BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: An "Honored Nomad" sets a new milestone!
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 3-24-2021 at 10:41 AM
An "Honored Nomad" sets a new milestone!

David K, by the time you reply to this post, 60,000 posts will be in your rearview mirror. Long may you post!

[Edited on 3-24-2021 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-24-2021 at 11:11 AM

OMG... what do I win? LOL :light::bounce::biggrin:

Come on everyone... post your trip reports, photos, stories... keeping it interesting for this community!

Covid has sure killed the tourism flow (and far too many people)... Looking for better times soon!

I have been speaking with Andy of Commitment and there was a big need for food assistance up at San Francisco de la Sierra and Santa Marta, both heavily rely on tourism. The painted caves have been closed by the government for Covid and with that, their chief income.

They have been helping several families up there, but they could use more help. Today, it was learned that the Mulegé Municipality has brought a lot of relief to San Francisco de la Sierra... but Santa Marta didn't get any of it.

In any case, speaking up builds awareness... I speak up because Baja has been so major in my life and I want to help in the ways I can, even if just sharing information which can bring income to the peninsula.

Thanks for the recognition, Baja Nomad!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2021 at 11:43 AM

Congratulations!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Bajabus
Senior Nomad

Mood: My friends..it's good.

[*] posted on 3-24-2021 at 12:23 PM

Nice. Me and you are member numbers 9 and 10 and go back to that "other board" It's been nice seeing you contribute so much over the years. congratulations.

"Preventive war was an invention of Hitler. Frankly I would not even listen to anyone seriously that came and talked of such a thing." Dwight David Eisenhower
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2021 at 12:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Bajabus  
Nice. Me and you are member numbers 9 and 10 and go back to that "other board" It's been nice seeing you contribute so much over the years. congratulations.

Thanks Max, and it is wonderful to see you back here as you have a wonderful history on both this and the old Amigos de Baja board... Your live coverage during a hurricane (south of Todos Santos) was epic!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2021 at 12:49 PM
Other good news...

A few of you knew my son Christopher... now 32... well, he and his (Mexicali, Baja-born) wife just had their first baby! My 6th grandchild... Me with 2 and Baja Angel's kids have a total of 4.

Iris K. was born last week in San Diego at 6lbs., 1oz.

The parents:

[Edited on 3-24-2021 by David K]

thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 3-24-2021 at 02:42 PM

Another well deserved honor to a guy that loves Baja, loves Bajanomad and loves to share his depth of knowledge about the place we all deeply appreciate.

I too have been watching the count near the big 60
Recent small sparring with my friend DK kept me making sure that he was progressing onward and upward.

David, you once told me that you were pretty certain that SkiBaja/JR would ultimately pass you.
Maybe now would be a good moment to pay tribute to this interesting guy that sadly passed away a few years ago.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2021 at 03:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by thebajarunner  
Another well deserved honor to a guy that loves Baja, loves Bajanomad and loves to share his depth of knowledge about the place we all deeply appreciate.

I too have been watching the count near the big 60
Recent small sparring with my friend DK kept me making sure that he was progressing onward and upward.

David, you once told me that you were pretty certain that SkiBaja/JR would ultimately pass you.
Maybe now would be a good moment to pay tribute to this interesting guy that sadly passed away a few years ago.

Yes, jrbaja (Ski Baja) did leave this earth way way too soon!

Here are a few photos at his La Barca home, where we first met Baja Cactus (Antonio Jr. and Sr.) for a big meeting/ bbq. Baja Bernie, Baja Nomad, and JESSIE were also there. More photos: http://www.vivabaja.com/bajacactus/

P1010007.JPG - 60kB
jrbaja and Carol, one of Doug's boys, Antonio Sr. back to camera.

P1010021.JPG - 62kB
jrbaja and I chatting... Baja Bernie is sitting next to me, listening to Antonio Junior and Senior.

P1010017.JPG - 92kB

jrbaja and I enjoying the food:

This all happened in July 2004.

CaboMagic
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2021 at 03:49 PM

OMGoodness!
bajabus nice to see you posting here .. been more than a few blue moons :-)
DK+ BajaAngel and family congratulations!

Vince
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2021 at 03:50 PM

Congratulations, David!
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2021 at 05:47 PM

@David K: U posted these photos now about a gazillion times. R U getting old and forgetting things after 60006 (six triple o six: congrats for that and lifting my cap) ?? Last time I said: Yep and in the background his brown van he was using for long trips instead of his bamboo truck. Well, do u remember that? Talking his bamboo truck, I also told you that I was `living`for a short time w/ JR on his "bamboo ranch" in S. Bartolo. come on, be honest, do you remember that? :light::light::light:
vandy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 3-24-2021 at 05:55 PM

C'mon, David, you passed 60,000 posts ages ago.
How did this happen?
By deleting old posts.

Keep up the good work!

BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Thread Moved
3-26-2021 at 06:01 PM

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.