Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Motorcycle accident 2 20 2021
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2021 at 02:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tacobul  
Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Sounds like you suck at riding in the dirt. Got my 1st dirt bike at 11, and the worst is getting the wind knocked out of me. Was too busy having fun to count the miles.

Stay off the pavement. You don't want your luck to run out.

Riders, we all live in different places, ride different places, and have our own individual experiences. I know Motoged (full disclosure), have ridden with him, travelled and rode the peninsula with him. His injuries are real and are directly related to the terrain he choses to ride. Some people just ride roads, which is great but lets try to keep perspective.
The ratio of road miles to off-road miles, relating to injuries, should give an idea of ability...lots of "other stuff" on a roadway. Off road riding has its own difficulties. I don't know you JZ but all i have seen is gravel road shots and "hey look at what i've got" pics. I am glad you haven't had any injuries doing this though....:rolleyes:

yeah but in his defense once he's on the beach its WFO!:lol:
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2021 at 02:58 PM

I've only ridden a little on the streets. Actually I've ridden my dirt bike on the highway more during a SCORE race. Don't like it much. I've seen some pretty bad MC/car crashes, usually car turns in front of MC. I've had enough scary moments riding my bicycle on the street, too many stupid drivers. Last time I rode on the street I almost got run over by a dump truck and we were looking straight at each other.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
2-22-2021 at 06:29 PM
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2021 at 08:57 PM

All of my broken bones have been as a x-BMX racer or moto racing, never at the level of making money! If you push yourself in the dirt you will get hurt or killed at race speeds. I still ride the street but have come closer to dyeing from others on their phones or bad driving but I chose to live as I do!
I've come close to hitting cars on dirt roads in Baja several times but most would have been my own fault. If my ticket gets punched tomorrow on the street or dirt it was nice meeting some of you and talking with everyone.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2021 at 10:30 PM

Sure didn't take long for you guys to make a post about identifying an injured man all about you.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-22-2021 at 10:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by surabi  
Sure didn't take long for you guys to make a post about identifying an injured man all about you.

you do know he was identified eighteen replies ago....whats your end game?

[Edited on 2-23-2021 by willardguy]

[Edited on 2-23-2021 by willardguy]
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2021 at 11:19 AM

oops
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-24-2021 at 11:21 AM

If my ticket gets punched tomorrow on the street or dirt it was nice meeting some of you and talking with everyone. [/rquote]

well said...X2
in fact i feel about riding as jiz feels about traveling during a pandemic....the obvious difference is i won't be endangering anyone but myself.

[Edited on 2-24-2021 by pacificobob]
Glidergeek
Nomad

Mood: Moody

[*] posted on 2-27-2021 at 09:47 AM

Looks like his Karma and talent ran out at the same time.:wow:
RocketJSquirrel
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2021 at 01:14 PM

Not a fan of street bikes. So dangerous.

I agree a bit. But if I recall there was some research where CHP bike cops actually had fewer deaths per zillion miles than cops riding in squad cars. It was attributed to good training. If you've not had good on-the-road bike training, you really should consider it. It is literally your hide. Though I have ridden all my life, I took a safety course at maybe age 65. I was amazed at how much I didn't know. It was well worth the $300. What's a good bike wreck cost in bodily damage and bike damage? It's a bargain.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-27-2021 at 01:45 PM

How about them lane splitters?
Last week some dufus doing 40 in between lanes in stopped traffic went road ragey on me because I changed lanes w/o seeing him. Verbal diarrhea, but too wimpy to use his fists.
Only dead bodies I have seen on hwy in past few years were lane splitters.
Lane splitters deserve the maimings they receive :P

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2021 at 02:52 PM

the guys you see splitting lanes iat the speed of heat on liter sport bikes in socal have me fearful for them.. not that I've never indulged... but with massive caution and acute awareness of the risk.

[Edited on 2-27-2021 by pacificobob]
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-27-2021 at 06:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Last week some dufus doing 40 in between lanes in stopped traffic went road ragey on me because I changed lanes w/o seeing him. Verbal diarrhea, but too wimpy to use his fists.

Have see this forever in LA. But back in the early 00's witness it around Paris. Makes LA look like child's play.

Btw, that dude beat your @ss, didn't he?

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 2-28-2021 at 12:37 PM

Btw, that dude beat your @ss, didn't he?

JZ,
Why do you keep on making these kind of posts?

Just curious.... :?:

Don't believe everything you think....
bajatrailrider
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 2-28-2021 at 04:53 PM

Lane splitter or crack head same:bounce:
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2021 at 06:10 PM

perhaps the playground was a bit rough on him as a young lad. deserved it?

[Edited on 3-1-2021 by pacificobob]
Doug/Vamonos
Nomad

Mood: Muy Pacifico

[*] posted on 3-20-2021 at 08:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

What an idiotic response! Lane splitters deserve the maimings they receive? Seriously? In California it is perfectly legal to split lanes. Within speed limits of course. Your answer is asinine.

[Edited on 3-20-2021 by Doug/Vamonos]
RocketJSquirrel
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2021 at 09:22 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Doug/Vamonos  
Seriously? In California it is perfectly legal to split lanes. Within speed limits of course. Your answer is asinine.

Yeah, but many (certainly not most) are quite careless. If the speed limit is 65 and traffic is at 2, only an idiot lane splits doing 65.

I think as a life long bike rider I tune in to sheer stupidity of some of the bikers. And it truly makes me anxious when they blast by at huge rates of speed. Really, I just don't want to be first on the scene to have to try to save them with my unconfident first aid skills (yes, I've had the training).

But then I remember being young and ignoring the odds too. The thrill of really letting it rip.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2021 at 09:32 AM

Hope he wore a helmet. Head injuries are the worst.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-20-2021 at 09:41 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RocketJSquirrel  
Quote: Originally posted by Doug/Vamonos  
Seriously? In California it is perfectly legal to split lanes. Within speed limits of course. Your answer is asinine.

I think as a life long bike rider I tune in to sheer stupidity of some of the bikers. And it truly makes me anxious when they blast by at huge rates of speed. Really, I just don't want to be first on the scene to have to try to save them with my unconfident first aid.

i often think of not wanting to witness anymore broken, damaged bodies. one never forgets the visual images...it comes with a cost.
Doug/Vamonos
Nomad

Mood: Muy Pacifico

[*] posted on 3-20-2021 at 10:21 AM

I agree doing it at high speed is stupid. I haven't researched lately but I recall the max speed is 45mph and not more than 15mph above the speed of traffic. Translated, that means you can split traffic that is moving at 30mph or less and not exceed 45mph in the process. Is it safe? The rider has to be absolutely on their game. I've ridden very fast sport bikes all my life. And split lanes all that time. I've had close calls but I can usually spot the unaware drivers before they get too close to me. In my experience, the only safe car or truck is the one that is in my rear view mirror, so lane splitting puts them behind me, which is where I want them. But if you are on something other than a sportbike, i.e. a big harley with ape hangers, then no it's not safe IMO because they are so wide, heavy, slow to respond, and usually occupied by riders who not only are not on their game, but they don't really have any game at all. JMO.

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.