BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  8
Author: Subject: U.S. Dept of State announces it will issue 'Level 4: Do Not Travel' advisories for 80% of countries in the coming...
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2021 at 12:53 PM

Gavin Newsome put kids into deep depression and set their education back enormously by not allowing them to go back to school in the fall like so many states and countries did by following the science.

Meanwhile, he put his kids in private schools with in person learning.

And how many businesses and lives did he wreck by not letting ppl work?

Meanwhile, Florida stayed open, allowed ppl to work, and cared about kids.

In return their death numbers are very close to CA, despite having a much older population. And now FL has half the unemployment as CA.

Newsome is a travesty.

See Baja California in 4K: https://youtu.be/4VNTIhRa6q0

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

Come along for a ride of the famous Seven Sisters https://youtu.be/hrdzmTWPUQs

Don Pisto
Super Nomad

Mood: weary like everyone else

[*] posted on 4-22-2021 at 01:13 PM

Quote: Originally posted by JZ  
Gavin Newsome put kids into deep depression and set their education back enormously by not allowing them to go back to school in the fall like so many states and countries did by following the science.

In return their death numbers are very close to CA, despite having a much older population. And now FL has half the unemployment as CA.

Newsome is a travesty.

just to be clear....California still holds the record as having the largest actual number of elderly persons.

there's only two things in life but I forget what they are........
John Hiatt
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2021 at 01:38 PM

Quote: Originally posted by RFClark  
Lee,

“The State Department says” is one of the great lies generally speaking! Which lie shell we start with? Benghazi?

Don't know where you get your info, RF. You seem like a level headed and educated guy, seasoned traveler. Who ever you don't like at State, and whatever guidelines you think are lies, makes me think you're a conspiracist. You're making blanket statements here. And I think you are probably off base.

That's not to say I trust the US government. Guess I believe the scientists though and the CDC is passing along their findings.

I know that doctors practice their craft. That's based on lots of study acknowledging that they make mistakes.

I have zero interest in debating the politics of covid or anything coming out of CDC and State. I believe they are trying to make things right again and provide guidelines for the entire country. For me, they get the benefit of the doubt.

Graphs/charts/polls/surveys are meaningless to me. State knows something we don't. MX lowering standards looks meaningless too. I don't think they know what they're doing. They can't treat their people and don't know the real numbers. MX government is corrupt from the top down.

You listening, JZ? Don't trust MX to give you the truth as they are clueless about what's going on.

RF: I'm up for hearing about Benghazi and I'll bring up the Tonkin Gulf Incident, sometime, over drinks.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 4-22-2021 at 02:15 PM

Schools were able to open if they could come up with a plan and implement the plan.

Some schools opened before others, my local public schools got back to in-person learning early. Some neighboring districts could not get their act together and opened later for in-person learning.

So what is your point? He sends his kids to a school that got their act together.

Schools are locally run. If your local schools are poorly run, then get involved and quit griping about the state govt.

Newsome is a travesty.

Hindsight is 20/20, but in your case it may be a bit myopic. Florida rolled the dice and got lucky to some extent. They did not act on basis of sound science. How many lives could have been saved in FL if they had done more to protect life?

Should many thousands of people die so some people can stay fully employed?

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Prefered gender pronoun: the royal we

advrider
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2021 at 02:35 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  
Quote: Originally posted by advrider  

Well said, sometimes I ride a motorcycles and lane split as well. All choices and risk that I take on when I partake in such activities.. I hope to die doing something I love and not sitting around worried it might happen. My body is broken to bits with loaner tendons, metal parts and screws. None of it happen by falling off of the couch or sitting around the house.

A while ago I posted comments regarding my injuries from motorcycling....some Nomads suggested I was a poorly skilled rider. I wonder how those same folks will perceive your injury report?

A statement of your "rights" being fulfilled or a skill issue?

Mine are probably a little of both! If you never push yourself you never get better and crash less... I find my willingness to hang my ass quit as far out there a little less these days but I'm still not afraid to crash trying something or having fun. LOL, live life.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2021 at 02:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by motoged  

Well said, sometimes I ride a motorcycles and lane split as well. All choices and risk that I take on when I partake in such activities.. I hope to die doing something I love and not sitting around worried it might happen. My body is broken to bits with loaner tendons, metal parts and screws. None of it happen by falling off of the couch or sitting around the house.

A while ago I posted comments regarding my injuries from motorcycling....some Nomads suggested I was a poorly skilled rider. I wonder how those same folks will perceive your injury report?

A statement of your "rights" being fulfilled or a skill issue?

Mine are probably a little of both! If you never push yourself you never get better and crash less... I find my willingness to hang my ass quit as far out there a little less these days but I'm still not afraid to crash trying something or having fun. LOL, live life.

just ask Travis Pastrana.....or should I say Cameron McAdoo!:lol:
RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 4-22-2021 at 07:19 PM

Lee, Tonkin Gulf! That would be LBJ and McNamara no lying there at all (Not!)

My point is Government has interests which aren’t always the same as your or my interests!

“Gavin Newsom doing great job!” - Not!

Goat, what people do agree on is the taxes in California are the highest in the nation’

On the subject of Newson well not so much! Down from 60% last year!

Quoted from the LA Times!

“People are reevaluating how well Newsom is doing handling the pandemic. Once your job performance rating starts to decline, it’s more difficult to put it back in the right direction. You kind of accumulate negatives over time.” In all, about 46 percent of those polled approved of the overall job Newsom has done in office to this point. Late last year, Newsom’s approval was in the neighborhood of 60 percent.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2021 at 08:19 PM

Goat, what people do agree on is the taxes in California are the highest in the nation’

With respect to middle class, taxes in CA are better than 10 or 15 states. The prop tax is quite low. The states with lowest taxes are pretty crappy places, schools and culture are for chit (Alaska is an anomaly where Petroleum funds the govt, but Alaska doesn’t have much besides snow and mosquitos).

Woke!

“...ask not what your country can do for you – ask what you can do for your country.” “My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-22-2021 at 08:45 PM

Quote: Originally posted by mtgoat666  

With respect to middle class, taxes in CA are better than 10 or 15 states. The prop tax is quite low. The states with lowest taxes are pretty crappy places, schools and culture are for chit (Alaska is an anomaly where Petroleum funds the govt, but Alaska doesn’t have much besides snow and mosquitos).

FL doesn't have income tax and has a fraction of the homeless population that CA has. They had enough $'s to open their schools safely.

Where is all that tax money going? Multi-billion dollar rail lines that stretch for a whopping 100 miles in central CA?

You are getting beat like a drum itt.

[Edited on 4-23-2021 by JZ]

Ever wanted to camp on a deserted island in the Sea of Cortez? https://youtu.be/g3ThXCm3XSA

RFClark
Super Nomad

Mood: Looking forward to 2024

[*] posted on 4-23-2021 at 05:34 AM

Goat,

Property tax is the $$$ you pay each year not the tax rate! Plus what you pay each day cause you can't afford to live near where you work. The what you pay each day includes driving costs and the hours out of your life spent driving back and forth!

A house that costs $500k+ here and $100k - $200k elsewhere doesn’t have a “low tax rate”! Sales tax is 10% where most live in CA as well!

Then there are the lousy crowded roads lined with tents and junk RVs that people live in!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2021 at 12:09 PM

Goat, here is what Caitlyn Jenner thinks about Newsome. I'd vote for her.

https://twitter.com/Caitlyn_Jenner/status/138559267492157849...

gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2021 at 12:53 PM

This Covid thing is losing focus, let's move on to the next distraction, Climate Change, start the fear mongering!
JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2021 at 12:57 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  

But of course. Who could possibly be more competent than a reality TV star, to head the government of California.

Or of our country, for that matter! :cool:

Do you realize the commitment and mental toughness it takes to become an Olympic gold mentalist?

I'll take that over someone who's only qualification is being related to a well known politician.

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-23-2021 at 01:16 PM

Quote: Originally posted by lencho  

But of course. Who could possibly be more competent than a reality TV star, to head the government of California.

Or of our country, for that matter! :cool:

Do you realize the commitment and mental toughness it takes to become an Olympic gold mentalist?

I'll take that over someone who's only qualification is being related to a well known politician.

i don't think anyone has ever considered Caitlyn/Bruce of being a mentalist! :?:

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
del mar
Banned

Mood: lil' fuzzy

[*] posted on 4-23-2021 at 01:21 PM

Quote: Originally posted by gnukid  
This Covid thing is losing focus, let's move on to the next distraction, Climate Change, start the fear mongering!

wait, did we finish up with Benghazi yet?
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2021 at 01:32 PM

https://twitter.com/Caitlyn_Jenner/status/138559267492157849...

Well, she is tall, and so perhaps that is why you midgets are drawn in by her.

Other than being tall, i dont see how she has anything in her life that is relevant to being an effective politician.

Woke!

JZ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2021 at 02:12 PM

CNN had a bunch of millennials on this week saying they suffer from Climate Anxiety.

elgatoloco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2021 at 02:32 PM

Lee,

“The State Department says” is one of the great lies generally speaking! Which lie shell we start with? Benghazi?

Ten investigations were conducted into the 2012 Benghazi attack, six of these by Republican-controlled House committees. Problems were identified with security measures at the Benghazi facilities, due to poor decisions made by employees of the State Department's Bureau of Diplomatic Security, and specifically its director Eric Boswell, who resigned under pressure in December 2012.[1] Despite numerous allegations against Obama administration officials of scandal, cover-up and lying regarding the Benghazi attack and its aftermath, none of the ten investigations found any evidence to support those allegations.[2][3][4][5] The last of the investigation committees issued its final report and shut down in December 2016, one month after the 2016 presidential election.[6][7][8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investigation_into_the_2012_Be...

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

AKgringo
Elite Nomad

Mood: Retireded

[*] posted on 4-23-2021 at 03:28 PM

Quote: Originally posted by del mar  

wait, did we finish up with Benghazi yet?

We're getting pretty far off topic, but since we are there, ambassador Chris Stevens was from my home town, Grass Valley CA!

I did not know him, or his parents, but his grandfather and grandmother were both teachers I had in high school.

I'm done, are we back on topic again?

[Edited on 4-23-2021 by AKgringo]

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space!

"Could do better if he tried!" Report card comments from most of my grade school teachers. Sadly, still true!
surabi
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-23-2021 at 04:19 PM

Then there are the lousy crowded roads lined with tents and junk RVs that people live in!

Yeah, how dare people be poor or suffer from mental issues. The nerve! Don't they realize that their very existence is offensive to those who don't have to live like that?
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  8

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.