. The two types of posters that provoke this bickering are both very prolific. One is "The Fountain of Knowledge" and the other is "The Fountain of s..." Give the "Fountain of s..." his own forum and leave the rest of us in peace.
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 12:21 PM

I agree Pompano

I live in Loreto full time but post seldom due to the flack I see other posters receiving. Its a shame that a few can and do spoil an otherwise well run board.
Cincodemayo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 12:23 PM

Back9
Are you the one with the boxer dogs?

Don\'t get mad...
Get EVEN.
Bruce R Leech
Elite Nomad

Mood: A lot cooler than Mulege

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 12:48 PM

it will git better .

Bruce R Leech
Ensenada

lindsay
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 01:10 PM
Another 2 Cents

I can't add much that the others in this thread haven't already mentioned...you have great posts here Pompano and there is enough good intentions as well as information on this board to just blow off and skip the negative stuff.

I teach English to international students and whenever I see the petty side of life in my students or the times when they start to whine, I always tell them to take a look at the front page of the newspaper, have a reality check and thank your lucky stars that we all have the free time to even think and wonder about life...some people are struggling just to make it through the day, they don't have the time to b**ch or moan about what often is such small potatos...

OK enough from me, remember that's just one amiga's opinion and keep up all your great contributions!! Just one week until vacation in Mulege!! Hope to see you there :D
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 01:29 PM
Pompano

The Fishing page of this board was pretty much empty until you started posting. The personal fishing stories are just great. The number of really good fishing photos are really overwhelming also.

It's one thing reading catch statistics from all the resorts and quite another reading a story written in first person.

I really hope you don't leave the board.

You have the advantage of living and fishing down there that most of us envy and the stories just make us live through your trips vicariously. Hell, I would never had known about the Duke at Mulege if it wasn't for one of your stories.

Too many quality posters have left because of this sort of thing (Dave Eidell for one). I hope you don't do the same.
backninedan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 01:32 PM

Cinco

No boxers, but I can be seen walking my springer spaniel (jake the wonder dog)
Sharksbaja
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2005 at 01:35 PM
Good to see you...

got tired of it too. Thanks for speaking up Pompano, Sharksbaja

DON\'T SQUINT! Give yer eyes a break!
Try holding down [control] key and toggle the [+ and -] keys

Viva Mulege!

Nomads\' Sunsets
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.