Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Blackberry-Corn salsa
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-7-2021 at 08:16 AM
Blackberry-Corn salsa

I'm posting the following recepie for the salsa, although the meat portion was interesting as well. We substituted some pork loin for half the chicken breast as I have reached the age where I refuse to eat another chicken breast again.

2 TBS olive oil
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp ground cumin (we used lots more)
2 med limes, divided
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast (can there be amore vapid cut of meat?)
1 cup blackberries, coarsely chopped
1 cup fresh or thawed corn kernels
1 medium jalapeno, thinly sliced
Torn fresh cilantro

1. Marinate the meat as follows:
Oil, salt and cumin in baggie. Add zest and juice of one lime to bag. add meat and return to fridge for 15 minutes.

2. Zest and juice remaining lime in small bowl; add the blackberries, peppers and corn, salt and set aside.

3.Grill meat, rest a few minutes and slice. Top with the salsa and cilantro before serving.

A Guadalupe grenacha would be perfect with this - I overdid it with a fine Argentine Malbec. If you are a white wine only drinker, sigh, then go as big as you can - Lechuza Chard comes to mind.
YMMV

Disastrogirl

[*] posted on 2-7-2021 at 09:41 AM

That looks amazing! If you’re tired of chicken breasts try using chicken thighs instead. They are so much more flavorful.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.