Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: Covid update Feb 8 2021
Oddjob
Banned

[*] posted on 2-15-2021 at 09:26 PM

Okay JZ, I'll give lencho a pass.

motoged, I would much rather discuss fishing, beer and truck tires rather than reading your negative posts, and I don't even like fishing!
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2021 at 07:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Oddjob  
It's been a while since I've logged in here and I see that things have continued to go downhill.

We have a group of nasty posters here that love nothing more than attacking anyone whose views don't align with their's. motoged has become one of the leaders of this group, whose sole purpose appears to discourage any sane person from participating on the forum. He seems to have some personal issues and he gets some odd type of pleasure by attacking posters that don't align with his views.

We also have numerous others, and number one is mtgoat666, a long time so called member who brings nothing here other than immature negative trolling. He brings nothing to the forum other than his childish snipes. There is also lencho, pacificbob, caj13 and several others that I don't have enough time or energy to mention.

What used to be a great forum for Baja lovers to come to for getting or giving information and recommendations has become a place full of mean and nasty posters.
Just look back at all of the great forum members that used to come here with helpful discussion who have quit posting.
All of you who come here for nothing but causing drama need to look in the mirror and ask yourselves what purpose does all of your hate serve.

I'll logout now, and if you haters are lucky I won't return.

i hope to be lucky. BTW thanks for the mention. i would have been disappointed to be omitted.

[Edited on 2-16-2021 by pacificobob]
pauldavidmena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2021 at 07:45 AM
Reset

As I recall from many posts ago, the original topic of this thread was the state of the virus in the little village of La Bocana. It had seemed an oasis of normal a million miles away from Covid, but family visits during the holidays seemed to result in isolated pockets of infection. I know Blanca and Les have been very cautious, as have most of the locals. I'd love to hear more about how they're faring.

Visit my Dreams of Pescadero blog:
http://dreamsofpescadero.wordpress.com/
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2021 at 02:13 PM

Covid is up and down here. As of today, quite a few are now sick.

I forgot about being as careful as I should yesterday...a new segunda opened in town and I went to visit for the 1st time. Big room FULL of all sorts of stuff. I double masked but in the fun of looking around, soon realized that probably 15 of us were in am enclosed room. Panicked and left immediately. So peeed at myself...so close to getting the 2nd vaccine. Not a time to let down my guard.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-16-2021 at 02:47 PM

So, they are not controlling room occupancy? If everyone was masked, and not coughing, can't see how you should be too concerned... Touching a product that was touched recently by another is why you should wash your hands asap after leaving the store. We are being told up here that hand sanitizer is no replacement for soap and water.
I hope you didn't get sick.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2021 at 08:58 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaBlanca  
Covid is up and down here. As of today, quite a few are now sick.

I forgot about being as careful as I should yesterday...a new segunda opened in town and I went to visit for the 1st time. Big room FULL of all sorts of stuff. I double masked but in the fun of looking around, soon realized that probably 15 of us were in am enclosed room. Panicked and left immediately. So peeed at myself...so close to getting the 2nd vaccine. Not a time to let down my guard.

Yes, what is going on in your town. 22 cases at Bocana vs 3 at Pt Abreojos which is right next door. Look at Santa Rosalia, though.

150071630_10100352321711452_8945926534907536519_o.jpg - 88kB
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2021 at 09:57 PM

What is the time frame of that chart?

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

BajaParrothead
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-16-2021 at 10:04 PM

Is the infection rate in Rosalia that much greater, or are they just doing more testing?
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2021 at 12:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
What is the time frame of that chart?

These are the number of cases reported. 'Acumulado' means accumulated.
Lobsterman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2021 at 09:04 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Oddjob  
It's been a while since I've logged in here and I see that things have continued to go downhill.

We have a group of nasty posters here that love nothing more than attacking anyone whose views don't align with their's. motoged has become one of the leaders of this group, whose sole purpose appears to discourage any sane person from participating on the forum. He seems to have some personal issues and he gets some odd type of pleasure by attacking posters that don't align with his views.

We also have numerous others, and number one is mtgoat666, a long time so called member who brings nothing here other than immature negative trolling. He brings nothing to the forum other than his childish snipes. There is also lencho, pacificbob, caj13 and several others that I don't have enough time or energy to mention.

What used to be a great forum for Baja lovers to come to for getting or giving information and recommendations has become a place full of mean and nasty posters.
Just look back at all of the great forum members that used to come here with helpful discussion who have quit posting.
All of you who come here for nothing but causing drama need to look in the mirror and ask yourselves what purpose does all of your hate serve.

I'll logout now, and if you haters are lucky I won't return.

You guys won AGAIN! Another has had his fill of the trolls with "my way or the highway mentality". Soon you will have the forum all to yourselves to continue your one-sided view of the world.

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2021 at 09:20 AM

hurt feelers?
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2021 at 09:32 AM

I know! What is going on here is that people are partying for birthdays (for example) even though they are not supposed to. Brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles come to the celebration...the belief is that the virus will come via an outsider, not a family member.

There is no monitoring of smaller stores, the large grocery store, the coop restaurant control how many people enter, require masks and hand sanitize upon entering. All the cooperative members were tested last week. Anyone who coughs or is sick is not allowed to work.

It was just stupid on my part. I hope I did not catch Covid and I also hope that if I did, the first vaccination will help me not get seriously ill. My mask is a super mask, I can hardly breathe in it.

The graph above is showing low numbers. Many more in San Ignacio, Punta Abreojos and MANY more in La Bocana.

Come visit La Bocana

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2021 at 09:52 AM
Vaccinations in Baja?

Blanca, you said you and Les came to the states for vaccination. Is there no vaccination program going on in much of Baja or Baja Sur?

Here the vaccinations are without charge even if you do not have insurance -
perhaps the cost in Baja is high?

John M
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2021 at 02:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John M  

Here the vaccinations are without charge even if you do not have insurance -
perhaps the cost in Baja is high?

Good point. My neighbor paid 1050 pesos for his test in Vizcaino.
John M
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2021 at 02:57 PM
Test vs vaccination

Wonder how vaccinations are being prioritized and if they are readily available in at least the bigger cities.

JM
msteve1014
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2021 at 03:56 PM

My friends mother is 84 years old and lives in San Ignacio. She was told health care workers only at this time in BCS.

For vacinations

[Edited on 2-17-2021 by msteve1014]
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2021 at 04:27 PM

i have yet to hear of anyone but medical staff having been vaccinated...
the amount of vaccine in Mexico is tiny.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2021 at 07:07 PM

Mexico is indeed way behind, but at least the doctors I know got the vaccine already.

Come visit La Bocana

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 2-19-2021 at 09:44 AM

The Pfizer vaccine is now available at the nearest VA clinic to me. I get my first shot on Wednesday!

Edit; Not all veterans are in the cue yet! I am 74 with cardiac issues issues, so I made the cut.

[Edited on 2-19-2021 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2021 at 01:52 PM

What's sad is that there was a multinational agreement that the vaccine would be distributed equally worldwide. That we were all in this together. It was a noble idea but it clearly is not going to happen.
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.