Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Winged pigs to take flight in Mexico, says AMLO
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-15-2021 at 03:07 PM
Winged pigs to take flight in Mexico, says AMLO

https://www.eleconomista.com.mx/empresas/Gasolineras-que-no-...

Gasolineras que no den litros completos perderán concesión
El presidente Andrés Manuel López Obrador advirtió que presentará una reforma para quitar concesiones a las gasolineras que no den litros de a litro, al tiempo que descartó un gasolinazo durante su gobierno.

El presidente Andrés Manuel López Obrador advirtió que presentará una reforma para quitar concesiones a las gasolineras que no den litros de a litro, al tiempo que descartó un gasolinazo durante su gobierno.

Ante la especulación derivada por el aumento al precio de la gasolina y el diésel, refirió que no hay razón para que éstos se eleven más allá de la inflación, por lo que se comenzarán a dar más concesiones para que haya más competencia.

“Hay especulación… No tiene por qué aumentar el precio de las gasolinas más allá de la inflación porque estamos dando un subsidio en el cobro en el impuesto a los gasolineros”, subrayó el mandatario en conferencia de prensa matutina.

También advirtió que “estamos ya por hacer una reforma para suspenderle la concesión a las gasolineras que roben. O sea, se acabó la robadera.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 3-15-2021 at 03:13 PM

BRAVO!
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-15-2021 at 03:21 PM

A change of policy.....Presto, chango, it's done!

Enforcing the change.....We'll circle back to that one!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 3-15-2021 at 07:03 PM

“So it is written, so shall it be done”!
Yul Brynner

It would be interesting to know how much of the gasoline and low sulfur diesel in Baja is still refined in the US. Jesus and Maria is about as far as they deliver from the North.

It used to be that gas and diesel were barged to La Paz for the rest of Baja. Premium was refined in the US. That makes controlling the price a challange!

[Edited on 3-18-2021 by RFClark]
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-15-2021 at 07:36 PM

Controlling the price is one part of the discussion, but making sure that the pumps are putting out a full liter of the correct product takes a bit more detailed supervision.

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
UnoMas
Nomad

Mood: Great

[*] posted on 3-15-2021 at 07:49 PM

What about all the scams the attendants pull? Like the 500 to 50 peso quick of hand exchange. Full liters would be nice but the biggest scams come from the pump jockey's. ;)
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 3-15-2021 at 07:59 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
“So it is written, so shall it be done”!
Yul Brinner

It would be interesting to know how much of the gasoline and low sulfur diesel in Baja is still refined in the US. Jesus and Maria is about as far as they deliver from the North.

It used to be that gas and diesel were barged to La Paz for the rest of Baja. Premium was refined in the US. That makes controlling the price a challange!

They refine plenty of diesel on the west coast of Mexico. Uncertain how much - if any - is the ULSD. The gasoline is from Los Angeles - manufactured (I would assume) to Pemex's specs. I'm not aware of any Pemex refinery capacity increases that will change this anytime soon.

Northern Baja is serviced from Rosarito - pipelines to Ensenada terminal(s) and across to Mexicali terminal(s) with shorter truck delivery routes. They offload the large transports coming in at Rosarito a ways offshore.

Southern Baja is serviced by terminal in Pichilingue (La Paz area). They bring big transport ships in... right up to the dock outside the terminal... not barges. Maybe they bring more truck transports over from the mainland via barges when needed/necessary though?? I dunno.

Uncertain where the cutoff is for gas station deliveries in mid-Baja (for trucks from Pichilingue and/or Rosarito). I don't know that BCN/BCS line is divider.... possible that Guerrero Negro area gets gas from Rosarito terminal instead of La Paz terminal... or maybe both?

fwiw

[Edited on 3-16-2021 by BajaNomad]

[Edited on 4-5-2022 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2021 at 09:28 AM

Well, one can only hope they really enforce this new policy. It is so frustrating to get shorted liters!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
vandy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2021 at 11:17 AM

A while back, David "Cheapskate" Eidell put forth a theory that made sense and has always worked for me.

He said that the Pemexes had to be able to fool the inspectors using ten-liter test bottles.
So the pumps would pump correctly if you punched in how many liters.

If you ordered in pesos, or said "fill it up", the pump is programmed to stiff you by exaggerating liters.

I have never had a problem ordering in liters, except when the calculators come out and the attendants try to punch in "pesos". I threaten to leave (and sometimes do leave).

The attendants know why.

I bring this up because the inspectors will have to change their methods, and maybe check for pump software tampering.

The worst offender in my life was about 15 years ago in Loreto, first Pemex in town on the right coming from the south.
They managed to put 80 liters into my 17-gallon tank before I stopped them, at least a 25% overcharge as the tank wasn't even empty.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2021 at 04:34 PM

BCS is also served by truck. When traveling from CSL to Mulege or back I can count more than 10 trucks - huge 18-wheeler w/ trailers even bigger than the truck itself - coming from the US. I talked to several drivers over the past 10 month and yes, from the US.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2021 at 06:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by vandy  

The worst offender in my life was about 15 years ago in Loreto, first Pemex in town on the right coming from the south.
They managed to put 80 liters into my 17-gallon tank before I stopped them, at least a 25% overcharge as the tank wasn't even empty.

My question to you: WHY DID YOU DRIVE YOUR TANK THAT EMPTY ??? :lol::lol::lol::?:
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-17-2021 at 08:52 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  
BCS is also served by truck. When traveling from CSL to Mulege or back I can count more than 10 trucks - huge 18-wheeler w/ trailers even bigger than the truck itself - coming from the US. I talked to several drivers over the past 10 month and yes, from the US.

The gasoline is coming from the US, but the transport trucks through most of BCS (uncertain if gas in/near GN is coming from the north or south) are filling up at the Pichilingue Pemex terminal near La Paz. There are no Pemex trucks filling up at the San Diego Kinder-Morgan terminal, and I'm confident they're not filling up at the Imperial Valley terminal either.

[Edited on 3-18-2021 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-17-2021 at 09:10 PM

I'm gonna ask my guys at the Marathon terminal and see if they have any good information on how that gasoline gets into Baja....by ship to La Paz/Rosarito or???

I know one of my customers sends Hydrogen (not for cars) to Mexico via rail....
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2021 at 07:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
I know one of my customers sends Hydrogen (not for cars) to Mexico via rail....

Wow! In liquid form? What for? :?:

I'm not sure - but I'll ask! The stuff that stays stateside goes to Vandenburg and Cape Canaveral to launch stuff into space!

Maybe Mexico is working on a secret space program somewhere in Oaxaca or the East Cape!!??!!!
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-29-2021 at 08:51 PM

I talked with someone at the Arco terminal today and they are sending tanker trucks from Carson across the border into Baja, Mexico but I think that is specifically for the TJ market. And this is just specifically for Arco branded sites. 6 tanker trucks a day.
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 3-29-2021 at 11:00 PM

A couple of things. I spoke with several locals in Pescadero (BCS) who believe that PEMEX has their pumps programmed to cheat you if you order in Pesos. They also believe that they get worse mileage from gas bought at the Pescadero PEMEX. I tend to agree with them about the poor milage from gas purchased at that station.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 3-30-2021 at 01:00 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Ateo  
I talked with someone at the Arco terminal today and they are sending tanker trucks from Carson across the border into Baja, Mexico but I think that is specifically for the TJ market. And this is just specifically for Arco branded sites. 6 tanker trucks a day.

Curious.... does this mean they are sending trucks from SoCal empty to fill up at Rosarito terminal, KMI in San Diego, or ??

Sending trucks with Arco gasoline from Carson to Tijuana doesn't seem to make sense. The Arco gasoline in San Diego should be coming from the KMI terminal - the truck transportation from LA area would be cost prohibitive, especially for a discount provider. Is this a MX formulation and they're happy to absorb the extra transportation costs? Why wouldn't they send the special blend to San Diego (or border) by rail car (costs less than truck transport, 30k gallons at a time versus 8500-8800 gallons at a time)?

:?::?::?:

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 3-30-2021 at 01:15 AM

Arco (Tesoro) has a bulk fuel terminal in San Diego on Harbor Dr next to NASSCO. Does not make sense for arco to truck from Carson to TJ.

And here some info on the deals... fuel in baja comes from many places!

Tesoro inks transportation and storage deal with Mexico's Pemex
https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2017/07/18/tesor...

Supply deal allows Tesoro to sell its ARCO brand of gasoline in Mexico
https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2017/07/28/suppl...

Spotlight: Fuel storage projects in Mexico
https://www.bnamericas.com/en/features/spotlight-fuel-storag...

– Refined products terminal; Rosarito, Baja California
Capex: US$100mn, early works stage
Owner/operator: Andeavor; partner CFEnergía

The project entails building a refined products terminal aimed at reducing costs of fuel imports for the Arco service stations network in northwestern Mexico. The network is owned by US energy logistics company Andeavor, a subsidiary of Marathon Petroleum.

The US company will build and operate the facility on leased land within state-owned electricity utility CFE's storage facility.

– Baja Refinados terminal; La Jovita energy center, Baja California
Capex: US$130mn, construction decision pending
Owner/operator: IEnova
(Sempra, Ensenada)

The project consists of the development, construction and operation of a marine terminal for the receipt, storage and delivery of hydrocarbons, mainly gasoline and diesel. The terminal will expand the supply options and improve logistics in the supply of refined products in Baja California.

And some fuel arriving in baja from Anacortes,...

Andeavor makes first fuel shipment to Mexico
https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2017/10/18/andea...

And here is interesting story on fuel smuggling....

Investigation: Surge in Suspect Imports Undermines Mexico Fuel Markets
http://info.opisnet.com/mexico-fuel-news

December 4, 2019

Private Companies Gain Terrain

According to SENER, private companies imported 101,800 b/d of gasoline during October, a new high record. This is 18,000 b/d more than the level of the previous month and three times the levels reported for a year ago.

Private gasoline imports grew thanks to ExxonMobil and Glencore, the two largest importers after Pemex, according to data by PIERS Enterprise by IHS Markit.

According to PIERS, ExxonMobil imported 27,000 b/d of gasoline during October, 7,000 b/d more than the previous month.

Glencore imported 18,000 b/d of gasoline during October, which is 6,400 b/d more than in September, PIERS data shows.

Glencore surpassed Marathon Petroleum to become Mexico's second-largest gasoline private importer, according to PIERS. The U.S. refiner imported 15,700 b/d of gasoline in October into Mexico.

Glencore introduced all imports via its marine terminal at the Port of Dos Bocas, Tabasco, in southern Mexico, PIERS data shows.

Meanwhile, ExxonMobil has worked in partnership with KCSM to ship fuel using unit trains across the Western, Central and northern Mexico.

Marathon offloaded over 12,000 b/d of gasoline at Mexico's northwestern ports of Ensenada, Mazatlan, Topolobampo, Guaymas and La Paz, where it acquired storage capacity from Pemex at its logistic open seasons.

Compared with a year ago, ExxonMobil grew its gasoline imports into Mexico by 108%. Meanwhile, Glencore in October 2018 reported no gasoline imports despite inaugurating its Dos Bocas marine terminal in August of that year.

Mexico's Windstar Energy and Novum Energy have increased their gasoline imports into Mexico significantly year over year.

In October 2019, Windstar imported 11,200 b/d of gasoline and Novum imported 5,900 b/d. Compared with a year ago, they grew imports by 133% and 390%, respectively.

As new terminals have come online, private imports have increased. "Over the last year, companies are also becoming more efficient and streamlining their operations as time pass," Williamson said.

[Edited on 3-30-2021 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

bajaric
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2021 at 07:37 AM

It does seem odd that Arco would send tankers from Carson to Baja, when they could deliver from the Harbor Drive terminal. One possible reason is that the gas at Harbor drive is "California blend" and they can ship from the refinery at Carson without having to blend ethanol with it. Maybe Mexico vehicles are not designed to run on ethanol. Its only a 2 hour drive from Carson to the border in the middle of the night. That would be just a few hundred dollars more per load for the additional labor to run the truck for 4 extra hours, and minus the tariff charged by Kinder Morgan to use their pipeline.

Fun fact; the Harbor Dr. terminal is supplied by a pipeline from Mission Valley, that comes down from LA. It is all the same gas, when it gets to the Harbor Dr. terminal the various companies that have tanks there (Arco, Chevron, etc.) add special additives to make it "Techroline" or whatever their branded super duper special gas is.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-30-2021 at 08:13 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
A couple of things. I spoke with several locals in Pescadero (BCS) who believe that PEMEX has their pumps programmed to cheat you if you order in Pesos. They also believe that they get worse mileage from gas bought at the Pescadero PEMEX. I tend to agree with them about the poor milage from gas purchased at that station.

The fuel that is coming from the United States into Baja has no ethanol in it from what I was told. My guess is that the mileage on that fuel may be just a tad better than it is in Southern California. But what do I know? Ha ha Ha
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.