BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Coco is Moving his Corner, needs help (2-14-21 video)
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-19-2021 at 03:44 PM

The ejido is on a 21-year-old AAA map...

Look next to Campo (Puerto) Calamajué:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BigBearRider
Super Nomad

Mood: :)

[*] posted on 2-20-2021 at 03:01 AM

It would probably help if they said how much beachfront there is
I assume the price is in pesos. Still seems like an awful lot of money.
dravnx
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2021 at 11:34 AM

Stumbled on to Coco's Corner in '91. Stopped and drank a couple of beers with him. We were on a rock hounding expedition so he directed us to an abandoned gold mine and a spring that was flowing effervescent water. Coco told us if we drank it it would give us mas cajones. We found the mine and the spring. It tasted like alka selzster. Didn't find anything interesting at the mine but the Calamajue road was really fun and my truck earned a nice collection of Baja pinstripes.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-4-2021 at 11:40 AM
Any update on this topic?

Has anyone reading this been by there since the move? I am sure that Coco would have a new sign up somewhere, so it should be easy to find.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2021 at 12:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
Has anyone reading this been by there since the move? I am sure that Coco would have a new sign up somewhere, so it should be easy to find.

Indeed he does. Yesterday, Baja Nomad 'Mothership' emailed me three photos of the new Coco's Corner access road. He said it was about 1 mile south of the Las Arrastras bridge (the one you can see the Las Arrastras mill ruins from, Km. 180). He did not see the new location, said it was over a rise from the highway... if it was indeed moved...?

[Edited on 3-4-2021 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-4-2021 at 01:05 PM

David, did he stop by there? I could be wrong, but that looks like the old signs directing north bound traffic to his old camp.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2021 at 01:15 PM

He just stopped to take those three photos... so I also questioned him about it simply being a new north access that joins the old road to his old location. I think Coco wants to be visible from the highway and close to it, for business.

Edit... it was odd that he recorded Km. 179 for the turnoff but said it was definitely south of Las Arrastras instead of just north. Makes me wonder if they moved the km. posts again??? Either that or he was confused, since Km. 179 and 179.5 were the old road/ Coco's access roads, north of the bridge.??

[Edited on 3-4-2021 by David K]

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.