BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  11
Author: Subject: Who is now vaccinated and ready for Baja?
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 02:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Barry A.  
Ted---Yep, we all react differently, it seems. The day I apparently caught Covid, my wife and I stayed with my Son at his house in Independence, CA for 2 full days/3 nights. At the time I did not know I had caught the Covid until the day we left his house for the drive home. He did catch the Covid (from me?) during that time. He is 58, and has had pretty severe asthma all his life, so we were all really worried. He suffered moderate symptoms of Covid for about 36 hours, and then he was fine. Go figure!!! He has not been tested for anti-bodies as his Doc. will not prescribe it, which I think is weird.

Since that time, he has gotten his two Moderna shots as his workplace required that he get vaccinated. He did react to the 2 Moderna shots mildly and felt pretty bad for about 24 hours each time, and then he was fine again. He did not get the 2 Moderna shots until about a month ago. He has been fine ever since.

We now all think he has strong anti-bodies against Covid (shots, plus having the disease), but we are not sure about that as the Doc. still will not prescribe testing for anti-bodies. My Son, a Lawyer, is considering his options if he really gets sick with Covid in the near future, or has blood-clot problems (etc.) down the line as he really did not want to get the "shots" under his particular circumstances.

You don't need a Drs. order to get the anti-body test, unless maybe you are trying to get it covered by insurance. I got the test 5 mins from my house at beginning of last summer at an urgent care.

If I had to bet, I'd say you got it from your son. He was probably asymptomatic at first. I say this, because it would be pretty rare to get it by touching the surface of something at a gas station. That's not how this is spread. If it was, a lot, lot more of us would have gotten it.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 02:42 PM

JZ-----------hmmmmm, what in interesting idea you have on where I got Covid, and I admit it never occurred to me. Both my wife and I realized we had Covid a short time after leaving our Son's----- me on the day we left, and my wife 2 days later. My Son realized he had Covid the day after we left his place. I just assumed that I was the culprit.

Yes, my Health insurance does cover my Anti-bodies "tests", but does require an Rx from a Doctor, I think (but not sure on that). I will look into that. My Son assures me that he was told by his boss that an Rx from a Doc. is needed in order for him to get an anti-bodies test that is covered by his insurance. His Doc. would not prescribe one, he says.

Thanks for the input, JZ.

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 03:03 PM

;););)

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 5-13-2021 at 04:03 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
CDC had a major news brief today... Anyone who has been vaccinated for Covid can now go mask-less and be (in close) with other people who also have been vaccinated, indoor or outdoor.

Good thing we got microchips in the vaccine so we can identify the responsible and patriots that have been vaccinated -- and we can identify the miscreants and lunatics that have not been vaccinated. Need to remove the miscreants and lunatics from public spaces!

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

Glidergeek
Nomad

Mood: Moody

[*] posted on 5-14-2021 at 06:21 PM

"CDC had a major news brief today... Anyone who has been vaccinated for Covid can now go mask-less and be (in close) with other people who also have been vaccinated, indoor or outdoor."

So if you've been vaccinated and the person next to hasn't been you've got to wear a mask? So CDC doesn't trust this vaccination that they expect everyone to trust?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-14-2021 at 07:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Glidergeek  
"CDC had a major news brief today... Anyone who has been vaccinated for Covid can now go mask-less and be (in close) with other people who also have been vaccinated, indoor or outdoor."

So if you've been vaccinated and the person next to hasn't been you've got to wear a mask? So CDC doesn't trust this vaccination that they expect everyone to trust?

Have you been around for the past year? I would think that by now you would understand how the vaccine works and what protection it provides :no::no: Your Q reflects a real ignorance about the vaccine….

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Glidergeek
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2021 at 09:10 AM

So neither one of you can give a direct answer to a legitimate question and you are calling me ignorant?
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 5-15-2021 at 09:47 AM

I'll risk an answer. The reason people who have not been vaccinated should wear a mask is there are likely other people around that have also not been vaccinated who could be in a transmission stage of the virus. The unvaccinated need to protect themselves from contracting and spreading the virus.

Those who are vaccinated have a low likelihood of contracting or spreading the virus, according the the CDC. I'm not saying it doesn't happen - it does, but the occurrence is very, very low.

The biggest problem with the CDC guidelines is trusting people to be honest about whether or not they have been vaccinated. But that problem is only for the unvaccinated. As a vaccinated person I don't have to worry about the anti-vaxers anymore since the risk of transmission to me is so low.

[Edited on 5-15-2021 by BajaMama]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 5-15-2021 at 10:10 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
CDC had a major news brief today... Anyone who has been vaccinated for Covid can now go mask-less and be (in close) with other people who also have been vaccinated, indoor or outdoor.

Good thing we got microchips in the vaccine so we can identify the responsible and patriots that have been vaccinated -- and we can identify the miscreants and lunatics that have not been vaccinated. Need to remove the miscreants and lunatics from public spaces!

A guy named Adolf had similar ideas about a group of people...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Glidergeek
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2021 at 10:11 AM

Bajamama thanks for the answer but here's the question again. Let me rephrase it a little.

So if you've been vaccinated and the person next to you hasn't been you've (the vaccinated person) got to wear a mask?
does the CDC not trust this vaccination that they expect everyone to trust?

And if that person (next to the vaccinated) has had Covid and has antibodies why are they not treated the same as a vaccinated person?
I've noticed that the CDC is ignoring any mention of the people with "natural immunity" of which there are at least 33 million in the USA.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-15-2021 at 10:14 AM

Bajamama thanks for the answer but here's the question again. Let me rephrase it a little.

So if you've been vaccinated and the person next to you hasn't been you've (the vaccinated person) got to wear a mask?
does the CDC not trust this vaccination that they expect everyone to trust?

And if that person (next to the vaccinated) has had Covid and has antibodies why are they not treated the same as a vaccinated person?
I've noticed that the CDC is ignoring any mention of the people with "natural immunity" of which there are at least 33 million in the USA.

Get the vaccine, and stop being a pedantic tool.

Woke!

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-15-2021 at 10:17 AM

A guy named Adolf had similar ideas about a group of people...

Last month Frontline had an interesting piece on the “American Insurrection”
You should watch it (avail on PBS).
Part of it reviewed the Trump-supported right wing white supremacy movement, a modern-day movement similar to your Adolph guy’s movement last century.

Woke!

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-15-2021 at 10:19 AM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
Those who are vaccinated have a low likelihood of contracting or spreading the virus, according the the CDC.

I'm still not convinced about that. Consider the Yankees.

Yankees good example of vaccinated getting covid 19 but the vaccine worked and they had minor or no symptoms.
The vaccinated can get covid 19, but the vaccine has prepared the body to deal with it and make the disease progression much less serious

Woke!

Glidergeek
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-15-2021 at 10:21 AM

"Do you understand that the vaccinations, while offering a lot of protection to the vaccinated, may not prevent them from being asymptomatic carriers?"

No call me thick headed but I don't understand the relevance of this answer to the question I asked. And no I wasn't "venting" that's what people do in the heat of passion mostly without thinking.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 5-15-2021 at 10:24 AM

I am amused at the anti-vaxxers being so concerned about putting the vaccine in their body when they simultaneously participate in so many higher-risk unhealthy activities such as being over-weight, smoking dope, smoking tobacco, eating junk food, eating processed foods full of chemical additives, driving irresponsibly, etc.

In the big scheme of things, anti-Vaxxers are very poor evaluators of risk, and operate on some really misguided emotional stimuli from brain-washing alt-right media types.

Woke!

BajaMama
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2021 at 09:01 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaMama  
Those who are vaccinated have a low likelihood of contracting or spreading the virus, according the the CDC.

I'm still not convinced about that. Consider the Yankees.

7 of the 8 were asymptomatic, proving the vaccine works. Had they not been vaccinated they could have gotten very ill, perhaps hospitalized. Only one player got infected, the other 7 were coaches and support staff. According to the NYT their quarters during a rain delay was much smaller than the players. And no mention of they contracted the virus from a vaccinated or vaccinated person.
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2021 at 02:12 PM

Yankees good example of vaccinated getting covid 19 but the vaccine worked and they had minor or no symptoms.

We understand that and the article states such.

The point is that they probably spread it among themselves in spite of being vaccinated. Which is why vaccinated folks should wear masks where they could potentially infect others who might not have immunity.

I can't believe we're belaboring such a basic concept. :rolleyes:

Those that got vaccinated have served their "greater community good" by getting vaccinated. It is totally irrelevant that they could all be asymptomatic spreaders except to the un vaccinated, who in turn deserve their outcome due to their personal irresponsibility.

Es Todo Bueno
BajaMama
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2021 at 03:47 PM

Lencho I don't think we're arguing - sorry if I came across that way.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-16-2021 at 05:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  

Those that got vaccinated have served their "greater community good" by getting vaccinated. It is totally irrelevant that they could all be asymptomatic spreaders except to the un vaccinated, who in turn deserve their outcome due to their personal irresponsibility.

This is a really bad take.

We are all vaccinated, but I respect anyone's decision to not put something in their body.

They might have already had Covid, like Barry. Or are under 50 and in good health and have an extremely small chance of serious illness. It's their choice.

The numbers are way down as the most vulnerable have been vaccinated.

The left's intolerance knows no bounds and this statement is par for course.

lencho
Junior Nomad

Mood: Somnoliento

[*] posted on 5-16-2021 at 05:50 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
The left's intolerance knows no bounds and this statement is par for course.

left_wingers.gif - 105kB

[Edited on 12-16-2021 by lencho]

"I can normally tell how intelligent a man is, by how stupid he thinks I am."

"...they were careful of their demeanor that they not be thought to have opinions on what they heard for like most men skilled at their work they were scornful of any least suggestion of knowing anything not learned at first hand."
            Cormac McCarthy, All the Pretty Horses

"Be kind, be patient, help others." -- Isabel Allende

"My gas stove identifies as electric." Anonymous

Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  11

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.