BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  11
Author: Subject: Who is now vaccinated and ready for Baja?
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 4-3-2021 at 03:33 PM

Quote: Originally posted by elgatoloco  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
Back to the topic..... I'm 61 w/MS & hypertension but I still don't quality for a vaccine in CA. Soon I hope, I am planning to help mi suegro in the latter part of May and early June to continue house repair work and to follow him home. We have been enjoying getting back into fly fishing this past year, I really miss Baja Ca Sur and the SoC. Looking forward to paddling, fishing, snorkeling & whale sharks.

You CAN make an appointment

https://covid19.ca.gov/

People with a high chance of exposure, high-risk, and those 65 or older are eligible for vaccination and can schedule appointments now. If you’re eligible, and live or work in certain counties, you can schedule an appointment through My Turn. Appointments are available in Spanish.

Unfortunately., Multiple Sclerosis and Hypertension are excluded from the list of current eligibility. I did go on line to schedule but it rubs me the wrong way to lie. I'm good to wait - I am retired and am not at risk of catching or spreading.

10-4. Take care. Be safe. I will get mine right after you do. :dudette:

I got my first shot yesterday! Psizer... next on 4/23 so I get to go to BCS. Yay. But boy my arm sure hurts... not too long I hope.
elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2021 at 06:47 PM

Back to the topic..... I'm 61 w/MS & hypertension but I still don't quality for a vaccine in CA. Soon I hope, I am planning to help mi suegro in the latter part of May and early June to continue house repair work and to follow him home. We have been enjoying getting back into fly fishing this past year, I really miss Baja Ca Sur and the SoC. Looking forward to paddling, fishing, snorkeling & whale sharks.

You CAN make an appointment

https://covid19.ca.gov/

People with a high chance of exposure, high-risk, and those 65 or older are eligible for vaccination and can schedule appointments now. If you’re eligible, and live or work in certain counties, you can schedule an appointment through My Turn. Appointments are available in Spanish.

Unfortunately., Multiple Sclerosis and Hypertension are excluded from the list of current eligibility. I did go on line to schedule but it rubs me the wrong way to lie. I'm good to wait - I am retired and am not at risk of catching or spreading.

10-4. Take care. Be safe. I will get mine right after you do. :dudette:

I got my first shot yesterday! Psizer... next on 4/23 so I get to go to BCS. Yay. But boy my arm sure hurts... not too long I hope.

That's great news. I got my first Pfizer dose on Thursday. Countdown is on. :dudette::saint:

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

KaceyJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2021 at 06:49 PM

Quote: Originally posted by bajagregg  
Got my second shot of the Pfizer vaccine today at Kaiser Permanente and had an interesting conversation with the LVN. I mentioned that my sister-in-law got the J & J shot and that it really affected her for a day. The LVN said that is what they are seeing with some some people with the JNJ shot. She went on to say that the Pfizer shots seem to be best as far as reactions go.

There is a real good reason the CA. Governor got the J&J shot
By the orientation of all the pseudo scientists and mind readers/analyst on this board I wouldn't ask why.:no:
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 4-4-2021 at 06:47 AM

Happy Easter !!! :bounce:
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 06:52 AM
Covid Vaccinations

Here is some interesting information for all of you Baja Nomad internet medical research scientists to chime in on and dismiss. ( I can’t wait to be better informed.)

https://www.globalresearch.ca/new-report-sheds-light-vaccine...

https://www.salk.edu/news-release/the-novel-coronavirus-spik...

This is concerning, considering how many people have been vaccinated and who are readily accepting the idea that boosters every six months to a year are going to be necessary forever. And vaccine passports are gaining ground in many countries. One statement in the global research article, right at the top of the article, couldn’t state it any better: “The risk-benefit calculus is therefore clear: the experimental vaccines are needless, ineffective and dangerous. Actors authorizing, coercing or administering experimental COVID-19 vaccination are exposing populations and patients to serious, unnecessary, and unjustified medical risks.” Doctors for Covid Ethics, April 29, 2021
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 07:11 AM

Somebody needs to teach you old people to not believe everything you read on the internet!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 07:20 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Somebody needs to teach you old people to not believe everything you read on the internet!

Right! Salk research Scientists information couldn’t possibly be as reliable as that coming from the Goat Institute.😂
BajaMama
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 07:29 AM

I trust medical experts, facts and science. Now that I am, ahem, older, I get a flu shot every year. I got the double dose of covid vaccine. I will get a booster every 6 months if necessary.

Vaccine passport? Well, yes. Many, many countries already require proof of certain vaccinations in order to enter. You used to have to have your yellow vaccine card to enter Europe. This is nothing new. If I were a restaurant owner, I would require vaccines to enter. My patrons would feel more comfortable sitting closer to others knowing there is a slim to zero chance of disease transmission.

And, regarding the article, the "Doctors for Covid Ethics" doesn't even exist! It was removed by the server for misinformation. 😂😂😂😂

[Edited on 5-13-2021 by BajaMama]

BajaMama
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 07:44 AM

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different...
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 07:49 AM

I trust medical experts, facts and science. Now that I am, ahem, older, I get a flu shot every year. I got the double dose of covid vaccine. I will get a booster every 6 months if necessary.

Vaccine passport? Well, yes. Many, many countries already require proof of certain vaccinations in order to enter. You used to have to have your yellow vaccine card to enter Europe. This is nothing new. If I were a restaurant owner, I would require vaccines to enter. My patrons would feel more comfortable sitting closer to others knowing there is a slim to zero chance of disease transmission.

And, regarding the article, the "Doctors for Covid Ethics" doesn't even exist! It was removed by the server for misinformation. 😂😂😂😂

Amazing! Why am I not surprised? Is this anything new today?
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 07:52 AM

I trust medical experts, facts and science.

I half trust the CDC. They really botched the risk of transmission outdoors. This from the Lib leaning NYT times: A huge exaggeration https://messaging-custom-newsletters.nytimes.com/template/oa...

Also the CDC director said it was safe for kids to be back in school, and then the White House disagreed and told us she was only "speaking in her personal capacity."

The CDC then allowed the most powerful school union in the US to aid them in drafting the official guidance on getting kids back to schools. They inserted language provided verbatim from the union into the guidelines.

Fauci is all over the place as well. He told us Covid wasn't dangerous. Then told us masks weren't necessary. And has said about a dozen more things that he has flip-flopped on or just make zero sense.

Higher ups at the WHO have said lock-downs beyond the point of allowing medical personnel time to gear up, do more harm than good.

Florida never had a mask mandate and stayed mostly open, had kids back in school in August. California was the exact opposite. Both states did slightly better on deaths/million compared to the US average (FL 27, CA 29).

[Edited on 5-13-2021 by JZ]

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 07:56 AM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  
Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

Right! Salk research Scientists information couldn’t possibly be as reliable as that coming from the Goat Institute.😂

Since you are old, I must remind you that you did not post just a Salk piece, but you also posted a piece of nonsense from a fringe lunatic website… and repeated their unsound lunatic conclusion

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 08:03 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
I trust medical experts, facts and science.

I half trust the CDC. They really botched the risk of transmission outdoors. This from the Lib leaning NYT times: A huge exaggeration https://messaging-custom-newsletters.nytimes.com/template/oa...

Also the CDC director said it was safe for kids to be back in school, and then the White House disagreed and told us she was only "speaking in her personal capacity."

The CDC then allowed the most powerful school union in the US to aid them in drafting the official guidance on getting kids back to schools. They inserted language provided verbatim from the union into the guidelines.

Fauci is all over the place as well. He told us Covid wasn't dangerous. Then told us masks weren't necessary. And has said about a dozen more things that he has flip-flopped on or just make zero sense.

Higher ups at the WHO have said lock-downs beyond the point of allowing medical personnel time to gear up, do more harm than good.

Florida never had a mask mandate and stayed mostly open, had kids back in school in August. California was the exact opposite. Both states did slightly better on deaths/million compared to the US average (FL 27, CA 29).

[Edited on 5-13-2021 by JZ]

Jizzy:
You are a sillly Little man. You myopically look at conclusions and advice from month 1 of the pandemic, and assume that all experts should have known everything in first month of pandemic…

Woke!

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 08:40 AM

Here is some personal experience that I can 100% vouch for (I am 83, my wife is 77):

On Oct. 31, 2020 I came down with the first symptoms of Covid-19. 2 days later my wife came down with the same symptoms, and I had her tested for Covid. She tested positive for Covid, and the Doc. said that I did not need to be tested as it was obvious under our circumstances that I was the one that gave my wife Covid . We remained in our house, exhibiting most all the classic symptoms, until Nov. 17th, and then determined we were no longer symptomatic for the most part, and probably over the worst of the disease.

On Feb. 4th, 2021 we both were tested for Covid "anti-bodies" and we both tested positive. We got tested for anti-bodies because we were both exhibiting mild "long hauler" Covid symptoms still, tho the symptoms were slowly fading week by week, and still are to this day. On May 6, 2021 I again got tested for Covid anti-bodies, and the test was positive we learned yesterday.

Neither of us has been vaccinated for Covid-19 yet. Since we still have Covid anti-bodies after 6 months of believing we were over from having the main bout and full symptoms of Covid-19, we will not get vaccinated until we no longer test positive for Covid-19 anti-bodies.

We have had all the normal vaccinations recommended over the years, and I do get my yearly "flu shots", but I see no reason to take the chance on an experimental Covid vaccination at this time. We will make the decision to get vaccinated when we no longer test positive for Covid anti-bodies, should that actually happen. Our Doctor agrees with our decisions, or so she says.

Barry

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 09:12 AM

Hi Barry,
Thank you for your report... and we are so happy you recovered. Do you know how or where you got the Covid, being how sheltered most Americans were in post-March 13, 2020?

Personally, I also have no problem getting shots and do get the annual flu shot... seems to work well for me. On recommendation from a pharmacist friend, I did up my Vitamin D3 intake (from 1000 to 3000 IU)... and have not been sick one day the past year. I also take a One a Day vitamin.

Baja Angel works for Kaiser and got her Moderna shots early on. The second shot made her feel like she had the 24 hour flu. All good since. When a vaccination clinic was set up here in our senior community for all residents (55+), I got the Johnson & Johnson one shot. Absolutely no pain, no side-effects. We both are 63 years old.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 09:57 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  
Here is some personal experience that I can 100% vouch for (I am 83, my wife is 77):

On Oct. 31, 2020 I came down with the first symptoms of Covid-19. 2 days later my wife came down with the same symptoms, and I had her tested for Covid. She tested positive for Covid, and the Doc. said that I did not need to be tested as it was obvious under our circumstances that I was the one that gave my wife Covid . We remained in our house, exhibiting most all the classic symptoms, until Nov. 17th, and then determined we were no longer symptomatic for the most part, and probably over the worst of the disease.

On Feb. 4th, 2021 we both were tested for Covid "anti-bodies" and we both tested positive. We got tested for anti-bodies because we were both exhibiting mild "long hauler" Covid symptoms still, tho the symptoms were slowly fading week by week, and still are to this day. On May 6, 2021 I again got tested for Covid anti-bodies, and the test was positive we learned yesterday.

Neither of us has been vaccinated for Covid-19 yet. Since we still have Covid anti-bodies after 6 months of believing we were over from having the main bout and full symptoms of Covid-19, we will not get vaccinated until we no longer test positive for Covid-19 anti-bodies.

We have had all the normal vaccinations recommended over the years, and I do get my yearly "flu shots", but I see no reason to take the chance on an experimental Covid vaccination at this time. We will make the decision to get vaccinated when we no longer test positive for Covid anti-bodies, should that actually happen. Our Doctor agrees with our decisions, or so she says.

Barry

Thanks for sharing Barry.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 10:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
Hi Barry,
Thank you for your report... and we are so happy you recovered. Do you know how or where you got the Covid, being how sheltered most Americans were in post-March 13, 2020?

David---------in answer to your question: We were on the road coming back to Redding, CA from Phoenix. We used no restaurants or public bathroom facilities on the entire trip, coming and going. But, on the return home trip we did stop at a Mega-gas station in AZ just east of Needles, CA that was really busy. I believe that must be where I picked up the Plague, probably from touching something that I should not have done without using
my gloves or sanitizer. (dumb, and careless).

BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 11:39 AM

My son got Covid and my wife & I traveled with him for 3 hrs. and then stayed in our small Arizona trailer home.
I just got my 2nd Pfizer shot that day, wife already had her first Astra Z shot.
Both of us were as exposed as you could possibly be and we didn't get sick. Kid got real bad, but we got an extra script from someone who got it also and the inhaler helped get the breathing thing right.
Strike 1 is how I see it, I'm still up at bat.

Es Todo Bueno
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 12:18 PM

Ted---Yep, we all react differently, it seems. The day I apparently caught Covid, my wife and I stayed with my Son at his house in Independence, CA for 2 full days/3 nights. At the time I did not know I had caught the Covid until the day we left his house for the drive home. He did catch the Covid (from me?) during that time. He is 58, and has had pretty severe asthma all his life, so we were all really worried. He suffered moderate symptoms of Covid for about 36 hours, and then he was fine. Go figure!!! He has not been tested for anti-bodies as his Doc. will not prescribe it, which I think is weird.

Since that time, he has gotten his two Moderna shots as his workplace required that he get vaccinated. He did react to the 2 Moderna shots mildly and felt pretty bad for about 24 hours each time, and then he was fine again. He did not get the 2 Moderna shots until about a month ago. He has been fine ever since.

We now all think he has strong anti-bodies against Covid (shots, plus having the disease), but we are not sure about that as the Doc. still will not prescribe testing for anti-bodies. My Son, a Lawyer, is considering his options if he really gets sick with Covid in the near future, or has blood-clot problems (etc.) down the line as he really did not want to get the "shots" under his particular circumstances.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 12:49 PM

CDC had a major news brief today... Anyone who has been vaccinated for Covid can now go mask-less and be (in close) with other people who also have been vaccinated, indoor or outdoor. The exception is in medical facilities. Of course, this is a federal agency so the states are between them and us. California's governor made June 15 the day for freedom from masks.
Because of herd immunity the remaining unvaccinated people cannot corrupt the benefits of being vaccinated. Covid Vaccine for ages 12 and up are now available, too.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.