Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: San Felipe checkpoint currently checking for FMM
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 3-4-2021 at 04:16 PM
San Felipe checkpoint currently checking for FMM

From TalkBaja Road Conditions, it's being reported that (at the moment) they are checking FMM's at the checkpoint heading into San Felipe, and turning ppl around that don't have one.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BajaRoads/permalink/10820693...

fmm-san-felipe-ckpt-2021mar5.png - 161kB

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2021 at 08:01 PM

They did indeed ask us, we said we were Mexican,

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2021 at 08:06 PM

Maybe the Government has figured how much money they will make if they enforce it? I've been laxed in the pass and not always got one but from now on I will. Not worth getting turned around for something stupid/easy like an FMM.
jkruk
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2021 at 10:32 PM
Fmm

Is this needed if you have a resident permente card
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2021 at 10:55 PM

Get one 95%+ of the time.

Only times we didn't were at places it took forever to get one or they made it extra difficult to get one at that specific entry point.

They randomly asked us for them at a couple checkpoints in Sonora, but it's been pretty rare.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2021 at 11:00 PM

jkruk, you're good for life with a resident permente card.
I think the FMM is a 180 day tourist visa.

[Edited on 3-5-2021 by Russ]

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
4x4abc
Ultra Nomad

Mood: happy - always

[*] posted on 3-5-2021 at 08:00 AM

went through there twice the last 3 days
we were not asked for any papers

Harald Pietschmann
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-5-2021 at 08:21 AM

I used to get waved right through with a minimum, if any contact. I have been attributing that to my 90 pound, bully breed co-pilot, but her high speed butt wiggle let me down last time.

A couple of dog loving soldiers had her out of the car (off leash) and playing with her! It was a slow day, so they took the time to look in my ice chest and a storage box, but no paperwork. This was in October 2020.

I was going to check out the old Rumorosa grade going up from Mexicali, but decided to put that off for a future exploration.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-5-2021 at 09:39 AM

There is an unpaved service road that goes down the mountainside... used by Score for some Baja 1000 races. I think the original 2-lane Hwy. 2 paved road (we drove back in the 60s) was obliterated with the construction of the 4-lane highway?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2021 at 10:51 AM

From what I remember the old two lane highway became the down side going east and the upside was built new.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-5-2021 at 01:34 PM

While it is a 4-lane highway up and down the mountain, using different routes (as does I-8 just north of the border), it is not a fast, sharp-curve-free road as is I-8. Look at it from above, using Google Earth.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

WestyWanderer
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2021 at 08:24 PM

Have been through there 4 times in the last week, twice each way and never were we asked.

They have also been checking FMM’s as well as making sure dogs are in proper cages at the hwy 5 turnoff south of town. Ticketing those that don’t have their dogs in cages and fining those that didn’t have their FMM’s. During our week there we didn’t see them there, but that’s what our friends in the south campos said.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2021 at 09:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by WestyWanderer  
Have been through there 4 times in the last week, twice each way and never were we asked.

They have also been checking FMM’s as well as making sure dogs are in proper cages at the hwy 5 turnoff south of town. Ticketing those that don’t have their dogs in cages and fining those that didn’t have their FMM’s. During our week there we didn’t see them there, but that’s what our friends in the south campos said.

If you are talking about the junction of 5 and the airport road, I have never seen an inspection station there. I wonder who would be conducting it? Probably not soldiers, but maybe the National Guard that seems to be showing up in a lot of places.

I don't have room for a kennel big enough for my dog, but I have her in a harness that can be hooked into a tether, or even a seat belt. I wonder if that would get me through without a ticket?

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
WestyWanderer
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2021 at 09:25 PM

Your kids are fine in the back of the truck as long as your dog is in a proper cage :?:
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2021 at 09:33 PM

Your kids are fine in the back of the truck as long as your dog is in a proper cage :?:

Kids are less likely to bite! Well, most of them anyway.

WestyWanderer
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-5-2021 at 10:42 PM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  

If you are talking about the junction of 5 and the airport road, I have never seen an inspection station there. I wonder who would be conducting it? Probably not soldiers, but maybe the National Guard that seems to be showing up in a lot of places.

I don't have room for a kennel big enough for my dog, but I have her in a harness that can be hooked into a tether, or even a seat belt. I wonder if that would get me through without a ticket?

Yep, that’s the one. I’ve been through there countless times and never seen anyone there. I didn’t ask who were enforcing it, but the people sharing the info have lived down there for years.
Sandlefoot
Nomad

Mood: Home

[*] posted on 3-6-2021 at 06:02 AM

[Edited on 3-6-2021 by Sandlefoot]

" Don't find fault, find a remedy; anyone can complain." Henry Ford

If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up to much space!

Just because it may not be a good idea does not mean it will not be fun!!!

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2021 at 08:19 AM

What are you talking about?
Who has a cage for their dog?

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

WestyWanderer
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2021 at 08:44 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

What are you talking about?
Who has a cage for their dog?

Need me to explain my post further? I thought it was pretty straight forward...:lol:

A lot of people have travel cages for their dogs. Sorry, is “crate” a less offensive word to you?
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-6-2021 at 08:53 AM

I have a "kennel" for my dog. She actually does fine with it when we fly between Alaska and California, but it takes up too much space in my SUV for a Baja run!

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.