Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Gangster tactics employed by a landlord in El Socorro
RocketJSquirrel
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2021 at 02:01 PM

They might also come and shoot you while you are burning it down. What do you think purposefully provoking them is going to solve?

Better to quietly put quickset cement in all the drains and toilets. I am sure there are many quiet ways to find a bit of satisfaction without putting a target on your or your spouse's backs.
d-train

Mood: head high and offshore

[*] posted on 2-1-2021 at 02:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Are people currently residing in the house full time? If so, is the house vacant for short periods of time? How close are other houses/people to your building?

I do have neighbors close by, but all of them, out of fear of the land lady and her boyfriend, tell me they don't want to be involved and won't provide any info. Despite that I've managed to get reliable information on daily activities at the property through other methods that don't involve compromising my neighbors.

There is one road in/out of the ranch and they have someone stationed there preventing me from getting through. They prevented me plus uniformed police officers from getting through last week by blocking the road with vehicles. I was able to sneak in early one morning though and make a quick observation before I was discovered and chased off the property. There was a light in the house and movements. The electricity was cut so maybe whoever is there is using a lantern or flashlight. There's was line out front with laundry drying. There's a lot people regularly coming and going at the house over the last couple weeks.

Quote: Originally posted by bajaric  
To the OP, what do you hope to get out of this? Do you really want a vacation home there?

What I hope to get out of this? I've been staring at the ocean for the last few days pondering that question. Do I really want a vacation home there? That's easy. After this, not anymore.

[Edited on 2-1-2021 by d-train]
RocketJSquirrel
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2021 at 03:11 PM

I am sure it is all a huge disappointment. Use common sense and don't endanger your wife or yourself trying to win something that's probably not winnable.

Better to cut your losses.

And when it is all over, don't let bitterness or anger spoil your later years.
BajaRun
Nomad

Mood: Just Cruisin'

[*] posted on 2-1-2021 at 04:07 PM

Sometimes you need to know when to walk away. Sounds like the time is near.

Bummer for sure, however, I'm sure you always knew in the back of your mind that this time could possibly come.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2021 at 04:13 PM

Screw those evil ppl. Hire someone to give them a taste of their own medicine.

Lots of ppl willing to do that.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

mikeymarlin
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2021 at 05:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Screw those evil ppl. Hire someone to give them a taste of their own medicine.

Lots of ppl willing to do that.

hey-J Z right on !!! I agree ---- revenge-it's what for dinner]
torch
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2021 at 06:12 PM

well for what its worth - I had a neighbor that just up and left his place of 20+ years with these parting thoughts.(after his lease was raised 5x on the spot) - Now i can go explore the spots i know could be working but if i still had this place would just stay put and surf here. he actually gave me the peace within should that ever happen to me to love the memories and to make new ones somewhere else.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2021 at 06:25 PM

Anything you do is not worth loosing your life over. It would be nice if you could get your belongings out but if you can't it's just stuff.

With that said I would not be able to leave her anything she could use, you have the right to the building and improvements. If I couldn't do it with help of the law then I would do it without.

As the squirrel said, I would not feel like it's a safe place for the family now, you never know what message they might be willing to send to a family member when you aren't home. Anything I did would be with the family state side.

I deal with criminals every day, don't under estimate the little value they put on life or what meth will allow/make people do. Guessing by the erratic behavior I would say there might be some drug use involved? Be safe and good luck.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 2-1-2021 at 07:22 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2000/11/01/world/americans-find-thei...

http://davidbeyer.info/index.php/2018/07/14/another-property...

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2000-oct-27-mn-42793...

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2021 at 09:04 PM

I would think the long term income would be better then taking someone's house. Why wouldn't they want to renegotiate the terms and use the money for their own house? Maybe it's the instant gratification and short attention span? I would think at some point people will not buy in that area and the lease money will dry up. Who wants to live in an area where the land owner kicks in the door and take your house?

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-1-2021 at 09:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
I would think the long term income would be better then taking someone's house. Why wouldn't they want to renegotiate the terms and use the money for their own house? Maybe it's the instant gratification and short attention span? I would think at some point people will not buy in that area and the lease money will dry up. Who wants to live in an area where the land owner kicks in the door and take your house?

What makes you think the evil landlord family is smarter than a box of rocks and capable of making reasoned decisions?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2021 at 06:27 AM

Quote: Originally posted by willardguy  
author=surabi]

Why would you build a house on leased land? It would never enter my mind to build on a piece of property I didn't legally own. Sorry, but that's just foolish.
willard guy responds
well I would, and I did, along with dozen's, hundreds, thousands of others that just want a simple vacation home or a full time place. I and many others did with nothing but a handshake from the property owner. just remember the the rule don't invest more than you're willing to walk away from.....guess we're all fools huh?:rolleyes:

No Willard guy, - Not fools - Not yet, but who knows in 5 - 10 years if that statement holds true - I hope so, for you and your families sake. But this scenario does not always turn out rosy and beautiful, as we are seeing examples of that right now. everyone wants to believe they did their homework, chose their "landlords" wisely. but as things change, sometimes it ends up no bueno!

[Edited on 2-2-2021 by caj13]

[Edited on 2-2-2021 by caj13]
ch47pilot
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2021 at 07:03 AM

Years ago I made the mistake of building on Ejido land with verbal assurances of a long term lease. Well the Ejido decided to kick everyone out in order to sell the land to a developer. Lesson learned, six years later the land sits unsold. Bought a home with a Fidei Comiso (annual trust) feeling much better with that then leasing from any private party.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2021 at 10:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

What makes you think the evil landlord family is smarter than a box of rocks and capable of making reasoned decisions?

X2
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2021 at 11:17 AM

d-train, did you check with the attorney that posted on here about helping people out? This is his user name and he posted last week. (Rafael Solórzano) Worth seeing what his opinion is.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2021 at 01:45 PM

lots of conclusions here based on very few data points.
but heck, don't let that stop you.
d-train

Mood: head high and offshore

[*] posted on 2-2-2021 at 02:35 PM

d-train, did you check with the attorney that posted on here about helping people out? This is his user name and he posted last week. (Rafael Solórzano) Worth seeing what his opinion is.

Yes, he is working on this case along with a local attorney. Feeling like I'm in good hands with them. It's hard to ignore the appeal of, how shall I say... a dramatic conclusion... to these events, I'm taking the safe and smart approach at the present time.
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2021 at 04:05 PM

I remember a case in the US where a disgruntled contractor got screwed on a upscale home he built and never was paid for. He put a large propane bottle in the crawl space under the house before it was occupied and opened the valve with a timer set at sufficient time to spark the gas cloud after he was long gone. Blew the house right off the foundation. It was a total loss. Although he was a prime suspect he never was charged.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2021 at 07:59 PM

The current landlord has revealed their true evil nature, and they are not going away. You will have to leave this property for your own peace of mind. But you should first regain possession, then bulldoze or burn the place to the ground on first day of repossession.
The evil landlord must be prevented from profiting from crime.

Even if you regain control of property, the evil family will still be there, lurking and plotting....

Pretty much the same can happen in the U.S. No doubt. If you lease land, the land is not yours. Period. Building on land which you do not own is just stupid. Rent what`s in existence, but do not build anything to it. Do it in the U.S. you will be chased off in no time. Same happens in Mexico! Why wondering??? You call it gangster tactics? Or just above: Evil Nature? There are the same amount of gangsters - with the same reason to act - inside the U.S.

[Edited on 2-3-2021 by JC43]
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-2-2021 at 08:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  
The current landlord has revealed their true evil nature, and they are not going away. You will have to leave this property for your own peace of mind. But you should first regain possession, then bulldoze or burn the place to the ground on first day of repossession.
The evil landlord must be prevented from profiting from crime.

Even if you regain control of property, the evil family will still be there, lurking and plotting....

Pretty much the same can happen in the U.S. No doubt. If you lease land, the land is not yours. Period. Building on land which you do not own is just stupid. Rent what`s in existence, but do not build anything to it. Do it in the U.S. you will be chased off in no time. Same happens in Mexico! Why wondering???

Lots of successful leased property in USA. Here in socal much of irvine housing is on leased land, 99 year renewable leases. Mexico is totally outlaw territory compared to USA real estate system.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.