Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: water problems Mulege Municipality
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2021 at 09:02 AM
water problems Mulege Municipality

There may already be a thread talking about this that I did not find but here goes anyway.
CFE has been cutting the power to the SAPA pumps supplying water to Mulege Municipality which includes GN, Viscaino, San Ignacio, Santa Rosalia, and Mulege pueblos due to non payment of electric bills.
In Mulege we are now out of fresh water supply since Thurs 3/18
Pilas are starting to dry up if you were lucky enough to have one.
Most of the folks we know pay their water bill for a year so SAPA will not get money from those folks until early 2022 it would seem. Therefore no income for now to pay the electric bills or whoever the money is going to.
So if you are planning a trip south we might suggest you keep informed about the situation in the area you are going to spend some time in.
So far the bottled water supply is still available.

Common sense is a flower that doesn\'t grow in everyone\'s garden.....

A wise man once spoke nothing.....

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day!!
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 3-21-2021 at 09:20 AM

Wow. Is there water delivery to Punta Chivato or are they dry, too? My suegro is heading down in a couple weeks.
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2021 at 09:29 AM

Chivato has their own water supply last I knew. Not part of the SAPA water system.
So if you are hooked up to their system you are probably good. If not I think the water supply trucks are still getting water from their suppliers in the valley.

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2021 at 10:43 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtnpop  
Chivato has their own water supply last I knew. Not part of the SAPA water system.
So if you are hooked up to their system you are probably good. If not I think the water supply trucks are still getting water from their suppliers in the valley.

Own water supply in Chivato? As far as I know thy are getting their water from the SAPA well. And I do not know any supplier "in the valley" which is not SAPA.
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 3-21-2021 at 11:21 AM

We are driving north that way next week. We’ll post anything we see.

Toilets not flushing are probably a bigger issue than drinking water right now.

Nothing quite like raw sewerage during a pandemic!

Back to the 55 gal drum and plastic jug in the Pemex Station!
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2021 at 11:42 AM

Chivato has it own well and is run off a generator. And we pay dearly.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2021 at 01:37 PM

Yep, Didn't want to argue but we had a property down below the community center and the water bill didn't come from SAPA. Big pilas built and supply most or maybe all of the area now and their own well.
Also SAPA does not own all the wells in the valley, many farmers and ranchers have wells that probably sell some water to the tenders which may not be legal but maybe.... There are vendors selling water by the truck load so not from SAPA....

Terry28
Senior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty

[*] posted on 3-21-2021 at 04:10 PM

maybe time for Mulege to go solar for their pump power.....

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2021 at 07:11 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  

Thanks for the info -- didn`t know that (nobody is perfect!)
mtnpop
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2021 at 09:46 PM

I an not 100 % sure but have heard that the 2 Mulege pumps are considerably bigger than 30 HP Each has it's own electric meter and also have been told they run almost 24/7 . even tho SAPA and CFE are both Gov't entities they don't seem to work together much. SAPA is probably paying a commercial rate also.
Have been told the pumps are 440 v..

Some solar might offset the electric bill but with a considerable expense to build, also to do a solar array to hook in with CFE it is necessary to get the permitting from CFE. in my research recently..

Cryin shame that CFE thinks that pullin the plug on SAPA is gonna take care of anything, It is the end user that is having to suffer not the water company...

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-21-2021 at 11:58 PM

I an not 100 % sure but have heard that the 2 Mulege pumps are considerably bigger than 30 HP Each has it's own electric meter and also have been told they run almost 24/7 . even tho SAPA and CFE are both Gov't entities they don't seem to work together much. SAPA is probably paying a commercial rate also.
Have been told the pumps are 440 v..

Some solar might offset the electric bill but with a considerable expense to build, also to do a solar array to hook in with CFE it is necessary to get the permitting from CFE. in my research recently..

Cryin shame that CFE thinks that pullin the plug on SAPA is gonna take care of anything, It is the end user that is having to suffer not the water company...

If I am understanding that correctly, then the pumps in Mulege are "out of the CFE game" if Mulege-Sapa is paying the bill for that specific pump-meter.
Just using common sense, CFE can only cut the power to a specific meter if the power bill is not paid.
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2021 at 09:48 AM

There may already be a thread talking about this that I did not find but here goes anyway.
CFE has been cutting the power to the SAPA pumps supplying water to Mulege Municipality which includes GN, Viscaino, San Ignacio, Santa Rosalia, and Mulege pueblos due to non payment of electric bills.
In Mulege we are now out of fresh water supply since Thurs 3/18
Pilas are starting to dry up if you were lucky enough to have one.
Most of the folks we know pay their water bill for a year so SAPA will not get money from those folks until early 2022 it would seem. Therefore no income for now to pay the electric bills or whoever the money is going to.
So if you are planning a trip south we might suggest you keep informed about the situation in the area you are going to spend some time in.
So far the bottled water supply is still available.

My wife talked to her relatives in Mulege this morning. No water shortage at all. The cistern is full. And it really makes no sense that ALL meters in the entire Mulege community from Guerreo Negro to South of Mulege are cut off by CFE b/c of non-payment. And even that woul make no sense. Either SAPA is paying for all meters or none.
It is my wild guess that SAPA is not paying for every single meter separately.
1bobo
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2021 at 01:32 PM

Don't know who's cistern is full, we haven't had city water for a week. Being very careful with what remains in our tinaco. Like the old drought days in norcal, don't flush unless you mush.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-22-2021 at 02:25 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 1bobo  
Don't know who's cistern is full, we haven't had city water for a week. Being very careful with what remains in our tinaco. Like the old drought days in norcal, don't flush unless you mush.

Yellow, let it mellow....brown, it's down!

Another emergency water stretching tip.....remove the sink trap and replace it with a five gallon bucket. Use that to flush the toilet!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-22-2021 at 02:27 PM

Quote: Originally posted by 1bobo  

In general: if its yellow - let it mellow! only if its brown - flush it down.

Don`t know where you live . North-Side, maybe Loma Azul ?
Well, according to the info from this morning there are some spots in Mulege were some folks have illegal waterlines - connected to the SAPA line between dust and dawn. Could be a reason? SAPA is now investigating on that and enforcing payments even from those. T t L !
On the South-Side water supply so far is o.k.
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 3-22-2021 at 03:32 PM

not true

no water guerrero negro to south mulege all towns in between

only farmers have separate wells but could be illegal to sell that to the public

water should be on tomorrow

[Edited on 3-22-2021 by Bob and Susan]

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 3-22-2021 at 08:52 PM

Interesting, around Todos Santos the Farm Ejedos supply water to many residents. So maybe it’s not illegal!
HeyMulegeScott
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-23-2021 at 08:19 AM

The water is back on. Trucks have been coming out to the valley and fill up.

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-23-2021 at 08:40 AM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Interesting, around Todos Santos the Farm Ejedos supply water to many residents. So maybe it’s not illegal!

I wonder if there is a situation where selling the water pays more than using it to raise a crop?

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
BajaMama
Super Nomad

Mood: Got Baja fever!!

[*] posted on 3-24-2021 at 07:36 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Russ  

Thanks Russ.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.