Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mexico Conservation Passports
jaymtb
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2021 at 09:07 PM
Mexico Conservation Passports

Mexico Conservation Passports -Has anyone noticed the cost increase to 1500 pesos for the annual pasaporte de la conservacion to visit protected areas such as Bahia de Los Angeles and Loreto Marine Park, etc ?
Have the daily passes\bracelets sold near the API office on the Loreto pier gone up as much? Are they still available? Do they still sell annual passes in Loreto, or is it just online? Is there a break for Mexican nationals?
Thanks
Jay
https://www.gob.mx/conanp/prensa/conanp-presenta-pasaporte-d...
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-7-2021 at 09:15 PM

It's voluntary contribution to biosphere but obviously you need FMM and Fishing license to fish, there is no legal conservation passport that restricts anyone from passing to national land or water.

[Edited on 4-8-2021 by gnukid]
chatolj
Junior Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 4-10-2021 at 07:58 PM

@ gnukid, could you please tell me which government website states that if I don't want to voluntarily pay the prescribed fee for the park use I don't have to? I don't see it spelled out that way on the CONANP website. Maybe I'm missing something. Thank you.
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-10-2021 at 09:06 PM

You can pay if you want to pay, there is no legal requirement to pay to pass to national lands, beaches or waters, especially based on discriminatory practices based on race, age or nationality. These designations aren't legal processes, they are associated to arbitrary declarations, which are not laws, or enforceable. But you are welcome to pay, at any of these sites there will be asking for money for a bracelet. Quite different from a fishing license, or FMM, or a ticket to go on boat. Its your option, if you want to pay go ahead and pay if it makes you feel good. If you don't want to pay they won't object.

UN (non-authority) is associated to World Heritage Sites or National Conservation Lands declarations, which are not based on National laws, or by any agreement or vote of the people and have no legal jurisdiction or authority.

It's a land power grab. Do your own research
Lobsterman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2021 at 05:26 AM

I just purchased the yearly Conservation Passport for me and my wife at 1500 pesos each. We fish the Coronado islands for its bounty of pelagic and bottom dwellers. It's only 18 miles from my mooring. I am quite thankful that Mexico allows us to fish some of the most productive fishing areas in this part of the world, ie. yellowtail, tuna, lingcod, big rockfish, calico, dorado, etc. all within this small conservation zone. Not to mention frequent sightings of blue, humpback and grey whales. The yellowtail are biting there NOW. I gave up dragging my boat down to fish the over-fished areas south of me when I can catch more and different varieties of fish just a hours drive south and spend the night in my own bed.

$150 USA for two to fish this beautiful and fruitful area is cheap, cheap, cheap. I hope the $ go to help improve the FMM system for boats that cross the border many times a year.

Keep up the good work Mexico.

defrag4
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-11-2021 at 09:13 AM

yes the price has gone up for the day pass as well, no mexican nationals are not exempt

good luck to gnukid arguing his point while the guardaparque hauls him off to nature jail for not having a wristband in the park

Driving the PanAmerican Highway
https://www.facebook.com/homeonthehighway/
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 4-11-2021 at 03:24 PM

Quote: Originally posted by defrag4  
yes the price has gone up for the day pass as well, no mexican nationals are not exempt

good luck to gnukid arguing his point while the guardaparque hauls him off to nature jail for not having a wristband in the park

I bought wristbands about 4-5 years ago. We never put them on.

Keep them in my bag in case they ever show up to check.

Wonder if they are using different colors now?

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 4-11-2021 at 03:32 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by defrag4  

I bought wristbands about 4-5 years ago. We never put them on.

Keep them in my bag in case they ever show up to check.

Wonder if they are using different colors now?

I hope so! Why don’t you buy new wristbands?

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.