BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Baja Troubles (at Cantamar).
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 4-12-2021 at 11:34 AM

I remember years ago shortly after Carlos died the Borja girls with new found wealth all went out and bought breast implants! god bless em
( . Y . )
JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2021 at 04:01 PM

Quote: Originally posted by David K  
From my amigo, who asked to remain anonymous after reading this thread:

"We were in Cantamar last week when that story broke. I do appreciate your not mentioning my name. Please don't.

"However, as a long time tenant we've observed the battle for ownership. In the confusion some people did not keep their maintenance payments current. The tougher new management has decided not to give them a free ride any longer and has denied entrance to several and evicted a couple of others. They were actually squatters. The media seem to interview the loudest voices, not the numerous people who have no problem. I never even heard of that one guy, but found out he just has a lot there.

"It's a shame as the bad publicity was been very damaging, and it's true that there has been a ton of confusion and some folks have just walked away from their modest investments. But there are still some nice homes in there and people are continuing to enhance their properties. Homeowners who are current with any type of assessed maintenance fees have had no problem."

Isn`t it the same inside the U.S.? You don`t pay your bill (whatever bill that might be) you are out of the game. Same story some time ago with those guys adding a part to a house they didn`t own. Some folks are blaming their stupidity and mistakes on Mexico and Baja in particular cause they just don`t learn that they are stupid. Question remains: How can you teach a stupid guy to get rid of his stupidity??? :fire:
BajaNomad
Super Administrator
Threads Merged
4-12-2021 at 05:56 PM
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 4-12-2021 at 08:39 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JC43  
Quote: Originally posted by David K  
From my amigo, who asked to remain anonymous after reading this thread:

"We were in Cantamar last week when that story broke. I do appreciate your not mentioning my name. Please don't.

"However, as a long time tenant we've observed the battle for ownership. In the confusion some people did not keep their maintenance payments current. The tougher new management has decided not to give them a free ride any longer and has denied entrance to several and evicted a couple of others. They were actually squatters. The media seem to interview the loudest voices, not the numerous people who have no problem. I never even heard of that one guy, but found out he just has a lot there.

"It's a shame as the bad publicity was been very damaging, and it's true that there has been a ton of confusion and some folks have just walked away from their modest investments. But there are still some nice homes in there and people are continuing to enhance their properties. Homeowners who are current with any type of assessed maintenance fees have had no problem."

Isn`t it the same inside the U.S.? You don`t pay your bill (whatever bill that might be) you are out of the game. Same story some time ago with those guys adding a part to a house they didn`t own. Some folks are blaming their stupidity and mistakes on Mexico and Baja in particular cause they just don`t learn that they are stupid. Question remains: How can you teach a stupid guy to get rid of his stupidity??? :fire:

I don't know Justin....read the chit he posts on BN? you're a great example:rolleyes:
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 4-12-2021 at 11:12 PM

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-04-12/american...

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
JZ
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 4-12-2021 at 11:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  

What is the truth of the matter Doug? Has the press exaggerated the situation?

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-12-2021 at 11:55 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Quote: Originally posted by BajaNomad  

What is the truth of the matter Doug? Has the press exaggerated the situation?

would you like me to refresh your memory about chit you've said right here buck?
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2021 at 06:39 AM

You get screwed in the states too.
Colorado River Indian Tribes (C.R.I.T.) in Cali are still taking peoples homes along the Colorado River.
I had the tribal leader tell me "they will never lease river front property to a white person again" The Big River lease expiring soon will displace hundreds of retirees, gonna be as interesting as Baja.

Es Todo Bueno
John Harper
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2021 at 07:47 AM

Quote: Originally posted by BajaTed  
You get screwed in the states too.
Colorado River Indian Tribes (C.R.I.T.) in Cali are still taking peoples homes along the Colorado River.
I had the tribal leader tell me "they will never lease river front property to a white person again" The Big River lease expiring soon will displace hundreds of retirees, gonna be as interesting as Baja.

My buddy lost his place out there. They cut off water and electricity. He tried to handle it with no AC but it was unbearable and finally he just walked away. Left his boat and trailer too

John

[Edited on 4-14-2021 by John Harper]
pacificobob
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2021 at 08:08 AM

Quote: Originally posted by advrider  
WOW, the other side of the story shines a little light on the subject. What the media is not telling the truth, how can this be? People not paying the bills being shut out, how dare they. More people blowing up Mexico because they didn't get there way, sounds like more ugly Americans in Baja. Thanks David.

nothing easier to sell than fear
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-13-2021 at 08:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
Quote: Originally posted by surabi  

My property was already regularized when I bought it, I knew the guy I bought it from and the guy who he bought it from.

Ya, but do you know all the children (legitimate and illegitimate) of the guy you bought it from.

The great thing about buying property in USA is that I don’t have to know the guy I bought it from or the guy he bought it from, or his kids, or his bastard children.

What does knowing the guys have to do with anything, except you are saying you trust them? But do you trust the contract to be honored in court when you can no longer trust the sellers?

You have no idea what you are blithering about, you have no idea what is safe in terms of land deals in Mexico and what isn't. You obviously don't know what regularized property means, either. It means it has a clear title. And when you have the property in a bank trust, the bank has the title. No sons or daughters of the seller get to come out of the woodwork and make a claim on the property.

And yes, by the way, the man I bought it from died years ago and I know his children. I also know the man he originally bought it from, and his children, they are my neighbors. Really good people
Not everyone is some scammer, out to screw you as you seem to believe.

[Edited on 4-14-2021 by surabi]
BajaTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 4-14-2021 at 06:53 AM

The sanctity of a contract is the difference between Mexico and the states.
Mexican banks don't ever assert their roles in a Fideocomiso, they always remain neutral and let the other two parties in the trust fight it out. This dispute is about "maintenance fees" which is legally not in the realm of the Fideocomiso. It's about the money the bastard heir has decided is now owed to them. In the states, the probate system is your recourse for badly acting trust executors, no such entity exists in Mexico.
The whole town of Desert Center CA. is the legal equivalent of what is happening in Baja, the children heirs couldn't agree to lease rates of 1200 acres, so the leasers cried foul and the CA. State probate system steps in and "freezes the asset" to force arbitration until a compromise is achieved.
CAVEAT EMPTOR

Es Todo Bueno
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-14-2021 at 07:06 AM

In USA if you don’t pay HOA fees in a gated community, the HOA typically does not lock you out. The HOA can place a lien, the courts or arbitration can settle disputes.
The problem in this example is that Baja is the Wild West where crazy flock heirs lock people out and demand fees that may or may not be legal.
Baja is flocked because the courts are not effective means for settling these disputes.

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

JC43
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-15-2021 at 09:24 AM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  
In USA if you don’t pay HOA fees in a gated community, the HOA typically does not lock you out. The HOA can place a lien, the courts or arbitration can settle disputes.
The problem in this example is that Baja is the Wild West where crazy flock heirs lock people out and demand fees that may or may not be legal.
Baja is flocked because the courts are not effective means for settling these disputes.

One point is correct: The courts in MX are mostly lame and minimum 5 years behind. A lawsuit Don Johnson/Serenidad/Mulege experienced was settled after 20 years. Who will wait 20 years for something maybe worth 20K USD? (not talking about the lawyer who is pulling you over the table and asking more than 20K) Summery again and again and all over again::: Do your homework BEFORE you buy something. If you do so, Baja is not the Wild West but perfectly safe. And don`t blame it on Baja if you are too stupid to do what needs to be done.
greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 4-20-2021 at 07:30 AM

ANUNCIATE AQUI
DISPONIBLE
INFORMES LLAMA SNOWBALL - 646-115-7754
RocketJSquirrel
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-20-2021 at 08:23 AM

Quote: Originally posted by greengoes  

I like that! And so true. The only problem being that everyone thinks it applies to someone else. Not them.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.