Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Baja Whale pictures from Sputnik News
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2021 at 07:16 PM
Baja Whale pictures from Sputnik News

Very nice collection of Whale photos from Guerrero Negro compliments sputnik news. Might spot someone you know?

https://sputniknews.com/photo/202104021082519257-mexicos-tou...

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-5-2021 at 09:20 PM

"Mexico's Tourists Graced With Unique Opportunity to Pet Whales in Gulf of California"

Is this a Russian disinformation source?
The whale petting is NOT in the Gulf of California. ;)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2021 at 09:41 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
"Mexico's Tourists Graced With Unique Opportunity to Pet Whales in Gulf of California"

Is this a Russian disinformation source?
The whale petting is NOT in the Gulf of California. ;)

Obviously no. Are you really serious? Are you paranoid about Russian dis-information? I think you can relax, the Russians are not coming. This looks like a typical lack of geographical Baja terrain familiarity from an editor whose life is not totally immersed in Baja lore.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-5-2021 at 10:11 PM

The Russians were not a threat the past 4 years but that may soon change

:lol::lol: your delusions are showing, hike up your pants!

Trump was elected in 2016 only by Russian support.
Then trump proceeded to kowtow to Putin.
I think we are safe with Joe in charge, Joe is a patriot, unlike the last guy who nearly turned USA into a Russian fiefdom.

Where are the pee tapes?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2021 at 10:26 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

The Russians were not a threat the past 4 years but that may soon change

:lol::lol: your delusions are showing, hike up your pants!

Trump was elected in 2016 only by Russian support.
Then trump proceeded to kowtow to Putin.
I think we are safe with Joe in charge, Joe is a patriot, unlike the last guy who nearly turned USA into a Russian fiefdom.

Goat, where were you in the past four years that were wasted trying and failing to prove Russian support for Trump?
Also have you missed the obviously demented patriot Biden stumbling up stairs and looking continuously bewildered and led and guided around and wondered when his handlers will finally give up and turn over the reins to Kamala?

Where are the pee tapes? John McCain last had them as far as I know and he’s not talking.

[Edited on 4-6-2021 by LancairDriver]
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2021 at 10:34 PM

See the winking emoji? ;)
The Russians were not a threat the past 4 years but that may soon change! :light:

Sorry, I saw that emoji after I posted. And yes, the Russians and also the Chinese pose a more than credible military threat and lead in a lot of high tech weaponry while we spend our resources dealing with supporting a collapse of our southern border.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-5-2021 at 11:20 PM

Quote: Originally posted by LancairDriver  

Goat, where were you in the past four years that were wasted trying and failing to prove Russian support for Trump?

Driver,
You trump lemmings are delusional. I bet you think the Jan 6 insurgent attack on capital was antifa :lol::lol::lol:

The Russian support was proved by many, what wasn’t proved was Trump’s collusion with Russians. Lack of proof does not mean trump did not solicit help from Russians, or sell out himself or USA to Russians.

Hard to convict trump when Moscow Mitch was leading the senate jury of GOP lemmings that followed trump over the edge...

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

caj13
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2021 at 07:54 AM

I find it highly confusing, DK rotinrely posts here of the evils of communism, but he bends over backward to support the clown who was nothing more than a russian asset in the whitehouse.

and before all of you defenders of the orange jump in here. do yourself a favor - actually go in and read the Mueller report - the whole thing.

But I know - thats hard 400 plus pages of facts that directly conflict with your personal political leanings and fantasy world!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2021 at 08:45 AM

Don't let the facts get in the way of your illusions!
Just how low do you want America to drop because you hated a president, who loved this country instead of the rest of the world?

Trump does not love his country. Trump only loves himself.

Trump was a nasty stain on USA history. He was a con man who conned most all of the GOP. In a few years, after his staff publish their memoirs, the GOP will realize they were conned. Thank god he is gone. Hopefully his toxic children fade away too.

Woke!

Terry28
Senior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty

[*] posted on 4-6-2021 at 08:49 AM

I agree 100% with goat...the orange anus was a global embarrassment.

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2021 at 09:49 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Terry28  
I agree 100% with goat...the orange anus was a global embarrassment.

I wonder about that. Biden has surpassed Trump in the embarrassment category in his first few months. He has out done comedian Chevy Chase in his stair climbing acrobatics that entertained the entire world. His bewildered expression when he is allowed to speak in partial sentences just adds to the embarrassing spectacle. The show goes on...at least until his handlers decide enough is enough.
AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-6-2021 at 11:05 AM
Just for perspective.....

The whales have no affiliation with Russia, or China, and have never endorsed a political party, candidate, or office holder.

Another pleasant thread goes off topic!

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2021 at 11:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by AKgringo  
The whales have no affiliation with Russia, or China, and have never endorsed a political party, candidate, or office holder.

actually, the eastern pacific gray whales that visit baja have been known to intermingle with the western pacific gray whales that go southward on Russian shoreline for breeding/birthing. Baja gray whales are known to visit Russia. Baja gray whales have an affiliation with Russia (and I know for fact, that if they could vote, they would vote for liberals as they care about global warming depleting their feeding grounds!).
Just saying...

Woke!

Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 4-6-2021 at 11:24 AM

evidently its all good....long as you add the wink:rolleyes:

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2021 at 12:00 PM

LOL. :lol:That didn’t take long did it. I thought a few nice whale pictures wouldn’t be too provoking, but I guess the Russian news outlet that published them and wasn’t familiar with Baja geography caused the furor. Actually in retrospect there wasn’t a good way to pirate the pictures without exposing the dreaded Russians who got Trump elected.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2021 at 12:58 PM

Trump’s friends, the Russians, are very bad people. They are whaling in the Bering sea, and take 100 to 200 gray whales per year, for feeding animals at fur farms. Double bad: whaling to support raising/killing animals for fur.

Woke!

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2021 at 01:29 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Trump’s friends, the Russians, are very bad people. They are whaling in the Bering sea, and take 100 to 200 gray whales per year, for feeding animals at fur farms. Double bad: whaling to support raising/killing animals for fur.

You're out of your f**ckin mind. You're no different than the right media followers except on the opposite side. You spout lies like the other side except yours are those your group passes around. You're a puppet, a stooge for your party.
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2021 at 02:53 PM

All I found was subsistence whaling by indigenous groups in Russia, nothing I saw about providing for "fur farms." I believe indigenous groups here in the USA and Canada are allowed to take whales as well for subsistence and cultural uses.

https://iwc.int/russian-federation

Perhaps Goat has some other sources? Maybe this is the "Russian disinformation" that DK was alluding to?

John

[Edited on 4-6-2021 by John Harper]
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 4-6-2021 at 03:19 PM

Yeah, under Federal law the indigenous people can take 1 to 3 per year, for their own consumption.

Goat..... tell us where you learned this dark, deep and significant fact.
We all need to know your source.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-6-2021 at 03:34 PM

Quote: Originally posted by John Harper  
All I found was subsistence whaling by indigenous groups in Russia, nothing I saw about providing for "fur farms." I believe indigenous groups here in the USA and Canada are allowed to take whales as well for subsistence and cultural uses.

https://iwc.int/russian-federation

Perhaps Goat has some other sources? Maybe this is the "Russian disinformation" that DK was alluding to?

John

[Edited on 4-6-2021 by John Harper]

"A Greenpeace group revealed that some whale meat and blubber acquired through the program are used to feed foxes farmed for fur, even though the practice of using whale meat for fur farming violates the IWC rules for subsistence hunting."

"In 2018, Russia harpooned and landed 106 gray whales. Unlike US Inuit hunters, who use small boats and shoulder-mounted guns to kill bowhead whales for their subsistence needs, the Russian hunters operate modern boats donned with harpoon guns. Between 2013 and 2018, an IWC quota of 744 gray whales allowed Russian whalers to slaughter and land 716 whales."

http://savedolphins.eii.org/news/entry/the-plight-of-gray-wh...

When Environmentalists Crossed the Strait: Subsistence Whalers, Hippies, and the Soviets
RCC Perspectives, No. 5, NEW HISTORIES OF PACIFIC WHALING (2019), pp. 81-88 (8 pages)
https://www.jstor.org/stable/26850625

[Edited on 4-6-2021 by mtgoat666]

Woke!

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.