BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  
Author: Subject: A year into the pandemic and we have finally learned that lock downs and travel restrictions don't work
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2021 at 06:46 AM

New hypothesis:
Survival of the fittest and survival of the altered world.
What would Chucky D. think if he were around today?

Es Todo Bueno
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2021 at 09:12 AM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  

Regarding masks, I wear a mask pretty dutifully. Even had one on at the outdoor dog park today. I have wondered how much it really does help and suspect it's much less than some have suggested.

Note cases are down 29% since Texas eliminated the mask mandate two weeks ago. Remember, just because the govt. doesn't have a mask mandate, doesn't mean ppl won't wear masks. Florida never had a mask mandate. They allowed ppl and businesses to make their own choices.

Ditto on the masks.

At a supermarket recently in Flagstaff, where posted signs on the front door read ''masks required,'' I saw a woman shopping with couple kids in tow, with an angry expression. Like, ''I dare you to tell me to put on a mask.'' Nobody said anything to her.

Misdirected anger. Tell some to wear a mask, they'll punch you.

Any guesses whether these are conservatives or liberals?

All the same to me. Wear a mask or don't. Just stay away from me.

Another thing about optional masks, or lockdowns. People aren't responsible. Just what I see.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2021 at 09:35 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Lee  

You think masks and distancing = pointless. That's the debate, amigo.

Regarding masks, I wear a mask pretty dutifully. Even had one on at the outdoor dog park today. I have wondered how much it really does help and suspect it's much less than some have suggested.

Note cases are down 29% since Texas eliminated the mask mandate two weeks ago. Remember, just because the govt. doesn't have a mask mandate, doesn't mean ppl won't wear masks. Florida never had a mask mandate. They allowed ppl and businesses to make their own choices.

This is a totally meaningless graph. You may as well label when you ate ice cream last year and look for relationships. This is a gnukid type of post to show something.

When cases go up you’re asked to wear a mask and when they come down you’re told you don’t have to. You’ve got the horse before the cart. Masks don’t CAUSE numbers to go up. They’re the RESULT of numbers going up.

Keep company with gnukid and you’ll go far.
Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2021 at 10:25 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Skipjack Joe  

This is a totally meaningless graph. You may as well label when you ate ice cream last year and look for relationships. This is a gnukid type of post to show something.

When cases go up you’re asked to wear a mask and when they come down you’re told you don’t have to. You’ve got the horse before the cart. Masks don’t CAUSE numbers to go up. They’re the RESULT of numbers going up.

I have worn a mask the last year as required for certain establishments. I have also seen no actual evidence that a cloth face covering does anything to prevent transmission. I also received both vaccinations and am of the belief that if you want to wear a mask great. If not, great. Why do so many here feel they need to be the Covid police? I dont see these same folks worrying about the mass influx of illegal aliens pouring into USA without being tested.... What gives?
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 3-26-2021 at 10:27 AM

Untitled.jpg - 143kB

I added some data points to make the graph more interesting.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-26-2021 at 10:37 AM

The majority of Americans are over this, or will be soon... Wearing a mask is not the new normal, and no amount of government arm twisting is going to change opinions... especially with the cases dropping so greatly.

Yes, I wear it in public... call it civil duty, but it is really only effective worn by any sick, coughing people, to keep their spit to themselves. With all this social distancing and hand sanitizing, who is even getting a cold now? The past year has been the most healthy year for me I can remember!

A few love the George Orwell 1984 world of big government, knowing all. I have seen them, driving inside their cars, alone, and still wearing a mask... :rolleyes:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Tioloco
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2021 at 10:45 AM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  

A few love the George Orwell 1984 world of big government, knowing all. I have seen them, driving inside their cars, alone, and still wearing a mask... :rolleyes:

yep totally ridiculous!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2021 at 10:53 AM

Researchers create nose-only COVID-19 masks to wear while eating

https://nypost.com/2021/03/24/researchers-produce-nose-only-...

This is how I picture Goat.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

David K
Honored Nomad

Member Is Online

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-26-2021 at 12:04 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  

yep totally ridiculous!

I was going to add whose bumper stickers was on their cars... but Doug said no no no! ;):smug::lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2021 at 12:17 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Tioloco  

I have worn a mask the last year as required for certain establishments. I have also seen no actual evidence that a cloth face covering does anything to prevent transmission. I also received both vaccinations and am of the belief that if you want to wear a mask great. If not, great. Why do so many here feel they need to be the Covid police? I dont see these same folks worrying about the mass influx of illegal aliens pouring into USA without being tested.... What gives?

Why? Because what you do affects me. When you don't wear a mask you infect others. It's you right to decide your own fate but it's not your right to decide mine.

I don't see what this has to do with border crossings.
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2021 at 12:29 PM

You lockdown supporters are just crazy.

Example, 5,631. Just got to watch my kid play lacrosse for the first time in CA in a year.

Meanwhile, a majority (35) of states safety played HS football in the fall.

So much of this trauma that was put on kids and families was totally unnecessary.

[Edited on 3-26-2021 by JZ]

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2021 at 12:35 PM

JZ, repeating a lie over and over again will not make it true. You need to support your case and your graph does not.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2021 at 12:44 PM

You lockdown supporters are just crazy.

Example, 5,631. Just got to watch my kid play lacrosse for the first time in CA in a year.

Meanwhile, a majority (35) of states safety played HS football in the fall.

So much of this trauma that was put on kids and families was totally unnecessary.

[Edited on 3-26-2021 by JZ]

True. The trauma was shared. Unfortunately, California has problems that supersede the virus. Newsom is an easy target so blame him for all the problems.

I don't read solutions from anyone here for lockdown alternatives.

Someone said big government should butt out and adults will be responsible for themselves. I'm thinking the opposite though I'm not a government proponent.

Tell me my impression is wrong. People, esp. in California, the epicenter for the virus, are absolutely not responsible for anything, esp. taking the virus seriously. They are a lot of things -- responsible is not one.

So, solutions? Yeah, California, where it's every man for himself. Anyone living in California after the pandemic is living in the wrong state. Your problems aren't going away. You're a divided State -- like the US right now.

We are a country of laws. You don't have to agree with them, and you don't need to live here. Move to Baja where mandatory masks are enforced, at least in Loreto.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2021 at 04:13 PM

Why? Because what you do affects me. When you don't wear a mask you infect others. It's you right to decide your own fate but it's not your right to decide mine.

I don't see what this has to do with border crossings.

It's called cognitive dissonance and deflection. Very common among these types.

The types who don't care how what they do might affect others. They demand their "right to freedom" to do whatever suits them. If you don't like it, they advise you to go hide in your basement.

This is why the pandemic still rages, with thousands more infections daily and the accompanying death count.

[Edited on 3-26-2021 by surabi]
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2021 at 04:33 PM

Don't forget they also ridicule and mock those who chose their own path of dealing with this pandemic by wearing masks. "Freedom" for them, but it's not okay, or somehow stupid, that others exercise their "freedom" of choice to wear a mask, for whatever reason. Interesting.

What's so wrong with someone wearing a mask while driving? It's not as lame as wearing a hat IMHO. Does it really bother you that much? Why does it bother you? Does it infringe on your rights? Shouldn't you be watching the road anyway?

Do what you want to do, and let others have the same freedom. Just be responsible citizens, and if a mask is required/requested, wear the flocker, sit down, and shut up. Think about others, for once. It's a dead horse, let it go. We've heard your crap for over a year now.

John

[Edited on 3-26-2021 by John Harper]
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2021 at 05:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

What's so wrong with someone wearing a mask while driving? It's not as lame as wearing a hat IMHO. Does it really bother you that much? Why does it bother you? Does it infringe on your rights? Shouldn't you be watching the road anyway?

Do what you want to do, and let others have the same freedom. Just be responsible citizens, and if a mask is required/requested, wear the flocker, sit down, and shut up. Think about others, for once. It's a dead horse, let it go. We've heard your crap for over a year now.

John

If only there was a word for it.... hmmm, virtue signaling?

Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 3-26-2021 at 05:28 PM

I have on occasion elected to not take off my mask while driving because I was too lazy to take it off between short stops and I didn't need a sip of my Ballena that bad, it was still cold. It's a hassle in many respects no doubt but WTF why not as a simple courtesy and on the off chance. In many respects I don't mind encouraging die hard non mask wearers to congregate mask less in their social circles. I think it would adjust the gene pool towards my liking. Terrible thing to say as a bleeding heart liberal dem but there it is.

[Edited on 27-3-2021 by Bajabus]

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-26-2021 at 07:09 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  
Move to Baja where mandatory masks are enforced, at least in Loreto.

You happen to know how they enforce that?

I.e. you know of anyone who has been smitten by the authorities because of that?

If there is enforcement, it is directed at the business that allows un-masked customers. Campestre Maranatha caters to RVs, and campers, but a large part of their business is hosting events.

They were visited by the police after one of the groups posted numerous videos of partying without masks. The camp employees wore masks, and chairs were set up with the required spacing (1.5 meters) but that was also ignored.

[Edited on 3-27-2021 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-26-2021 at 08:22 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  

John

If only there was a word for it.... hmmm, virtue signaling?

Adjusting one's behavior, even if it doesn't jive with their own personal views, for the common good of all, is actually called social responsibility.

Hard concept for some to understand, apparently.
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 3-26-2021 at 08:58 PM

This week’s chart, lowest level since 9/25/20!

01E3AFA8-E112-4C2A-A7C4-EE98D310BBDC.jpeg - 58kB
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.