BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  11
Author: Subject: Who is now vaccinated and ready for Baja?
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2021 at 04:05 PM

RFClark, I buy my tires from a dealer like Versa in Baja that sells BF GoodRich or Michelin. I understand are both brands are owned by the French company though BF Goodrich is supposedly made in USA?

Are you implying most tires are made in China??$%#@!
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2021 at 04:11 PM

Here is a discussion with a leading vaccine developer who discusses why vaccines are good, how they should be used and he explores risk versus reward of prophylactic type of vaccines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAtg85QEKGk

Mass Vaccination in a Pandemic - Benefits versus Risks: interview with Geert Vanden Bossche

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-16-2021 at 04:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
Here is a discussion with a leading vaccine developer who discusses why vaccines are good, how they should be used and he explores risk versus reward of prophylactic type of vaccines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAtg85QEKGk

Mass Vaccination in a Pandemic - Benefits versus Risks: interview with Geert Vanden Bossche

Gnukid,
Why you posting flash links? You profess to be a computer whiz kid - you should know better than to post obsolete stuff...

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 3-16-2021 at 06:59 PM

gnukid,

No I’m saying that if you conspiracy folks (both Left and Right) trust DOT enough to drive on tires that can have all kinds of failures but don't trust the CDC (same government) enough to get the various vaccinations you are inconsistent at the least! If they’ll lie to you about shots, they’ll lie to you about tires too! Think about it!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2021 at 07:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
I had two doses of the mRNA vaccine and i still don’t like Bill Gates or Joe Biden!

I asked Goat this question, “Who do you buy tires for your car from?” He didn’t answer, you probably wont either!

Last tires I bought were for my trailer, think I bought them online, on sale, and had them mounted at a local tire shop. Before that, Costco. Before that, discount tire. Before that, I forget.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2021 at 07:21 PM

gnukid,

No I’m saying that if you conspiracy folks (both Left and Right) trust DOT enough to drive on tires that can have all kinds of failures but don't trust the CDC (same government) enough to get the various vaccinations you are inconsistent at the least! If they’ll lie to you about shots, they’ll lie to you about tires too! Think about it!

Cognitive dissonance seems a staple in gnukid's world.

John
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2021 at 07:22 PM

Goat,

You trust the craven commercial interests and the DOT,(government) to sell you tires that won’t deliberately kill you but not other things? Same craven commercial interests and government! Just saying, thats inconsistent at the least!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2021 at 07:25 PM

Goat,

You trust the craven commercial interests and the DOT,(government) to sell you tires that won’t deliberately kill you but not other things? Same craven commercial interests and government! Just saying, thats inconsistent at the least!

Wtf are you talking about?

Woke!

RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2021 at 07:34 PM

If ths is too complicated, I’ll try and make it simpler. Every transaction you make requires some trust in others, both government and or the seller. If you believe that one or the other is out to get you how can you buy anything at all? If the vaccinations aren't safe why would anything be safe? Milk, tires, you name it!

Yet the people who cry conspiracy the loudest still drive and buy things vouched for by others! That’s inconsistent!
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2021 at 08:06 PM

\

...trust DOT enough to drive on tires that can have all kinds of failures but don't trust the CDC (same government)

I have had two new bf Goodrich tires explode, one set of Goodyears failed and were under recall but I was not notified and a set of michelins had uneven wear.

So yes failures occur, though, buying tires is one thing, versus taking (CDC) word that your (RNA) computer system is unreliable, so everyone of you need to accept an artificial simulated new one that is untested long term for failures and only available under emergency authorization, while you know from your history that your (RNA) computer system is the most reliable system available and you are healthy, and their history has a long list of failures?

Perhaps this is not a situation that deserves a tires versus vaccines comparison, though, I thought you were going for the argument that everything comes from China wheeeew.

Again, the focus is on risk versus reward of an experimental mRNA vaccine with no long term testing.
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2021 at 08:17 PM

gnukid,

Bad tires kill more people than bad Vaccinations yet most take the risk and drive!! Large rocks often fall from the sky too! There are no absolute guarantees!
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 3-16-2021 at 08:31 PM

Geezuz.....this just turned into a tire thread !!!!!

Ya gotta love BN..... next morph will be "Who/where can you trust for street tacos?" :biggrin:

Don't believe everything you think....
RFClark
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2021 at 08:41 PM

Street fish tacos in Ensenada often equal Moctezuma’s revenge so probably that’s a conspiracy too! (Irony!)
Glidergeek
Nomad

Mood: Moody

[*] posted on 3-17-2021 at 07:45 AM

I got immunized July 24 when I tested positive for the China virus.
Nov 20, Dec 19, Feb 5 and Mar 5 my Antibodies are still positive. sorry for the thread drift.

there I fixed it for all of you cry babies

[Edited on 3-17-2021 by Glidergeek]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-17-2021 at 08:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Glidergeek  
I got vaccinated July 24 when I tested positive for the China virus.
Nov 20, Dec 19, Feb 5 and Mar 5 my Antibodies are still positive. sorry for the thread drift.

Vaccinated with what? The first Covid shots were in mid December.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Glidergeek
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2021 at 08:14 AM

I'm with Medicare, w/Kaiser sup and I asked my primary for the tests so I know when my antibodies run out. I'm an old guy (68) and the Dr is interested too as to when they run out. So far they have not charged me for the 4 tests. As of today according to the WWW 29.6 mil people in the USA potentially have antibodies. Not counting the asymptomatic that don't even know they've had the China virus. On Dec 20 I flew to Ohio (3 connecting flights) it was nice to know I was protected.
Glidergeek
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2021 at 08:19 AM

Immunization confers immunity. As such, a person can become immune to a disease when the body is exposed to the disease-causing organism (pathogen) and develops antibodies to fight it. The exposure can occur either through vaccination or natural infection.

With that said, the term immunization infers vaccination rather than natural infection.

this is my source...https://www.verywellhealth.com/the-difference-between-immunization-and-vaccination-4140251

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Quote: Originally posted by Glidergeek  
I got vaccinated July 24 when I tested positive for the China virus.

Vaccinated with what? The first Covid shots were in mid December.
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2021 at 08:23 AM

china virus? who calls it that? oh , wait. never mind.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2021 at 11:57 AM

Gnukid.

They say leaders are not the ones who make the right decisions but those who talk the longest and the loudest. Perhaps you'll outlast us all. I've grown weary of all this.
Mr. Bills
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2021 at 12:31 PM

Back on the topic of who is vaccinated and ready for Baja.

I will be second dose +14 tomorrow.

I intend to head for Baja at the end of next week.
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.